PDA

View Full Version : CW9 Just won't Quit, Unless you put 380's in it

ulflyer
03-16-2015, 06:02 AM
Had a guy over yesterday to introduce him to handguns. In the process of shooting nearly 4 boxes of my low power reloads, at one point it went "click" and didn't fire. He ejected the shell and the next one did the same. When I picked them up I could see a tiny dent in the primer but the bullet didn't fire. Then I noticed they were both 380's!

Somehow, in my loading process on the Dillon 550 I had run the two cases completely thru without any problem! Since they were low power loads I then fired them in the CW380.

After that the 9mm performed flawlessly except when he limp wristed it and it failed to lock back or sometimes failed to fully eject the case. Although I have fired many boxes of my low power reloads with zero problems, it did point to the need to step up the powder load slightly for overall better function.

I routinely clean the barrel but have only done a thorough cleaning of the rest of it one time. No telling how many boxes of ammo have been put thru it. I want to see how long it takes to malfunction. I broke it down afterwards and it was still well lubed in the right places.
Guess I'm doing something right! ;)

Toward the end of the session, I told him to let it rip, and he fired as fast as he could pull the trigger; even got a couple shots on the paper, and I got a king size grin from him.:D He did a second mag with much enthusiasm.

He liked the CW380 a lot but didn't get to shoot it as much for lack of ammo. I don't reload for it so he only fired two or three mags.

muggsy
03-16-2015, 08:00 AM
Always carefully inspect each case before reloading. It saves a lot of embarrassment at the range.

leftysixty
03-16-2015, 12:28 PM
Had a guy over yesterday to introduce him to handguns. In the process of shooting nearly 4 boxes of my low power reloads, at one point it went "click" and didn't fire. He ejected the shell and the next one did the same. When I picked them up I could see a tiny dent in the primer but the bullet didn't fire. Then I noticed they were both 380's!

Somehow, in my loading process on the Dillon 550 I had run the two cases completely thru without any problem! Since they were low power loads I then fired them in the CW380.

After that the 9mm performed flawlessly except when he limp wristed it and it failed to lock back or sometimes failed to fully eject the case. Although I have fired many boxes of my low power reloads with zero problems, it did point to the need to step up the powder load slightly for overall better function.

I routinely clean the barrel but have only done a thorough cleaning of the rest of it one time. No telling how many boxes of ammo have been put thru it. I want to see how long it takes to malfunction. I broke it down afterwards and it was still well lubed in the right places.
Guess I'm doing something right! ;)

Toward the end of the session, I told him to let it rip, and he fired as fast as he could pull the trigger; even got a couple shots on the paper, and I got a king size grin from him.:D He did a second mag with much enthusiasm.

He liked the CW380 a lot but didn't get to shoot it as much for lack of ammo. I don't reload for it so he only fired two or three mags.

It would appear that you in fact do/can reload .380. Just say'n! :biggrin1: