PDA

View Full Version : CW380 Experience

gassah
02-19-2014, 07:10 PM
Hi all, first time poster. I purchased the CW380 in November, 2013 because I wanted something smaller than my Walther PPS. After the common issues during break-in I still had a problem with the slide locking back prematurely. I sent it back to Kahr and they returned it in one week repaired. After another 150 rounds it stopped locking back at all. I tried a Wolff spring without any luck. Kahr didn't return two voice messages so I changed out the slide stop and that fixed it. After about 1200 rounds it occasionally didn't return to battery and replacing the recoil springs took care of it.

The winner's circle ammos from Ammo Quest that work the best for me are the Fiocchi Extrema XTP and the HPR XTP, 175 and 200 trouble-free rounds, respectively. Hornady CD also works well. I've had issues with Precision One and Federal Premium Hydrashok and any flat nose ammo.

Overall I think it's a terrific little gun and thanks to all the contributors that made troubleshooting and maintaining the gun much easier.

gassah

muggsy
02-19-2014, 07:33 PM
I think that the guy who invented those flat nose bullets should be shot. :)

rjt123
02-19-2014, 08:46 PM
I think that the guy who invented those flat nose bullets should be shot. :)

....but not with a flat-nosed bullet, right? ;)

kevmck1
02-20-2014, 10:03 AM
Anybody try the freedom munitions 380 flat nosed bullets? I just bought 500rds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjt123
02-20-2014, 11:01 AM
Anybody try the freedom munitions 380 flat nosed bullets? I just bought 500rds.

My P380 doesn't like the WWB flat-nosed .380 rounds. I've never tried the rounds you specifically asked about, but my general impression from several threads here on KahrTalk is that the flat-nosed ammo doesn't play very well with the feed ramp in Kahr's barrels.

When I tried the WWB stuff, it wasn't that it didn't work at all. Just that I had some feeding issues with that which I didn't have before or after with other ammo. So my simplistic conclusion was "It don't like that stuff. Don't buy it again."

But hey, maybe you've found the one that will work...so let us know how it goes. :)

Firewire
03-08-2014, 05:58 PM
I finally got to go to a range to break in my CW380 (first time out). I tried a 100rd box of WWB and was waiting for the flat nose to cause a problem, but it didn't. After those 100 rounds I had a 50rd box of PMC Bronze round nose and they started to give me failures to return to battery completely, but I honestly think it was the dirty build up and not the rounds.

Best part, was I was able to shoot 150 rds without any PAIN from this .380 pocket pistol! My only complaints are that the slide bit my left thumb pretty good 1 time (grrrr :40:) and that 100 round mark must indicate this baby needs a cleaning to continue to perform as good as it did in the first 100 rounds. Then again, I am "50 rds" away from the "break-in" period.

FCastle88
03-08-2014, 06:01 PM
What issues were you having with the Precision One ammo? Was it their XTP load?

Purple Mountain Outdoors
03-08-2014, 07:11 PM
I'm sorry you're having issues. Keep on breaking it in!