PDA

View Full Version : Wife New 1911

siam
10-19-2015, 12:53 PM
Yes it is not a Kahr but what she wanted.
Browning 1911-380 with High Figure Grips in Birds Eye Maple.
She has not fired it yet but will do later this week.
Also ordered an OWB Mernickle Custom Holster.

MIke

berettabone
10-19-2015, 02:11 PM
Nice............maybe a bump to .45 in the future??????????????????:p

GA_Sheepdog
10-19-2015, 03:03 PM
That's a .380? Regardless, its a sweet looking 1911. I bet that'll be a nice, soft, shooter for sure.

CharlieR
10-19-2015, 03:57 PM
My brother bought one of those.....his favorite pistol. Very light shooter, and quite accurate. My old eyes had problems with the sights, but he has put some kind of "glow" strips on them like a glock, and I/he can see them better now.

siam
10-19-2015, 04:31 PM
CharlieR if you could find out what he did I would appreciate it. I can see the problem with front sight being hard to find.
Mike

yqtszhj
10-19-2015, 05:19 PM
Those grips are very nice.

Bawanna
10-19-2015, 05:52 PM
Looks more tiger maple or spalted maple than birdseye but it varies a lot and I agree they look spectacular.

marshal kane
10-31-2015, 03:43 PM
Even though it's not a Kahr, IMO, I don't think your wife made a bad choice. My wife shoots a SIG P228, 9mm double stack 13 round magazine with Hogue grips.

CJB
10-31-2015, 04:25 PM
I'm not a huge fan of the whale tail on Colt .45 Auto's, but that is a pretty piece. I like the sights. They look simple and effective. Yes, I'm from the minimalist school, but I thats a fine lookin' shooter that I'd be proud to carry.

marshal kane
11-12-2015, 05:55 AM
I'm not a fan of the whale tails either nor am I a fan of skeleton hammers and long triggers but it seems a lot of people are. Just about every 1911 on the market today except for a few exceptions comes so equipped. Maybe it's because I have small, thin hands and have never been bitten by the spur hammer.

Bawanna
11-12-2015, 11:46 AM
I don't mind the look although I don't need the whale tail either, never been bit. Now my Hi Power is like a pit bull, it bites me on a regular basis.

I do for some reason like a long trigger though. Many high speed low drag types prefer the short trigger for their business guns, but have long triggers on their toys. I never could understand it but I know more than a couple that fall in that category.

Marshal, you running slim grips and bushings or standard? Might be able to help.

berettabone
11-12-2015, 11:51 AM
I'm not a fan of the whale tails either nor am I a fan of skeleton hammers and long triggers but it seems a lot of people are. Just about every 1911 on the market today except for a few exceptions comes so equipped. Maybe it's because I have small, thin hands and have never been bitten by the spur hammer.

They make em for small hands too...........................................

CharlieR
11-12-2015, 12:09 PM
CharlieR if you could find out what he did I would appreciate it. I can see the problem with front sight being hard to find.
Mike

He got them here: http://www.nitesiters.com/Nitesiters_Handgun_Night_Sights.html

Don F
11-21-2015, 03:26 PM
I saw a Browning 1911-380 in the local gun shop two days ago and it caught my attention. The entire pistol was noticeably smaller than a standard 1911.

Let us know how it shoots, what ammunition it likes and what it does not like.

siam
11-23-2015, 05:06 PM
She has put 100 rounds through it with no problems. 50 Lellier & Bellot, 50 Freedom Munitions reloads.

Plan on going some time next week again.

Mike

Bawanna
11-23-2015, 05:40 PM
Probably didn't get the Mernickle holster yet huh? Too soon. Anxious to hear how you like that. My hands down personal favorite.

CJB
11-23-2015, 05:52 PM
Nice Compact.

I've got the original. Ended up putting a Wilson Combat barrel in it, since they had 'em on sale for the Compact (4 inches, between an Officer's and a Commander).

Was a bit of a weird fit as barrels go, but its tight and locks like a crab's ass under water.

Shoots like a dream, and never, ever, hiccups, just like my Kahrs!

siam
11-23-2015, 05:53 PM
Probably didn't get the Mernickle holster yet huh? Too soon. Anxious to hear how you like that. My hands down personal favorite.
I just emailed them for an update it has been 6 weeks today. Should ship soon. will keep you updated when it arrives.

Mike

zaitcev
11-24-2015, 12:07 AM
The gun is astonishingly cute and the 1911 is reproduced in painstaking detail, moreso than is done on guns that are vaguely inspired by 1911 (such as Llama Especiale or Colt Mustang/Sig P238). It shoots well and is generally reliable. It's very nice to hold, unlike smaller .380s. I don't mind the plastic frame, although I would appreciate if Browning offered an aluminum version. However, there are issues:
- Sights are only useful at outdoor ranges, and are hard to see indoors. The rear notch is too narrow as well.
- The barrel locks into the slide using the ejection port instead of true 1911 lugs
- Ejector is much too close to the chamber, so most live rounds (and snap caps) cannot be reliably ejected
The aftermarket support is poor despite 1911-22 preceding it by several years. Browning's own website is a disaster. I dare anyone to find a parts diagram on it.