PDA

View Full Version : CW sight change

8th SPS USAF
05-22-2014, 05:12 AM
Can you change the sights on a CW ? Is it like a Glk , pinned in, replaced with a bolt from the bottom? Thank you Might get one and wanted to know.

BEARDOG
05-22-2014, 06:45 AM
Yes, The front sights just snap right off...The Trijicon night sight from Kahr goes on using a a screw from the bottom. That's what I have on mine.

Dawson makes theirs to be staked on and supplies the tool to do it.

XS also makes replacement sights for the C series Kahrs, Not exactly sure what method they use to attach.

sharpetop
05-26-2014, 07:56 PM
It takes less than five minutes to replace the CW front sight. I did put a drop of Blue Locktite on the screw. IMHO, there's not really a need for rear night sights.

smo79
05-28-2014, 06:00 PM
I installed the trijicon on my cw9 and they were fairly easy to do. The rear sight was a tad on the tight side but I got it on with the sight pusher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stoshmo
05-28-2014, 06:52 PM
Its the same with the cm series took less the 5 min to replace my front sight with the trijicon love the rear so have no desire to change it i just change tye sights on my ruger sr and it went very smooth thanks to youtube i sweat im ten times smarter thanks to youtube

gun papa
05-28-2014, 11:18 PM
Web sight for the Trijicon.

muggsy
05-29-2014, 09:48 AM
Its the same with the cm series took less the 5 min to replace my front sight with the trijicon love the rear so have no desire to change it i just change tye sights on my ruger sr and it went very smooth thanks to youtube i sweat im ten times smarter thanks to youtube

Stoshmo, are you another graduate of Jocko's fine school of typing? It is an art form ya know. Just kidding. :)

gun papa
05-31-2014, 03:04 PM
Is there just a trijicon front sight only that I can buy for the cw380?

gb6491
05-31-2014, 05:16 PM
Is there just a trijicon front sight only that I can buy for the cw380?
Kahr only lists the Trijicons as a set for the CW380:
http://www.kahr.com/Sights/Kahr-CW380-Night-Sight-Kit.asp
You might give them a call to see if they'll sell the front separately.

Dawson Precision does list a tritium front sight for the CW380 (out of stock at the moment, ship in 2 to 3 weeks):
http://www.dawsonprecision.com/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=SIGHTS+FRONT%3AKahr+Fr ont+Sights:Kahr+CW380+Front+Sights

Regards,
Greg

nkbay99
06-05-2014, 09:41 PM
Hi - I'm a newbie with a Kahr CW9. What is the latest on finding a night sight for only the front sight. I see that Kahr only offers the set. I'm happy with the rear sight (I don';t need the pain of trying to replace it).
If the front sight only is available, what brand/model and where to buy??

Help guys

tv_racin_fan
06-06-2014, 12:12 AM
GB posted the link for Dawson Precision. They offer sets and fronts only.