View Full Version : New Guy, New PM9

HFMark
02-19-2016, 01:47 PM
Hi everybody,

I paid for a new PM9 last night. While I wait out the 10 days until the People's Republik of Kaliforniastan declares me fit for ownership, I'm reading up on everything I can. I saw the care and feeding instructions for a brand new gun, thanks for that. I'm also in the process of researching CC holsters. It seems like the only way to do it is buy one of each and see what works for you!

Mark

getsome
02-19-2016, 02:45 PM
Hello HFMark and welcome to Kahrtalk and congrats on the new PM9!....The new gun instructions and lube chart are very helpful and if you follow them you shouldn't have any problems at the range during the break in....When you finally get yours if you have any questions let us know...There are many very nice, knowledgeable and helpful folks that hang out here that are more than willing to help a fellow out....The next few days will be hard but the little PM9 is worth the wait.....Good luck and get out there and shoot um up!!!!

Bills1873
02-19-2016, 03:01 PM
Yeah, welcome! I have one of those sweeties with about 1000 rounds through it. Great shooter, you'll love it. Most of them are great right out of the box.

Alfonse
02-19-2016, 05:51 PM
Welcome! Kahrs are popular in California and you made a great choice!

HFMark
02-22-2016, 02:25 PM
Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I'm hoping to get one of the good ones, right from the box, but I will take no chances... I'll rack the slide a million times and do a thorough cleaning and lubing before heading to the range. I will also take a look at my magazines to make sure they are assembled correctly.

Thanks again!

Mark

RustyGunn
02-26-2016, 12:42 PM
Welcome from the PRK. You'll enjoy the PM9.

b4uqzme
02-26-2016, 01:44 PM
... I'm also in the process of researching CC holsters. It seems like the only way to do it is buy one of each and see what works for you!

Mark

Yes, that's a good way to look at it. It's what most of us have done...eventually. Enjoy your new pistol. Welcome

berettabone
02-26-2016, 01:51 PM
Welcome..........unfortunately, the holster thing has to be all you. I may be one of the few that doesn't have a drawer full of holsters. I made a mistake on the first one I bought, but have purchased 4 others since, and use them all. If you do your due diligence, you can keep the damage to a minimum........................:)

SmokyT
02-27-2016, 05:11 PM
Welcome and congrats on your new aquisition!
PM 9 is a very nice micro 9mm pistol - easy to carry and shoot. I really like mine also.

HFMark
03-04-2016, 02:00 PM
As a follow through on this thread:

I got my Kahr out of jail and did the 200 plus cycles of the slide. I broke the gun down and cleaned it thoroughly and oiled it according to the recommendations. I didn't do anything magic with the magazines, I left them alone. I have to admit to a red-face moment. As I was reassembling the gun, I could not get the slide to go back far enough to insert the slide stop pin. I was to the point of frustration. I'm not new to firearms and the construction of the Kahr, while compact, is straight forward. I finally figured out it was the recoil spring plug that was preventing the slide from working properly. After I messed with that, it went together just fine.

At the range, I put 100 rounds of Winchester white box through it and I'm happy to say there wasn't a single hiccup. My Kahr functioned flawlessly, as it should. The shooter, on the other hand, left a lot to be desired. The long trigger pull was causing me fits, at first. I was forever shooting way low, a function of jerking the trigger, I believe. After I settled down and got a little more used to the pull, I started getting better at putting the bullet where I wanted it. I suspect it will take a few more range trips to get fully comfortable with it.

I'm a happy camper with my Kahr

b4uqzme
03-04-2016, 02:11 PM
good!

Bills1873
03-04-2016, 03:37 PM
Great! Makes me warm and fuzzy inside to hear of another pm9 runs good right out of the box. Master the trigger, master the gun. Thanks for the range report. Now, shoot it some more!