PDA

View Full Version : Cw 380

RJ in Phoenix
02-06-2016, 04:01 PM
Picked up a new CT 380 yesterday. Was able to get one with the factory trigicon front only night sight. Can't wait to get to the range on Monday to break it in.
I have a CM-9 for the past few years that is in my carry rotation. One of the best trouble free and all around great performer's.
I just finished cleaning a lubing the .380 and racked the slide about 100 times. I also worked the slide stop pin in and out several times because it was pretty rough. Now it lines up and snaps in and out like it should. Have 4 different brands of ammo to take with me Monday. It would be great if they all functioned without a problem. :D
I will post how I made out.

Take care: R.J.

Bobshouse
02-06-2016, 04:15 PM
Hoping for a great range report...have fun!

Pointblank
02-13-2016, 01:14 PM
Why did you name this thread Cw 380?

RJ in Phoenix
03-18-2016, 06:27 PM
Sorry for any confusion, it is a CW 380. I was expecting to get back with a range report much sooner. I have been back and forth to the range several times. Still trying to get this little gem to turn into a reliable carry pistol. I have used or 7 different brands of ammo (no steel case ). I haven't added up the number of rounds yet, but I believe it is approx. 700- 800 rounds. I am now down to just 2 problems now. The slide will lock back with rounds in the mag. And sometimes it would not lock back after the last round. So I started to file a little at a time some of the metal on the slide stop protrusion. Still had the problem. The slide stop spring looks exactly where it should be in the photo of a properly positioned spring. I finally took enough off so there there would be nothing left of the protrusion. I can lock the slide back manually. I can do without the last round locking back if the pistol is reliable in all other functions. My thumb is no where near the slide lock lever. Guess what, the slide will still lock back with rounds in the chamber. Today a friend of mine met me at the range to have him shoot the gun. Same thing happened to him. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't me. I ordered a new slide stop and will try that. If that doesn't solve it, my dealer said he will send it back to Kahr.

Take care, R.J.

captainkirk05
03-18-2016, 07:38 PM
It's the slide stop spring causing the issue. Had the same issue, Kahr sent a replacement that was much stronger and prevented any further premature lock backs. Only thing is it won't lock back on empty due to overpowering the magazine spring. Choose your poison with these guns.

RJ in Phoenix
03-18-2016, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the info. I was almost going to order the slide stop spring when I ordered the slide stop. But I didn't. Oh well I will call Kahr Monday morning and see if the will send me a stronger spring.

Thanks again. R.J.

RJ in Phoenix
03-18-2016, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the info. I was almost going to order the slide stop spring when I ordered the slide stop. But I didn't. Oh well I will call Kahr Monday morning and see if the will send me a stronger spring.

Thanks again. R.J.