PDA

View Full Version : New mk9 dropping magazine

turtle3
02-20-2014, 06:38 AM
My new MK9 elite is dropping the 7 round mag when fired.:mad: I found two things: 1 you can slightly twist the mag when fully inserted into the mag well. 2. The magazine release button apparently is not fully seated. It protrudes 1/32 to 1/16 inch on the right side of the weapon. Emailed Kahr technical last Monday morning but no response yet on possible solution. Pulled the release button but no apparent burrs etc on frame or button but I am not a pro. Thanks for any help.

sas PM9
02-20-2014, 10:49 AM
My new MK9 elite is dropping the 7 round mag when fired.:mad: I found two things: 1 you can slightly twist the mag when fully inserted into the mag well. 2. The magazine release button apparently is not fully seated. It protrudes 1/32 to 1/16 inch on the right side of the weapon. Emailed Kahr technical last Monday morning but no response yet on possible solution. Pulled the release button but no apparent burrs etc on frame or button but I am not a pro. Thanks for any help.

T3:

Do you have another magazine to try?
I would suggest that if a second magazine has the same problem, it is probably a problem with the pistol. But if the second magazine works properly, you likely have a bad 7 rd mag.

HTH.

-steve

jocko
02-20-2014, 01:08 PM

wellu have trouble shot the issue properly. I am gonna say it is a bad magazine being the 6 round mags kwhich u made no comment about seems to be OK. Mybe email kahr and stateur case qand ask if u can send back the 7 round mag.. Personaly u bought a smallass gun stick witht he flush fit mags, If u needed one more round IMO u should have bought the cw series...Nice gun though.

Ikeo74
02-20-2014, 01:35 PM
Make sure you are getting the mag seated correctly. Push it with extra force and listen tor the click and see if the mag release button returns to the normal position, Or try it with only 6 rounds in it.

turtle3
02-21-2014, 12:16 PM
wellu have trouble shot the issue properly. I am gonna say it is a bad magazine being the 6 round mags kwhich u made no comment about seems to be OK. Mybe email kahr and stateur case qand ask if u can send back the 7 round mag.. Personaly u bought a smallass gun stick witht he flush fit mags, If u needed one more round IMO u should have bought the cw series...Nice gun though.
Sorry Jocko, the gun ships with one 6 round mag and one 7 round mag. Kahr agrees with me that it is probably a marginal mag and a mag release button that is not completely seating so they are shipping both. A very responsive reply from Kahr customer service.

UPDATE- Kahr shipped new mag and mag release button. All mags work ok now. Mag release portion which locks onto mag seats more into mag well so it captures mags better. Release button still doesn't fit flush with frame but problem solved.