PDA

View Full Version : First Illinois CCW permits could be issued next week!

Bob T
02-25-2014, 03:32 PM
From today's Daily Herald...

Illinois State Police said the first permits allowing people to carry concealed handguns in public could be issued next week.

“We’re looking to have approved licenses as early as the first week of March,” spokeswoman Monique Bond said. “We are in the process of that now.”Full story:

First concealed carry permits could be issued next week (http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20140225/news/140228883/)

Longitude Zero
02-25-2014, 03:41 PM
Fantastic!!!

wyntrout
02-25-2014, 04:15 PM
I bet there'll be a lot of Walmart Walks... and Mall Walks.

Wynn:D

Paulgl26
02-26-2014, 07:41 AM
I'm ready for my wally walk
Now where is my permit :)
I think they will send the trainers permits first :mad:

berettabone
02-26-2014, 12:33 PM
To all of the people in Illinois, who wanted a right, and a means to be able to protect themselves...........I know how they feel. It took my state what seemed like an eternity, to get with the program. Enjoy it, you really never know for sure, how long it will last. That's my take, for a lot of states.

Bob T
02-28-2014, 01:57 PM
First 5,000 CCW licenses being mailed out today:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-illinois-first-concealed-carry-licenses-in-the-mail-5000-of-them-20140228,0,696877.story

Probably not mine, as I didn't get mine in until about the third week after they started taking applications.
But I have a buddy that submitted on the first day, so I'll be waiting to hear from him.

Paulgl26
02-28-2014, 01:59 PM
I applied on 1/2 still under review :-(

Bob T
03-01-2014, 08:27 AM
I applied on 1/2 still under review :-(

Yup...my buddy also applied 1/2 and is also still under review. Might be the first 5K came from the early apps in December from instructors.

Bill K
03-01-2014, 09:31 AM
I think it is great and about time.

I don't follow/understand Walmart and Mall walks, what does that mean? Is it to suggest some folks will be going to these places looking for trouble?

Bob T
03-01-2014, 09:41 AM
I don't follow/understand Walmart and Mall walks, what does that mean? Is it to suggest some folks will be going to these places looking for trouble?

Bill, I am glad you asked, because I don't get it either. Anyone?:confused:

Paulgl26
03-01-2014, 11:23 AM
I'm approved :-)
Now I'll camp by the mail box :-)

berettabone
03-01-2014, 11:59 AM
It's when someone gets their CCL for the first time, so, their first time out in public, they go to the mall or Wallyworld to carry for the first time, around a bunch of the general public. To get the feel, the vibe, the carry walk with a firearm on your person, around a lot of people. Up here, they call it the newbie strut.:p:59:

Paulgl26
03-01-2014, 12:02 PM
I have Utah and Florida so I am used to it
There is one person that received the licence :-) on Illinoiscarry

cigarrodog
03-02-2014, 01:31 PM
After checking this last Friday, I was approved. The permit expires 2/28/19. Can't wait to actually get it. Already practicing my "newbie strut."

wyntrout
03-02-2014, 01:36 PM
I won't get up there again until May. At least I can CCW in my vehicle... legally!

Wynn:D

Glock23
03-05-2014, 06:21 PM
Booyeah!

It's a beautiful thing...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/06/te8ysaba.jpg

Paulgl26
03-05-2014, 06:24 PM
I got mine today
I was at iIgold so I'll see it in a little bit :-)

cigarrodog
03-05-2014, 11:38 PM
Walked to the mailbox and there it was. Exciting. Illinois history. "Newbie Strut" for real tomorrow.

wyntrout
03-05-2014, 11:40 PM
Congrats to all of you!

Wynn:)

cigarrodog
03-05-2014, 11:42 PM
Thank you.

jlottmc
03-06-2014, 11:54 AM
...I don't follow/understand Walmart and Mall walks, what does that mean? Is it to suggest some folks will be going to these places looking for trouble?

It's when someone gets their CCL for the first time, so, their first time out in public, they go to the mall or Wallyworld to carry for the first time, around a bunch of the general public. To get the feel, the vibe, the carry walk with a firearm on your person, around a lot of people. Up here, they call it the newbie strut.:p:59:

To add to this, generally speaking the first few times some one with a new CHL (or whatever you want to call it) goes out in public, they feel that all can see their gun, and all hell is about to break loose because some one may start screaming about it. It is sort of unofficially recommended to go somewhere like wallyworld in order to accomplish a couple of things: 1 to get over the newness and quit telegraphing you have it by your actions 2 to learn that no one can see your gun and that no one is generally looking at your ass (guys, sorry girls we do look) and 3 to get comfortable with it and in public. The theory is that walmartians won't make that much of a stink if you do actually get caught.

Welcome all you folks up there just now being able to legally come into the light. You fought hard and still have much to do, but enjoy.

Cougar8000
03-06-2014, 12:14 PM
Got mine as well on Monday. Word of advise. From confirm source CPD and some other agencies are not prepared nor have been trained to deal with us. They haven't even had any discussion. Yesterday was the first time anyone started talking about it and it was from their union

Tread lightly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex
Owner
Misha Cycles, Inc
Misha Tactical Arms, Inc
https://www.facebook.com/MishaTacticalArmsInc

sw66hiviz
03-06-2014, 01:18 PM
Congrats to those of you receiving your license. I got notice today my CC class has been canceled as they did not have enough people signing up, which I think is an excuse as the class isn't until May. Regardless, gotta find another class. On a brighter note, I picked up my new CW380. Was never able to find one in a gun store; had to order through Gunbroker w/o ever getting to actually handle the gun. However, it is what I had hoped for in terms of size, weight. Will be a nice companion to my CW9.

BTW, Cougar8000, I have one of those, too. Great gun, smooth as silk, but too large for me to carry.

Glock23
03-06-2014, 01:32 PM
Word of advise. From confirm source CPD and some other agencies are not prepared nor have been trained to deal with us. They haven't even had any discussion. Yesterday was the first time anyone started talking about it and it was from their union

Tread lightlyI've heard the same from several different people regarding several different police departments throughout the state... and here's my thoughts on the matter.

In December 2012, judge Posner ruled that Illinois' blanket ban on concealed firearms outside the home was unconstitutional. That was close to a year and a half ago... the cops knew this was coming.

On July 9th, 2013, the Firearm Concealed Carry Act (a very widely publicized SHALL ISSUE bill) was signed into law.

Since then, it's been widely publicized that applications for CCLs would be available by January of this year. So again, they knew this was coming.

Not to mention that retired LEOs have been carrying concealed for years (retired LEO = legally armed civilian, just like us). Or that as of the date the FCCA was signed into law, it was 100% legal for non-residents (legal to carry in their home state) to carry in their vehicle while in Illinois.

So forgive me if any of this information comes from LEOs who are friends, but if a cop doesn't know how to handle a law-abiding, legally armed citizen... maybe they should find a new profession.

We've been studying this law since its inception, and there are people all over this state eagerly waiting for a lawsuit because a gung-ho cop doesn't understand the law and steps on someone's rights. It's gonna be a fun year.

Bawanna
03-06-2014, 01:42 PM
I don't see the police officer interaction being any different than anywhere else. There are cops and there are everyone else. This even included cops out of uniform etc. I think the majority of cops are not gonna care one way or the other unless of course you try to hurt them or threaten them or be a wise arse.

I'd go so far as to say most would not make a big deal even if you didn't have a CCW before they were allowed.

Respect the officer, don't surprise him and don't be a dirt bag and I'm sure you'll have a harmonious outcome.

Cougar8000
03-06-2014, 02:00 PM
Gents

While I agree with you on all counts, you are fogetting that this is IL. CPD chief just the other day said that people MUST tell the officer they are carrying right from the getgo before even asked about

Those in the know, know that law says you MUST tell only if asked

Alex
Owner
Misha Cycles, Inc
Misha Tactical Arms, Inc

Cougar8000
03-06-2014, 02:02 PM
BTW, Cougar8000, I have one of those, too. Great gun, smooth as silk, but too large for me to carry.

Ahhhh, not many know what it is :) The original? I had it since they first came out. LOVE IT. Yeah, I don't carry it either. PM9 is doing that duty

Alex
Owner
Misha Cycles, Inc
Misha Tactical Arms, Inc

Glock23
03-06-2014, 02:16 PM
CPD chief just the other day said that people MUST tell the officer they are carrying right from the getgo before even asked aboutBetween McStreetlight and Dart, I'm surprised the citizens of Chicago and Cook county haven't risen up in a revolt. So glad I don't live anywhere near Chicago.

Bob T
03-06-2014, 02:42 PM
So glad I don't live anywhere near Chicago.

Oh...don't say that.:)

It's a world class, culturally rich, beautiful city, with much to offer. We live in the western 'burbs, and my wife and I go into the city several times a year. We've got a room reserved in April, close by Lincoln Hall so that we can walk over and see one of our favorite bands.
(And BTW, Lincoln Hall is right across the street from the Biograph movie theater where John Dillinger was killed)

Anyway, sorry for the jack, but I am the OP;):p:D

smo79
03-06-2014, 05:05 PM
Hey congrats to all those who just got their CCL. I just got mine Wednesday and it is a beautiful thing.

Bob T
03-06-2014, 05:59 PM
Hey congrats to all those who just got their CCL. I just got mine Wednesday and it is a beautiful thing.

When did you submit your app, smo?

smo79
03-06-2014, 06:27 PM
Jan 2nd, I did have the electronic fingerprints done to speed up the process. I know some people are against them but I had to submit two sets for my Florida and Arizona CCL so I figured what the heck do I have to lose.

cigarrodog
03-06-2014, 08:03 PM
Got mine as well on Monday. Word of advise. From confirm source CPD and some other agencies are not prepared nor have been trained to deal with us. They haven't even had any discussion. Yesterday was the first time anyone started talking about it and it was from their union

Tread lightly

Alex
Owner
Misha Cycles, Inc
Misha Tactical Arms, Inc
Just went to your FB page and really liked what I read, especially the article on AIWB. Just got my CCL. Do you hold classes? I'm close to VH.

Cougar8000
03-06-2014, 08:10 PM
Just went to your FB page and really liked what I read, especially the article on AIWB. Just got my CCL. Do you hold classes? I'm close to VH.

Hey there, yes I do. This month I am booked with private classes, next month I am opening up for public. I also do UT classes which you need for WI.

Ping me via FB, so not to clutter this thread.

Bob T
03-18-2014, 03:23 PM
Today my status changed to "Active," with an expiration date of 3/18/19.:D

Time to start watching the mail box.

Bob T
03-20-2014, 03:18 PM
Received it today....:)

So 9 1/2 weeks from submission to arrival...

Paulgl26
03-20-2014, 03:20 PM
It was 61 days for me. Been carrying for 2 weeks :-)