PDA

View Full Version : PM9 Range Report #2

border bandit32
09-20-2009, 01:36 PM
Took the PM9 out this morning...ran 100 rounds of Monarch 115 FMJ with no problems!

So far I have shot Winchester White Box FMJ, Federal Eagle FMJ, Monarch FMJ, Federal Hydra Shock JHP, 124 gr. +p Gold Dots all functioned flawlessly!!

I have about 330 rounds thru the gun without a failure of anykind! All these rounds were shot by 3 different shooters
2-male/1-female

I let a friend of mine fire the first two mags thru the PM9......after he shot the PM9 he turned and smiled and said "I want one"!!!

Damn I love this little gun!!!!:)

Dietrich
09-20-2009, 01:46 PM
You`re preaching to the choir. my man.

border bandit32
09-20-2009, 04:51 PM
You`re preaching to the choir. my man.

Sorry dude....but damn this preachin' is fun!!!

Kahrdog
09-20-2009, 05:59 PM
This is all very encouraging. I have range time scheduled for Friday. I plan to break in my pocket rocket then. I'm hoping to have the same luck. I'll be joining the choir.

border bandit32
09-20-2009, 06:23 PM
This is all very encouraging. I have range time scheduled for Friday. I plan to break in my pocket rocket then. I'm hoping to have the same luck. I'll be joining the choir.

Dont' sweat it the PM9 will be fine!!

kpm9
09-20-2009, 06:56 PM
The best kept secret in concealable 9's.

Enjoy!

border bandit32
09-21-2009, 09:29 AM
The best kept secret in concealable 9's.

Enjoy!

I agree 100%!

Cappy
09-21-2009, 09:06 PM
Took the PM9 out this morning...ran 100 rounds of Monarch 115 FMJ with no problems!

So far I have shot Winchester White Box FMJ, Federal Eagle FMJ, Monarch FMJ, Federal Hydra Shock JHP, 124 gr. +p Gold Dots all functioned flawlessly!!

I have about 330 rounds thru the gun without a failure of anykind! All these rounds were shot by 3 different shooters
2-male/1-female

I let a friend of mine fire the first two mags thru the PM9......after he shot the PM9 he turned and smiled and said "I want one"!!!

Damn I love this little gun!!!!:)

That is awesome news. If you look at the Gun Directory there are a small number of people there that make the PM series of Kahr sound like junk. I know better and have had great performance like you! :D

jocko
09-22-2009, 12:13 PM
alot of new owners just seem so suprised to see that their kahr is perfect out of the box and shoots all ammo well. You have been listening to the wrong people . Kahrs have been excellent out of the box for the past 2+ years.

Sure a lemon will float to the top every once in awhile and then that gun and its faults and everything comes out of the posters fingers is posted on every gun forum for months on end and then repeated time and time again.
Seems one bad gun gets 20sx the exposure on gun forums than one Positive report. Check it out for yourself.

Unless someone screws this forum up, this is the best kahr fourm I have ever been one (so far). sure we are seeing some little issues, but when one has an issue if he comes here in a positive manner, most of the time it can be cured without sending it back and if it has to go back some helpful hints are also given. Sometimes issues are such that the gun has to go back, some though are curable in house. (Most I have found in the past)

border bandit32
09-22-2009, 02:38 PM
That is awesome news. If you look at the Gun Directory there are a small number of people there that make the PM series of Kahr sound like junk. I know better and have had great performance like you! :D

I know!!! it almost scared me away from buying the PM9.....especially since thay are not cheap...but I couldn't be happier with mine!!

Guess you can't believe everything you read on the internet huh??:confused:

Cappy
09-23-2009, 08:40 PM
I know!!! it almost scared me away from buying the PM9.....especially since thay are not cheap...but I couldn't be happier with mine!!

You are very right about that! Did you see the latest Gun Test report on Kahr PM 40, VERY GOOD!!!! They tested the Springfield EMP, Walther PPS and Kahr PM. The Kahr was noted as the smallest, and surprised them on giving 2" patterns. It was listed as the slowest to fire due to the long trigger pull, but they were very pleased with the lack of kick and the nice balance. They gave it an A- as a score, which is awesome!! :D

border bandit32
09-24-2009, 12:43 PM
You are very right about that! Did you see the latest Gun Test report on Kahr PM 40, VERY GOOD!!!! They tested the Springfield EMP, Walther PPS and Kahr PM. The Kahr was noted as the smallest, and surprised them on giving 2" patterns. It was listed as the slowest to fire due to the long trigger pull, but they were very pleased with the lack of kick and the nice balance. They gave it an A- as a score, which is awesome!! :D

Yes Sir, I subscribe to that publication..... it is one of the few NO B.S. gun review magazines out there.... very straight forward and if a gun fails they give it an F!!

Did you see the review of the PM9?? They loved it too!
that article was one of the things that gave me confidence to purchased the PM9
and I am glad I did!!!!:D:D

jocko
09-24-2009, 01:30 PM

have the gun test done on the PM9 vs rorhbaugh R9 did back in August of 2004. There was no contest between these two guns. the PM9 shined in every category. It was a good and fair test IMO. the R9 was then and is till yet today a very ammo sensitive gun. they never had one issue withthe M9 with all kinds of ammo and accuracy was amazing from the PM9 compared to the R9.

Cappy
09-24-2009, 07:31 PM
Yes Sir, I subscribe to that publication..... it is one of the few NO B.S. gun review magazines out there.... very straight forward and if a gun fails they give it an F!!

Did you see the review of the PM9?? They loved it too!
that article was one of the things that gave me confidence to purchased the PM9
and I am glad I did!!!!:D:D

I don't remember the test on the PM9, but I did let my subscription laps for a couple months by accident. I may have missed it! However, I am thrilled to hear that they felt the same way about the PM9. Thanks much!!! :)

Cappy
09-24-2009, 07:42 PM
have the gun test done on the PM9 vs rorhbaugh R9 did back in August of 2004. There was no contest between these two guns. the PM9 shined in every category. It was a good and fair test IMO. the R9 was then and is till yet today a very ammo sensitive gun. they never had one issue withthe M9 with all kinds of ammo and accuracy was amazing from the PM9 compared to the R9.

I have to say I didn't subscribe to Gun Tests in 2004. It is a great no bias gun review rag. I know they are also good to even change their opinions upon additional reviews where they the first round was an isolated issue. It is good to just add to all the other review info put out there. I know they help me make opinions on what I will look for next. :o

the perfesser
09-24-2009, 09:21 PM
Something that jocko wrote a few posts back about his hopes for this forum got me thinking that it is important to set the right tone at the very beginning. There is no need to characterize either the posters who have severe problems with their PM9s or those who don't. The first aren't necessarily whiners and the latter aren't necessarily gloating company toadies. The important thing is to respect each other, desist from name-calling, sarcasm, and belittling observations regarding each other's knowledge, experience, or number of posts.

My moniker is true to life. As a college instructor I have learned how to tell my students that they are wrong in a clinical, non-confrontational manner. We can do the same to each other here.

And even though Kahr hosts this site, it is also important that we don't merely become the company's amen corner.

Anyway, if we get this right, we might all decide to stay a while! :D

jocko
09-25-2009, 06:17 AM
so far this is the best forum I have been on, maybe to smooth but those "other" things willcome n time. just the natur eon the beast. I really don't think anyone here myself included is bowing to kahr either. they make some crappy guns sometime to. Don't know any gun company that doesn't either. Kahr is a company of probably under 100 employees. They ain't ruger, they make for their size a lot of different models and they all seem to be well accepted by the shooting industry as top quality guns to

It is not uncommon for a owner of a bid gun be it kahrm, smith, ruger, glock to come on a forum and hammer them in a not so positive fashion, again the nature of the beast and also not all people react the same way.

it is totally right to be able to agree to disagree. One reason this forum will do wellis tha tit is kahr related, so if you not a kahr owner you really won't stay on this site either.

but that being said there are "trolls" that just love to stir the pot to because that is what they are to. they really serve no purpose other than to stir.

smoke um if u got um!

Cappy
09-25-2009, 06:32 PM
so far this is the best forum I have been on, maybe to smooth but those "other" things willcome n time. just the natur eon the beast. I really don't think anyone here myself included is bowing to kahr either. they make some crappy guns sometime to. Don't know any gun company that doesn't either. Kahr is a company of probably under 100 employees. They ain't ruger, they make for their size a lot of different models and they all seem to be well accepted by the shooting industry as top quality guns to

It is not uncommon for a owner of a bid gun be it kahrm, smith, ruger, glock to come on a forum and hammer them in a not so positive fashion, again the nature of the beast and also not all people react the same way.

it is totally right to be able to agree to disagree. One reason this forum will do wellis tha tit is kahr related, so if you not a kahr owner you really won't stay on this site either.

but that being said there are "trolls" that just love to stir the pot to because that is what they are to. they really serve no purpose other than to stir.

smoke um if u got um!

AMEN!!! :cool:

packinaglock
10-04-2009, 01:11 PM

Same here, I hesitated also for a while but after about 4 weeks and 200 flawless rounds later. I'm in love. :D

Pirate
10-04-2009, 08:13 PM
My PM 9 has been flawless also. Its the best pocket sized semiauto CCW handgun on the market IMO.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/jimcope/Kahr%20PM%209/IMG_0088-1-1-1.jpg

Cappy
10-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Sorry dude....but damn this preachin' is fun!!!

I like to hear when others have success with their Kahrs too. It helps me affirm I have a great gun too!!! ;)