PDA

View Full Version : Finally got to shoot it! Part 2

Chief Joseph
09-20-2009, 09:49 PM
Went back out today, mostly to shoot my inherited Colt Pre-Woodsman .22, manufactured around 1916. But couldn't resist putting a few rounds through my PM9 also. This time I shot Winchester Ranger-T 124gr +p that I got at the gun show, and some Wolf FMJ. The ranger's shot flawlessly with quite a kick to them. The wolf didn't work so well. Every Wolf failed to load on the first round of the magazines. Every one. I'll be avoiding the Wolf from now on, fortunately I only had one box of them.

jocko
09-21-2009, 10:50 AM
to see if the wolffs works any better. Load ur magazine one round shy and see if it feeds OK.. If so just go that route until that box gone and then stay away wolffs ammo.

give us some feed back on this if u do it. thanks

deadhead1971
09-21-2009, 12:45 PM
Wolf is "dirty" ammo.

ltxi
09-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Wolf is "dirty" ammo.

....and steel case has been reported to be hard on Kahr extractors. I'd avoid it, too, if for no other reason than Kahr warns against it (steel case) and I wouldn't want it to become a warranty issue.

arizona98tj
09-21-2009, 08:42 PM
Just curious.....does the PM9's extractor normally snap over the case head while loading or does the round slide up from below and into position in the slide (without the need for the extractor to snap over the case head)?

Cappy
09-21-2009, 08:51 PM
Don't use Wolf, requires more cleaning time and less time for shooting!!