View Full Version : Old member new gun!

Michael W.
06-21-2014, 06:07 PM
Hi all,

It's been quite a few years since I was last active here on Kahrtalk.

I just picked up a CW380, my first new Kahr in quite a long time!

I had a P380 some time ago but wound up trading it. I've always regretted
that decision, so when I saw a CW380 on sale for $299 I couldn't resist and jumped on it.

I have a PM9 DLC which is my EDC and my wife has a CM9 with a Crimson Trace
as her EDC. Both of those guns have been flawless out of the box for me.
I've also had roll through the stable over the years, a PM45, CW40 and P380.

I took the CW380 out for a spin today after a thorough clean and prep and was rewarded with FTRB's in each mag for just about the whole first box of 50 I ran through it.

It was a little disconcerting to say the least. I tried both Magtech ball and Aguila ball. I squirted a bit of Remoil onto the ramp from the ejection port and it smoothed out considerably. The second box ran with much less problems and
by the time I got to the 3rd box it was running like a champ.

Interestingly, I also ran a box of Critical Defense, my intended carry ammo and it ran without a single hitch.

So I suspect the issue is that blasted extra bit of metal on the slide stop interfering with the feeding of the larger ogive of the ball ammo.
I had the same problem on my PM45 when I had it.

I did a little judicial sanding of the said protrusion after I got it home and
I'm fairly certain that it will be a non-issue on my next range trip.

I had forgotten how NICE shooting a 380 can be!

I've been carrying a Ruger LCP as my "around the house in gym shorts" gun for the last couple of years and that thing is just brutal at the range. The CW380 is as sweet as can be. I could have easily put a few hundred more rounds down range if I had the ammo today.

Really looking forward to finishing up the break in with another hundred rounds
or so and putting it into the rotation.

Wow, tiny gun, but REAL sights, superb trigger, it's a Kahr all the way!

M-

muggsy
06-21-2014, 08:50 PM
Hey, don't be such a stranger. I carry a P380 as a back-up to my CM9. I have to agree that the .380 is a lot of fun to shoot. I can't always carry my CM9, but where I go baby goes. I won't leave home without it.

Bill K
06-22-2014, 06:11 AM
Nice report. Welcome back.