PDA

View Full Version : Slide plate

cohoskip
06-09-2014, 03:31 PM
Yesterday I attempted to remove the rear plate off the slide on my MK9.
I tried to follow the visual instructions that have been posted here, but to no avail. That thing is on there super tight. I guess it will have to stay on there...:( How do you guys manage it's removal?

Bawanna
06-09-2014, 03:53 PM
The first time I removed mine I found that I wasn't pushing the little pin in far enough on the right side there. It's deceiving. The outer hole is slightly larger, then there's like a half moon smaller hole just inside. I pushed for all I was worth but did nothing.
Used a smaller pin and I felt it go in a bit and we were golden.

The first time you might also have to persuade it a tad with a tiny screwdriver to kind of pry it downwards. After the first time it seems to come off much easier.

Be sure to use the bent coat hanger too, made famous by one of our members here who once again I've forgotten. I keep saying I'm gonna have it tatooed on my arm so I won't forget.

Maybe Ripley? I think Ripley. Maybe I'll cancel my ahlzeimers test next week or the week after, can't remember when it is.

cohoskip
06-10-2014, 01:04 PM
Yep, I made myself that special coat hanger "tool". That part works fine. I'll try again...

gb6491
06-11-2014, 05:33 AM
The first time I removed mine I found that I wasn't pushing the little pin in far enough on the right side there. It's deceiving. The outer hole is slightly larger, then there's like a half moon smaller hole just inside. I pushed for all I was worth but did nothing.
Used a smaller pin and I felt it go in a bit and we were golden.
To further expound upon Bawanna's excellent advice:
http://i58.tinypic.com/2m2gg8n.jpg
Regards,
Greg

thomjb
06-11-2014, 09:07 AM
Picture really helped, thanks much

Bawanna
06-11-2014, 09:10 AM
Excellent picture Greg. That was worth all my silly words and at least a 1000 more. Your good!