PDA

View Full Version : Have an MK9 Again

thomjb
06-12-2014, 04:01 PM
Had an MK9 some years ago and traded it off. I know really stupid:)
Purchased an all black PM9 a few years ago, but really missed that solid stainless MK9.
Picked up my NIB MK9 yesterday, cleaned and lubed and can't wait to shoot her Friday or Saturday!

I really wanted a nice set of wood checkered grips, but looks like those are not available:(.

Thanks all for a great Forum!

b4uqzme
06-12-2014, 04:44 PM
yeah...that grip thing is a surprise. Good luck anyways. Just an idea that someone (I believe JohnR) tried once: get a couple of the soft K9 grips which are still available on Kahr.com and cut them down. Not quite as thick or pretty as the wood ones but REAL nice to hold on to. I got an old set around here that I intend to modify if the grass ever stops growing. I guess you could try cutting down a set of the wood K9 grips too but then you are messing around with a decent chunk of money.

Great purchase --- IMHO the best of all Kahrs.

jocko
06-12-2014, 05:18 PM
yeah...that grip thing is a surprise. Good luck anyways. Just an idea that someone (I believe JohnR) tried once: get a couple of the soft K9 grips which are still available on Kahr.com and cut them down. Not quite as thick or pretty as the wood ones but REAL nice to hold on to. I got an old set around here that I intend to modify if the grass ever stops growing. I guess you could try cutting down a set of the wood K9 grips too but then you are messing around with a decent chunk of money.

those what u call soft grips for the K9 on the kahr site their lateest version which feel soft but really are not the rubber ones that Hogue used to supply to kahr for the K9. Pretty sure ur not referring to those grips as the Hogue rubber grips. they have been gone for some time. U findum on the used erarly K9's. super grips IMO. great feel, thin. Just sayin:Amflag2:

b4uqzme
06-12-2014, 05:24 PM
bummer --- I did think those on the site were the rubber Hogues...thanks for the correction. I don't want to steer anybody wrong.

JohnR
06-12-2014, 06:50 PM
It was me. I thought my K9 was about 12 years old, but the grips are identical to what I recently bought from Kahr. Not very rubbery, more like Otterbox material.

berettabone
06-13-2014, 07:16 AM
Best of the Kahr's IMHO........................this grip thing is getting ridiculous. They really should take care of this grip issue..............I mean, how much could it cost them?

cohoskip
06-13-2014, 08:22 AM
Kahr has checkered wood grips for the MK9. I got a set for mine recently.
Check their website...

Well, I tried to find them, but now they are only listing the smooth ones.
I dunno...;:confused:

thomjb
06-13-2014, 02:53 PM
I just went to their website again, no grips of any kind for the MK9, at least that I could find and order.
Wish there were some..

Bawanna
06-13-2014, 03:49 PM
If you can find smooth, I know a guy who knows a guy who can take care of that. I just did a set for a K9. Slimmed em down considerable and checkered them.

Smooth isn't a problem.

O'Dell
06-13-2014, 05:13 PM

I agree. My MK40 is certainly my favorite Kahr. Now an MK45.....sigh!

addictedhealer
06-13-2014, 06:33 PM
Probably not my next pistol but soon after I want MK9 elite03. I love them, want one bad. I really want a GP100 or a M&P R8. So hard to decide!! I'd like to have a Mk9 completely done up, front strap cut with likes the whole works.

b4uqzme
06-13-2014, 08:01 PM
If you can find smooth, I know a guy who knows a guy who can take care of that. I just did a set for a K9. Slimmed em down considerable and checkered them.

Smooth isn't a problem.

That would be the preferred way to go....

ffemt
06-15-2014, 08:13 PM
Call it luck but I put up a WTB ad on ar15.com a few weeks ago and within a week had someone offer me NIB checkered wood MK9 grips for $45 shipped.

cohoskip
06-28-2014, 02:28 PM
Try this: http://www.kahr.com/Grips/Grips.asp

thomjb
06-29-2014, 07:57 AM
Thanks all very much!

Eyelawdoc
07-07-2014, 10:48 AM
Check the Kahr website again. Looks like the smooth and checkered wood grips for the MK9 are back in stock. I ordered a set of the checkered ones yesterday.