View Full Version : P380 Light Primer Strikes

Irelander
05-12-2014, 02:25 PM
I carry my P380 everyday. Usually in an ankle holster but sometimes in a pocket holster. It has ran flawlessly for me. I shoot it about once a month to make sure things are running smoothly. I pulled it out last week to put a couple of mags through it and not one round went off. I about pooped my pants when I yanked it from my ankle holster and "CLICK". I hand cycled through 2 mags worth of ammo and not one round went off. Every round had a very light mark on the primer. Boy was I mad! What if I had needed to defend myself with that gun? Its the sort of thing nightmares are made of.

So I detail stripped the slide this weekend to see if there were any obvious issues. Everything looked good. Wasn't really even dirty put I wiped everything out anyway.

Went out to shoot it some more during the weekend and about 5 out of 20 rounds went off. Now I am hopping mad. It is totally unreliable. Not sure what happened but I need to trust this gun everyday.

I've read about a few ideas to solve the issue. I have requested Kahr send me a new recoil spring and striker spring. I am going to give the striker channel a good hosing out to make sure there isn't anything gumming it up. I also read that there were issues early on with out of spec trigger bars. Did Kahr clear up that issue? My serial number is RC04XX.

Hopefully I can get it running good again so I can sell it ASAP. Even if I get it running good or I send it back to Kahr and they fix it so its running good, I will never trust this gun again. Yanking it from the holster and hearing that click gave me the chills. If that had been a defensive situation I would most likely be dead.

jocko
05-12-2014, 03:40 PM
IMO ur doing the right thing in trying the new springs. IMO it will not probalby do the trck. My guess is u have an out of whack trigger bar which wll produce light strikes for sure. I f u have not cleane dthe striker channel, indeed do sol as also if any crud was left in that area from machingin etc that was not cleaned out orignally, it could have built up and caused ur isse. It is hard to imagine how u can shoot a gun and have no issues and then put it away and bingo, it gives fits. A new ecol spring will assur ehegun is going into full battery. if it is the slightest bit out of battery, it will produce lite strikes also, but I would think you would otice that also.

If u wil l never trust this gun againk then IMO u est peddle it after u get it back from kahr. Makes no sense to have it in the safe or where ever. U are smart enough to realize that sh!t does happen even to the best of guns. My G19 had to go back, and today I trust it with my life. Give kahr a shot at fixing it right for you and then retest and rethink ab out that comment, but what ever, if u post it for sale here , it will sell. Jusdt sayin

muggsy
05-12-2014, 07:28 PM
I don't understand people who say that they can trust a gun, because it failed once. Suppose you discover that your gun didn't fire because of something that you did or didn't do? Are you going to blame the gun? Every gun that was ever manufactured failed at some point in it's life. I suggest you give up carrying and depend on 911. Either that or adopt a more adult attitude. Just sayin.

smokersteve
05-12-2014, 08:08 PM
Every gun that was ever manufactured failed at some point in it's life.

Not true. I have a Glock 19, a Kahr cm9, a S&W Shield, a S&W m&p22, a Marlin .22 rifle, a Marlin 30-30, and a couple of shotguns that have never failed. My sons Ruger 30-06 and Mossberg 500 also have never failed.

Irelander, that would be disheartening to hear click that many times.
So I imagine the previous time out the gun ran fine? If so that's the worst part. I can understand something breaking while using it, but not when sitting around for a month. I would probably get it fixed and unload it also.

b4uqzme
05-12-2014, 08:24 PM
Not true. I have a Glock 19, a Kahr cm9, a S&W Shield, a S&W m&p22, a Marlin .22 rifle, a Marlin 30-30, and a couple of shotguns that have never failed. My sons Ruger 30-06 and Mossberg 500 also have never failed.

...yet.

Trust is a personal thing...and there is a lot at stake when it comes to your EDC. Good luck.

Pointblank
05-13-2014, 04:13 AM
Solvent or Lubricant in the firing pin channel can cause that to happen.

muggsy
05-13-2014, 05:27 AM

Irelander, that would be disheartening to hear click that many times.
So I imagine the previous time out the gun ran fine? If so that's the worst part. I can understand something breaking while using it, but not when sitting around for a month. I would probably get it fixed and unload it also.

Your Glock 19 may not have failed, but there are plenty of other's Glock 19s that have, particularly the G-19 Gen 4. Every gun that you mentioned has failed at one time or another, or there would be very little need in this world for gunsmiths. A gun is a mechanical contrivance and as such is subject to fail at any time without notice. There are thousands of P380's in daily use that haven't failed.

SlowBurn
05-13-2014, 05:47 AM
Sounds like you're going to work on it yourself instead of letting Kahr take care of it. For something that critical, I wouldn't do that even if you're pretty skilled, especially since you don't know exactly what's causing the problem. The manufacturer can simply replace everything that MIGHT be involved (since they have all the parts) then test fire to make sure its running and return to you.

Then if you like you can sell it. I did the same thing with a Taurus. I also bought my Kahr from somebody who did that and I've been happy as a clam with it.

Irelander
05-13-2014, 07:46 AM
I suggest you give up carrying and depend on 911. Either that or adopt a more adult attitude. Just sayin.

I assume that you have probably cooled down by now. Just sayin.

Let's say earlier in the day before I found my P380 to not go bang. I was at the mall and was confronted by a psychopath wielding a gun or knife intent on killing me. Pretty unlikely, I know, but it does happen. When my P380 doesn't go off then not even 911 is going to help me. I'd say its a pretty adult attitude to want to retain ones life and to trust the gun you use for that purpose. It wasn't like it had one light primer strike and all I had to do was a tap and rack to get it running again. It would not fire at all...aka completely useless.

The gun ran flawlessly from day one. I did have return to battery issues when racking in the first round but Kahr sent me a new recoil spring and that fixed that. Everything was running great until last week.

I detail stripped the slide again last night and hosed the striker channel out really good with Gun Blaster. It looks super clean as far as I can tell. I never run lube in the striker channel so I know that wasn't the issue. Maybe there was a metal shaving or burr that got knocked loose after my last shooting session and jammed things up. Hopefully I will get a chance to try it out again tonight.

I am not opposed to sending it in to Kahr but I am leaving for vacation on Friday and I doubt they would do me any favors rushing to get it back to me by Thursday. Hopefully they will send me the springs I requested and get them here by Thursday. If I can't get it running by then I am going to have to figure out how to fit my G19 into my swimming trunks.;)

I still have to say that I am seriously considering selling/trading it after I get it running. However, I do really like the size, feel, balance, of the P380 so who knows? That click...tap/rack...click...tap/rack...click...etc. really got me thinking about what I use for a EDC weapon. I know that the micro .380 pistols aren't known for their impeccable reliability but i had heard great things about the P380. I was a believer until this ordeal.

I doubt I have an trigger bar issue. I would think that light strikes would have occurred before now if I did. Does Kahr have a lead on the out of spec trigger bars? I have read here and there about that issue. Is there a serial number range that may have that issue? Was there a recall issued?

Whaleman
05-13-2014, 08:13 AM
This happened to me and it was a broken firing pin. Dan

Irelander
05-13-2014, 08:25 AM
I wish it was that simple. My striker looks fine. When I disengage the striker block safety and push the striker forward, the pin protrudes normally.

jocko
05-13-2014, 10:53 AM
email kahr attn: Jay, state ur case and ask for a pickup. soone ru get it back the soone ru will be able to enjoy it later.

Have u let anutter shooter try the gun also, to see if he can duplicate ur issues etc???

Not sur ehow ambitious u are either but have u looked at the propper prepping thread to see if there could be any suggestions there to test out in ur 380. Sometimes the littlest thing can cause issues. Sometimes they ar ein house correctable, sometimes not but it is worth a shot to check some of thye suggestions out, as we know it has helped many of owners before. The little 380 is IMO one of the niecst 380 made WHEN THE PERFROM AS DESIGNED, but can be a real PITA when they don't. they are super small, they can be quirky for some. Mine had to go back once and was flawless since then but has since been stolen about a month ago, so I am looking in this area fo a CW380. I cvan tellyou one thing, if and when I find one, I will do the propper prepping of the gun in every detail so athat way when I do hit the range I know then it is nutting iside the gun, or magazine that is the issues..

I realize this forum is the forum t hammer kahrs but some seem to think they ar ethe only flwaed gun out there. I owned 3 keltek 380, sent them back 16 times (Gopds truth)_and I feel I know how to fix things to. Took me that long to get them reliable enough to peddle, and at that time kahr was on my mind in the PMJ9 version to..
We get threds locke dchere every once in ahile due to an nwer who has issues and for some reason thinks buy hammering the dog piss out of kahr on this forum is gonna fix things. IMO is perfectly fine to state ur issue and feel badly about a new gun acting up but ur not gonna get alot of sympthay when u come here with a chip on ur shoulder. Wehave some members here who can hit a chip at 50 yards every time...Just sayin

muggsy
05-13-2014, 11:19 AM
I assume that you have probably cooled down by now. Just sayin.

Let's say earlier in the day before I found my P380 to not go bang. I was at the mall and was confronted by a psychopath wielding a gun or knife intent on killing me. Pretty unlikely, I know, but it does happen. When my P380 doesn't go off then not even 911 is going to help me. I'd say its a pretty adult attitude to want to retain ones life and to trust the gun you use for that purpose. It wasn't like it had one light primer strike and all I had to do was a tap and rack to get it running again. It would not fire at all...aka completely useless.

The gun ran flawlessly from day one. I did have return to battery issues when racking in the first round but Kahr sent me a new recoil spring and that fixed that. Everything was running great until last week.

I detail stripped the slide again last night and hosed the striker channel out really good with Gun Blaster. It looks super clean as far as I can tell. I never run lube in the striker channel so I know that wasn't the issue. Maybe there was a metal shaving or burr that got knocked loose after my last shooting session and jammed things up. Hopefully I will get a chance to try it out again tonight.

I am not opposed to sending it in to Kahr but I am leaving for vacation on Friday and I doubt they would do me any favors rushing to get it back to me by Thursday. Hopefully they will send me the springs I requested and get them here by Thursday. If I can't get it running by then I am going to have to figure out how to fit my G19 into my swimming trunks.;)

I still have to say that I am seriously considering selling/trading it after I get it running. However, I do really like the size, feel, balance, of the P380 so who knows? That click...tap/rack...click...tap/rack...click...etc. really got me thinking about what I use for a EDC weapon. I know that the micro .380 pistols aren't known for their impeccable reliability but i had heard great things about the P380. I was a believer until this ordeal.

I doubt I have an trigger bar issue. I would think that light strikes would have occurred before now if I did. Does Kahr have a lead on the out of spec trigger bars? I have read here and there about that issue. Is there a serial number range that may have that issue? Was there a recall issued?

My friend, that is exactly why I carry a P380 as a back-up to my CM9. The chances of both guns failing at the same time are extremely small. But, just in case I also carry a CRKT M16-03Z knife in my pocket. You could very well have a trigger bar problem. You could also have a dirty striker channel, broken striker spring, or a broken striker. There are a lot of people on this forum who could help you to sort out the problem, but the first thing that you are going to have to adjust is your attitude.

smokersteve
05-13-2014, 12:08 PM
The only attitude problem I see here is mister know it all muggsy

muggsy
05-13-2014, 12:23 PM
The only attitude problem I see here is mister know it all muggsy

I don't know it all, but I do know a lot. My father was a gunsmith who started me into the shooting sports 59 years ago. I've built my own custom sporting rifles and have tinkered with a few guns in my time. I've shot trap skeet and sporting clays and did a little competitive pistol shoot. I'd hazard to guess that I know just a tad more than you.

Irelander
05-13-2014, 12:26 PM
Ok...I think I have stated that I really like this P380...that is why I bought it and shot it and had a lot of fun with it and carried it every day. I have read on several forums about guys having light primer strikes with their P380s but it happened gradually. Mine was all of a sudden the thing just will not fire for anything. I totally expected to see a broken spring or striker or something screwy with the striker safety block. So far everything looks good. So I am trying to figure out why in the world it would all of a sudden quit.

I am not trying to bad mouth Kahr. I hate it when guys do that too. I never said Kahr was a bad company or that this P380 was a piece of junk or any of that type of crap. My attitude is pure. If you can point out something I said that was out of line then please let me know.

I truly want to get this gun running again. If it does get running again and I am happy with it I may keep it but right now that seems unwise to me. We are talking about life and death and that is a serious thing...to me...so forgive me if I get a little riled up when the gun I carry every day has an epic fail without warning. I do not carry a gun because it is cool or to be bad ass or anything like that. I carry a gun to be vigilant in defending myself and my loved ones should the need arise. I do carry my G19 as my main gun when I can but that is not always possible so the P380 gets main duty.

I am not trying to get sympathy. I have contacted Kahr and informed them of my issue and requested some replacement springs to mitigate the problem. So far, I have not received a response. I am trying to figure out what the issue is and see if anyone has any ideas. I should have stated that in my original post.

smokersteve
05-13-2014, 12:31 PM
I don't know it all, but I do know a lot. My father was a gunsmith who started me into the shooting sports 59 years ago. I've built my own custom sporting rifles and have tinkered with a few guns in my time. I've shot trap skeet and sporting clays and did a little competitive pistol shoot. I'd hazard to guess that I know just a tad more than you.

You just made my point

Irelander
05-13-2014, 02:12 PM
Jay at Kahr just got back to me and said the parts I requested should be sent out in the morning.

Good deal!

muggsy
05-13-2014, 02:40 PM
Ok...I think I have stated that I really like this P380...that is why I bought it and shot it and had a lot of fun with it and carried it every day. I have read on several forums about guys having light primer strikes with their P380s but it happened gradually. Mine was all of a sudden the thing just will not fire for anything. I totally expected to see a broken spring or striker or something screwy with the striker safety block. So far everything looks good. So I am trying to figure out why in the world it would all of a sudden quit.

I am not trying to bad mouth Kahr. I hate it when guys do that too. I never said Kahr was a bad company or that this P380 was a piece of junk or any of that type of crap. My attitude is pure. If you can point out something I said that was out of line then please let me know.

I truly want to get this gun running again. If it does get running again and I am happy with it I may keep it but right now that seems unwise to me. We are talking about life and death and that is a serious thing...to me...so forgive me if I get a little riled up when the gun I carry every day has an epic fail without warning. I do not carry a gun because it is cool or to be bad ass or anything like that. I carry a gun to be vigilant in defending myself and my loved ones should the need arise. I do carry my G19 as my main gun when I can but that is not always possible so the P380 gets main duty.

I am not trying to get sympathy. I have contacted Kahr and informed them of my issue and requested some replacement springs to mitigate the problem. So far, I have not received a response. I am trying to figure out what the issue is and see if anyone has any ideas. I should have stated that in my original post.

If the parts that you ordered don't solve the problem then I'd suggest that you return the gun to the mothership. Kahr has some very good gunsmiths working for them and they will make it right. Don't lose faith. No one builds a better pocket pistol than Kahr Arms. If someone did make a better .380 I'd own it. Let us know if you have any further problems after the parts that you requested are replaced.

gun papa
05-13-2014, 02:45 PM
If the parts that you ordered don't solve the problem then I'd suggest that you return the gun to the mothership. Kahr has some very good gunsmiths working for them and they will make it right. Don't lose faith. No one builds a better pocket pistol than Kahr Arms. If someone did make a better .380 I'd own it. Let us know if you have any further problems after the parts that you requested are replaced.

Agreed.

muggsy
05-13-2014, 02:49 PM
You just made my point

Glad you think so.

smokersteve
05-13-2014, 03:02 PM
Muggsy, every forum I've ever been on has that one person who knows everything and has an answer to any problem. You are that person and it's quite annoying.

DKD
05-13-2014, 03:06 PM
Hey MUGGSY, like you and many on this site, I too have had several Kahrs and like them for the same reason. I feel they are great high quality, little pocket guns, but I would also place the Sig Sauer P238 right up there with the P380 as an excellent pocket carry gun, provided of course if you don't mind a 1911 style action. Many are scared off at the thought of carrying cocked and locked...well I'm not one of them.
I guess I am an old dinosaur 1911 fan....some habits are tough to break.:)
Let the fire works begin.

muggsy
05-13-2014, 03:14 PM
Irelander, my P380 was flawless for over a year with about 2000 rounds through it. Then one day I took it to the range and couldn't get through a magazine without incurring two or three jambs. I sent it back to Kahr and they ended up replacing the entire frame. Since then it's back to being flawless. It's my favorite pocket pistol and I wouldn't give it up for love or money. Keep the faith.

muggsy
05-13-2014, 03:53 PM
Muggsy, every forum I've ever been on has that one person who knows everything and has an answer to any problem. You are that person and it's quite annoying.

Steve, I can promise you this. If you ever have a problem with one of your guns, I won't annoy you by posting a solution to the problem. I said straight up that I don't know everything, but I know what I know and what I don't know. The fact that you don't like me doesn't break my heart. I have broad shoulders and understand that I can't please everyone.

muggsy
05-13-2014, 03:59 PM
Hey MUGGSY, like you and many on this site, I too have had several Kahrs and like them for the same reason. I feel they are great high quality, little pocket guns, but I would also place the Sig Sauer P238 right up there with the P380 as an excellent pocket carry gun, provided of course if you don't mind a 1911 style action. Many are scared off at the thought of carrying cocked and locked...well I'm not one of them.
I guess I am an old dinosaur 1911 fan....some habits are tough to break.:)
Let the fire works begin.

I don't have a problem with Sig Sauer. They make a lot of fine guns. I cut my teeth on a 1911 and always carry them cocked and locked. To my knowledge they don't make a striker fired gun, but I wouldn't be adverse to carrying a Sig. If fact a Sig would be my second choice. Sorry, no fireworks here. :)

Whaleman
05-13-2014, 05:40 PM
What is your serial number? I wonder if yours is in the bad batch of frames. After my striker was replaced I still had light strikes. Sent back for the third time and the frame was replaced. Have about 800 rounds since then and total perfection. With the high cost of ammo I seldom shoot more than 50 and then clean. The best advise is to contact Jay and Jay only as he will take care of you. Dan

muggsy
05-13-2014, 08:07 PM
The original serial number of my P380 was RB7XXX. The replacement was RD5XXX. There was no recall. Only the frames that fail are replaced.

100percent
05-13-2014, 09:28 PM
Whaleman, you broke a firing pin on kahr. I thought that kahrs had superior materials. I have had a few (2) eastern european guns do that.
To the OP, lint may have clogged up the firing pin channel. I doubt if anything broke.

I went for years without trusting my Kahr. Finally I've got it running well. Pm40, an unbelievably compact 40. Gotten good at detail stripping my kahr, just a bit more complex than a Glock.

Please report what you find.

Whaleman
05-14-2014, 05:29 AM
Yes, I did. Not broke in half just one side cracked all the way through.

Irelander
05-14-2014, 08:10 AM
I went out last night and shot two mags worth of ammo and every one went off. This was after meticulously cleaning the slide internals. However, I would not characterize it as very dirty in my opinion. I am happy that it is running better now and I will install the new springs as soon as they come in.

muggsy
05-14-2014, 11:53 AM
I went out last night and shot two mags worth of ammo and every one went off. This was after meticulously cleaning the slide internals. However, I would not characterize it as very dirty in my opinion. I am happy that it is running better now and I will install the new springs as soon as they come in.

There is a clean out hole in the slide. If after every trip to the range you spray a little non-chlorinated brake cleaner into the hole it will remove any debris in the striker channel. It dries without leaving any residue. It would seem that your gun was fixed without replacing any parts and with just a little routine maintenance.

In my first post I said that the problem could be due to something that you did or didn't do. Of course, as Smokersteve pointed out, I'm just a know-it-all. It is my sincere hope that you are now more comfortable carrying your Kahr. I'm not the kind of guy to say I told you so, but if I were do you know what I'd say? I told you so. :)

Irelander
05-14-2014, 12:10 PM
Muggsy,

I agree that it was a fairly easy fix. I did state that when I detail stripped the slide after the initial issue arose the striker, striker channel, and striker spring were not at all what I would call dirty. Nothing that I would not expect from an EDC gun. So how much debris in the striker channel will cause a failure to fire like I experienced? Bothers me that little of debris totally stopped this gun. Doesn't give me that warm fuzzy feeling. You can be sure that I will hose out the striker channel regularly now. Hopefully I don't start WWIII by saying this...but I have many other guns that do not show any signs of hiccups until they are majorly dirty, however, none of them are this small and easy to conceal. Now that I now what it takes to keep this P380 running I will be more vigilant.

smokersteve
05-14-2014, 01:46 PM
Glad you figured it out. Hopefully that was it.
I keep my Kahrs super clean. You have to if you want a smooth running gun. They just aren't made quite as well as S&W and Glock.

jocko
05-14-2014, 01:48 PM
I don't have a problem with Sig Sauer. They make a lot of fine guns. I cut my teeth on a 1911 and always carry them cocked and locked. To my knowledge they don't make a striker fired gun, but I wouldn't be adverse to carrying a Sig. If fact a Sig would be my second choice. Sorry, no fireworks here. :)

muggsy, ur supposed to thoot the fokkers nout try to eat the damn guns. How do u explain that to ur dentist??? No wonder no one believes in any of ur fixes. Just sayin...:86::86:

jocko
05-14-2014, 01:54 PM
Muggsy,

I agree that it was a fairly easy fix. I did state that when I detail stripped the slide after the initial issue arose the striker, striker channel, and striker spring were not at all what I would call dirty. Nothing that I would not expect from an EDC gun. So how much debris in the striker channel will cause a failure to fire like I experienced? Bothers me that little of debris totally stopped this gun. Doesn't give me that warm fuzzy feeling. You can be sure that I will hose out the striker channel regularly now. Hopefully I don't start WWIII by saying this...but I have many other guns that do not show any signs of hiccups until they are majorly dirty, however, none of them are this small and easy to conceal. Now that I now what it takes to keep this P380 running I will be more vigilant.

never know what cvan cause an issue. Could be even that your taking the striker channel apart andcleaning it fixe dthe issue and maybe what ever caused it is gone. doesnt really mean alot of crapola has to flow out, although we have seen this before. Accept it as fixed,and move on. IMO maybe these little 380 as smallas they are just might need more TLC than the normal big gun, Just sayin. Again they are for most part a defense gun andnot really a range gun that your gonna put 500 rounds a week through it, and if so, IMO be prepared to domore maintenance than the bigger guns require.
Properly prepping any gun, especialy these small ass gun should be a for-certainty. eliminate all the possable before it happens, so if then it happens u know that #1 the striker channel was perfect, #2, the magazine was put together correctly, #3 u have lubed the gun properly, #4 ur shooting good ammo. Then if issue arise, try to trouble-shoot it and if all else fails a call or email to kahr and let them fix what they made. If one claims to loose faith in thegun, IMO one should peddle it as soon as it comes back form the factory. Don't live with a looser.I did that with my first wife..:amflag:

muggsy
05-14-2014, 02:46 PM
I keep my Kahrs super clean. You have to if you want a smooth running gun. They just aren't made quite as well as S&W and Glock.

Keep talking smokersteve. I find you rather amusing. Kahr pistols aren't as well made as a glock or S&W. That's a hoot. Looks like a piece of crap to me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYRHpolEC_Y&playnext=1&list=PL9C885DAED1AA2EC2&feature=results_main

muggsy
05-14-2014, 02:52 PM
Muggsy,

Any debris in the hole in the slide that the striker passes through can cause a problem and that can occur in any striker fired gun. I believe that yours was a freak occurrence. If you use the non-chlorinated break cleaner and clean your gun after every use you shouldn't have a problem. I have full confidence in the Kahr pistols that I carry. Many of us on this forum do. With a little TLC you'll have confidence in yours, too. Welcome aboard.

muggsy
05-14-2014, 02:54 PM
never know what cvan cause an issue. Could be even that your taking the striker channel apart andcleaning it fixe dthe issue and maybe what ever caused it is gone. doesnt really mean alot of crapola has to flow out, although we have seen this before. Accept it as fixed,and move on. IMO maybe these little 380 as smallas they are just might need more TLC than the normal big gun, Just sayin. Again they are for most part a defense gun andnot really a range gun that your gonna put 500 rounds a week through it, and if so, IMO be prepared to domore maintenance than the bigger guns require.
Properly prepping any gun, especialy these small ass gun should be a for-certainty. eliminate all the possable before it happens, so if then it happens u know that #1 the striker channel was perfect, #2, the magazine was put together correctly, #3 u have lubed the gun properly, #4 ur shooting good ammo. Then if issue arise, try to trouble-shoot it and if all else fails a call or email to kahr and let them fix what they made. If one claims to loose faith in thegun, IMO one should peddle it as soon as it comes back form the factory. Don't live with a looser.I did that with my first wife..:amflag:

How your first wife stayed with you as long as she did is a complete mystery to me, Jocko. You second wife must have the patience of a saint, you old fart. :)

smokersteve
05-14-2014, 03:15 PM
Keep talking smokersteve. I find you rather amusing. Kahr pistols aren't as well made as a glock or S&W. That's a hoot. Looks like a piece of crap to me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYRHpolEC_Y&playnext=1&list=PL9C885DAED1AA2EC2&feature=results_main

The end of that video must have been cut off. You know the part that says you need to meticulously clean the gun frequently or you will have issues with this finely designed firearm.

Hey, try shooting 1000 rounds from your Kahr without cleaning it :)
I can do it with any S&W or Glock I've ever owned.

muggsy
05-14-2014, 03:38 PM
The end of that video must have been cut off. You know the part that says you need to meticulously clean the gun frequently or you will have issues with this finely designed firearm.

You'll find the information on cleaning you Kahr in the owners manual. The fact that a gun will run a thousand rounds without cleaning doesn't mean that it built better. It means that it's build with greater tolerances. Loose like a 1911. When was the last time that you had to fire a thousand rounds in a gun fight? Go back to Glock Talk.

smokersteve
05-14-2014, 04:02 PM
Go back to Glock Talk.
Glock Talk...not familiar with that...maybe someone who knows everything can fill me in about it.

Irelander
05-14-2014, 04:07 PM
I'd say that's enough bantering between you two. Let's act like mature adults and not be the guy that has to have the last word. This thread is not about which of you two have the biggest balls...so take that attitude to another thread.

DavidS
05-14-2014, 04:08 PM

Whether you HAVE TO follow the manufacturer's recommendations or not should not be a point of argument. Glock and Kahr both have the same cleaning recommendations. I expect you do not sell many guns, at least to anyone who reads your philosophy on gun care.

From PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE OF THE GLOCK SEMI-AUTOMATIC “SAFE ACTION” PISTOL
FREQUENCY OF SERVICING
Your GLOCK pistol should be field stripped, cleaned and lubricated as follows:
1. When brand new, before the first time it is fired, plus
2. At least once a month, plus
3. After each time it is fired, plus
4. As required. This will be determined by the pistol’s exposure………

From Kahr Arms OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS
CLEANING AND LUBRICATION
Before the initial shooting of the new KAHR Pistol, the pistol should be disassembled following the instruction in the manual and cleaned with a commercial gun cleaning solvent.
After each shooting session, the cleaning process should be repeated to remove firing residue from the inside and outside of the Barrel, Slide, Frame and Magazine.
Once cleaned, all parts should be lightly lubricated with a commercial gun lubricant. Follow solvent and lubricant manufacturer’s instructions.
The handgun should be kept clean and properly lubricated at all times. Lubricants can evaporate over time. Therefore, lightly lubricate the handgun once a month whether or not it has been fired.

100percent
05-14-2014, 04:08 PM
Sure pays to keep any weapon clean to insure reliability and long life.

If anything the Kahrs are a tad too tight, helps in the accuracy department. Never shot a SW semi auto but my Glocks have a more generous chamber which is probably a good thing to insure reliability at the expense of some accuracy.

I don't think that having a bit tighter tolerances implies less quality.

smokersteve
05-14-2014, 04:11 PM
I'd say that's enough bantering between you two. Let's act like mature adults and not be the guy that has to have the last word. This thread is not about which of you two have the biggest balls...so take that attitude to another thread.

Got it. Sorry man.
Steve