PDA

View Full Version : Galloway Precision Spring Kit - Anyone Try It

gmcjetpilot
01-22-2016, 10:01 PM
The CM9 is pretty good for a DA gun... one of the best in this category.
However I would not mind a few pounds less pull...

http://gallowayprecision.com/kahr/cm9/

The have a reduced power spring and reduced striker spring kit...

gb6491
01-22-2016, 11:48 PM
I haven't tried Galloway's product, but thought I'd throw a second option your way.
Wolff Gunsprings (https://www.gunsprings.com/KAHR%20ARMS/cID1/mID29/dID340#188) sells reduced power striker springs for Kahr pistols.
If you go with a reduced power striker spring, you might want to make sure it will reliably ignite your "carry" ammo.
Regards,
Greg

OldFatGuy
01-23-2016, 07:19 AM
I bought the Galloway kit for my CM40. I forget what the little spring was for but it was the same as the one I have so I didn't swap it. The striker spring did make a little difference. the day it was due to be delivered, I kept dry firing to get the feel, when the mail came I swapped the striker spring and pulled the trigger. Yup, it was lighter. Now I couldn't tell you. It's all relative. Don't bother with the 2 spring kit, just get the striker spring.

pyrobooster
12-30-2017, 06:56 PM
Can either of you guys give a long term update on the spring kit specifically in terms of reliability?

bugs
01-02-2018, 11:59 AM
I have about 3000 rnd. on my Galloway spring kit w/o any FTFs; the little spring is the striker block spring and I installed it. I see a some reduction in the pull weight using both springs in my EDC/Competition CM9. I only have shot Feds. or C.D.s ;fires everytime.

NRA LIFER
IDPA BELEIVER

pyrobooster
01-04-2018, 01:38 PM
I have about 3000 rnd. on my Galloway spring kit w/o any FTFs; the little spring is the striker block spring and I installed it. I see a some reduction in the pull weight using both springs in my EDC/Competition CM9. I only have shot Feds. or C.D.s ;fires everytime.

NRA LIFER
IDPA BELEIVER

Great thanks for the update, sounds pretty reliable.

pyrobooster
01-04-2018, 01:42 PM
I bought the Galloway kit for my CM40. I forget what the little spring was for but it was the same as the one I have so I didn't swap it. The striker spring did make a little difference. the day it was due to be delivered, I kept dry firing to get the feel, when the mail came I swapped the striker spring and pulled the trigger. Yup, it was lighter. Now I couldn't tell you. It's all relative. Don't bother with the 2 spring kit, just get the striker spring.

OldFatGuy how about your CM40 ? I wonder if the .40 has any issues compared to the CM9 with the reduced power spring kit. Thank you much.

davec
02-05-2018, 03:31 PM
My experience with the Galloway kit was that the trigger was about 2 lbs lighter but felt a little mushy. I swapped back and forth a few times and stuck with the Galloway kit.

delleetodd
02-14-2018, 07:40 AM
I have the Wolff reduced power striker spring on a CM9. Made a noticeable difference and I have about 500 rounds through it without a light strike. My wife carries that gun.

JAA
03-08-2018, 02:44 PM
Always looking for an edge. Just installed Galloway’s GP1302 & 1303 (ss striker/reduced power sprinkle kit) in my PM9 earlier today. During dry firing does feel lighter. Once the weather clears up here in the NE, will make a trip to the range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobshouse
03-08-2018, 04:26 PM
It's amazing how you can get your mind to agree with your wallet, isn't it? LOL.

JAA
03-09-2018, 10:28 AM
It's amazing how you can get your mind to agree with your wallet, isn't it? LOL.

Yep, wished it worked the same in other areas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk