View Full Version : CW9 first outing report

Mross1990
02-21-2014, 02:31 PM
Well guys I put 350 rounds through my new kahr and I'm impressed. One minor issue was one time the slide didn't lock back. After 200 rounds it performed well. I can officially carry it now haha. Still have to get use to the trigger. It's like a revolver and I've never owned a revolver but still shot nice groups with it. The gun is definately more accurate than me lol.

One more thing...I hate the darn magazine! Loading it tares your thumb up! Anyone have a solution to this? He's a pic of my thumb haha http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/22/uvymevu3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jocko
02-21-2014, 02:33 PM
OK, just load as few rounds shy for rang euse, sames the finners and u get the same results. In time also the mag spring will loosen up some. There IMO is no need to load full the magazine for range use. Also cutsd back on some needless rounds being shot. Butt ugly finner there to. Just sayin

berettabone
02-21-2014, 02:43 PM
Maglula Uplula............................................ ......

Mross1990
02-21-2014, 02:50 PM
It's not the mag spring. It's the edge of the magazine around the follower. And what is "finner"? Why not load a full mag? I don't rapid fire I take my time and shoot so I'm not gonna put 2 rounds in a mag n the. Shoot twice n load it up again. Don't make sense

Bob T
02-21-2014, 03:18 PM
Maglula Uplula............................................ ......

This....Ordered one the day after I first shot my K40...

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/952670/maglula-uplula-pistol-magazine-loader-and-unloader-polymer-black

DavidR
02-21-2014, 04:26 PM
It's not the mag spring. It's the edge of the magazine around the follower. And what is "finner"? Why not load a full mag? I don't rapid fire I take my time and shoot so I'm not gonna put 2 rounds in a mag n the. Shoot twice n load it up again. Don't make sense

I think he means that last round is the hardest to stuff in the magazine so it might be the one tearing up your finger.

igolfat8
02-21-2014, 09:11 PM
Use an Uplula loader.

bob98366
02-21-2014, 10:46 PM

Piling on, you need to get a magazine loader, and IMHO (and other's) UpLula is the best. They make different sizes for both pistol and rifle magazines, but the one you want works from 9mm up to .45. You can load as fast as you can pick up the rounds with zero pain. Amazon has them as well as most ammo stores.

Don't worry too much about Jocko's spelling. He usually gets 90% of a word spelled correctly, so guessing the rest is second nature after a while. finner is finger.

trooplewis
02-21-2014, 11:35 PM
Another vote for the Uplula.
I'll never thumb rounds into a magazine again, best $30 I've spent in a long time.

leftysixty
02-22-2014, 03:04 AM
I'm told that "real men don't use mag loaders":( I use a mag loader:D

:amflag: