PDA

View Full Version : CT9 question

golfrj
10-31-2014, 12:26 PM
Hey Gang, let me start by saying "I Did run a Search" (got 1 answer).. Now my problem is that I have long fingers that don't seem to match up with Kahrs length of trigger pull (My finger is bent at a bad angle when the trigger breaks if I use the first pad on my finger).. I am talking about using a CW9 here, can anyone tell me if the length of pull is different on this larger CT9? I really want to like these Kahr guns but don't seem to shoot them well.. If someone who has both could measure from the trigger break to the rear of the grip I would appreciate it ( I live in Ca and am unable to find this CT9 in a gun shop to test myself)..

Thanks in Advance for your Opinions..

b4uqzme
10-31-2014, 01:53 PM
The differences between models is about the barrel/slide length and the grip length. So the length of pull should be the same for all. You may want to try a grip sleeve like a Hogue Handall. And I read somewheres about a guy who built up underneath the sleeve with some hard rubber. Also consider using the first knuckle joint vs. the pad. Kahrs like to be shot like revolvers (worked for me).

marcinstl
10-31-2014, 06:51 PM
are you a new shooter? when I started my (old, slightly arthritic) hands didn't like small guns. K or L frame S&W revolver was fine, so was any of the duty sized pistols. when I got a CW9 I was thinking about building some sort of add-on backstrap to increase the distance from trigger to back of the grip. I kept on shooting while I was thinking about this . one day I noticed I wasn't having the problems and the CW9 felt OK, now a CM9 with a 7 round mag feels good. (I can even shoot a tiny Kel-Tec P32). hands just need time and practice to get with the program. trigger finger gets smarter too. go over to youtube and search for Hickok45, then watch his video on grip and watch him shoot stuff like a Kahr .380. Hickok45 is about 6'8" and can palm a basketball, claims he likes the tiny guns.

yqtszhj
11-01-2014, 05:54 AM
I have large hands also and have the same issue. Forget the "correct" way to pull the trigger. Put your finger all the way through. Use the first joint of your finger or if your hands are large as mine you can use thd second pad of your index finger. I can shoot my kahrs better than most of my other guns using this method. The kahrs are compact and that method works well for the small framed guns in big hands.

golfrj
11-04-2014, 01:18 PM
I have large hands also and have the same issue. Forget the "correct" way to pull the trigger. Put your finger all the way through. Use the first joint of your finger or if your hands are large as mine you can use thd second pad of your index finger. I can shoot my kahrs better than most of my other guns using this method. The kahrs are compact and that method works well for the small framed guns in big hands.

Yeah, seems like that is what I will have to learn to do.. Hate to do it on Kahrs and something different on other brands.. The metal framed guns built to the same specs? Thanks again for your comments..

b4uqzme
11-04-2014, 02:36 PM
... The metal framed guns built to the same specs? Thanks again for your comments..

Yes but you can swap out the grip panels for the Hogue wood ones that are significantly thicker and fill out the grip.