PDA

View Full Version : CW45 extractor parts question

newkahrsmell
10-25-2014, 05:19 PM
Hi everyone.
I have had issues for a while with a cw45 purchased new. I decided to pull it out of retirement and go through it once more.
I am wondering if anyone has detail stripped their slide and viewed some of the parts with a magnifier?
My extractor appears to have a small blind hole, but a light test indicates the hole might not be designed to be blind.
I can see a small amount of light coming through what appears to be the backside of the hole. Normal? Missed in manufacturing?
Also, the back extractor pin appears to have been ground on one end, as if it did not fit. Again, opinions on this being normal or poor QC?
Thanks

yqtszhj
10-25-2014, 06:04 PM
I've had mine down all the way and dont recall seeing anything like a hole that I remember. How long have you had yours and what issues are you having?

CJB
10-25-2014, 07:26 PM
I doubt poor QC on the rear pin, or the blind hole for that matter.

I don't know if the hole is supposed to be blind or not, but in all likelyhood its part of the "self cleaning" scheme of things.

As the Col. asked, how about filling the forum in on what the issue is, and some smart folks will be around in jig time to lead you astray, or give you advice, as the case may be.

wyntrout
10-26-2014, 01:11 AM
Here are some pictures of 9mm, .40, and .45 extractors that I took of spare parts for comparisons a few years ago.