View Full Version : PM9 sight dovetail dimensions

00Ghost00
10-16-2013, 10:18 PM
Anyone have the dovetail dimensions for the sights on a "new style" PM9 slide?

I need to have NS installed, and I can't say I'm overly enthused by the current off-the-shelf options. Specifically, I'd like to see if a gunsmith can modify/fit a Trijicon HD front sight. Assuming I can find one with larger dimensions than the dovetail for the PM9 slide, it could probably modified to fit.

FLBri
10-17-2013, 06:36 AM
I suggest you start with the Smith first. Let him do the measures with a dial calipers and tell you what he is comfortable with ... in terms of metal 'whittling'.

hardluk1
10-17-2013, 08:56 AM
How about dawsons night sights, they have both front and rear.-
http://www.dawsonprecision.com/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=SIGHTS+REAR%3AKahr+Arm s+Rear+Sights:Kahr+Arms+Tritium+Inserted+Rear+Sigh ts

jocko
10-17-2013, 10:26 AM

I need to have NS installed, and I can't say I'm overly enthused by the current off-the-shelf options. Specifically, I'd like to see if a gunsmith can modify/fit a Trijicon HD front sight. Assuming I can find one with larger dimensions than the dovetail for the PM9 slide, it could probably modified to fit.

sure sounds like ur gonna go through alot of stuff and expense and "risk" to achieve what small gain u might feel u will get. Just sayin. I haven't been aorund alot f smitty but what I have been around, they can tellu they can do anything u want but if the results are not good, I firmly believe ur then on ur own...

gb6491
10-17-2013, 11:33 AM

I have a new style PM40 slide (sights should be the same): the front dove tail measures .311" at it's widest spot. The rear measures .332" at it's widest. FWIW, the widest spot on both dovetails is where the cut starts on the extractor side of the slide.
Regards,
Greg

00Ghost00
10-17-2013, 11:30 PM
Thanks gb6491. That should get me started.

I'm with ya jocko. I'm aware I'm probably walking down a potentially expensive, and frustrating path. Heck, I may even get told "not possible/not going to happen". It's just nice to have some information upfront when talking with a smith. I may end up talking to Kahr's custom shop to see if something can be done beyond the usual Mep/Trijicon offerings.