View Full Version : Hello and obligatory introduction

shrekfingers
02-25-2016, 02:35 PM
Hey from Ohio, just got a CW380 and waiting for snow to end so I can take her to the range,, sounds like maybe Sat. Been mostly a Glock and Smith kinda guy so this will be interesting. I have read and done the Kahr first round prep sticky so hopefully she runs well.

To answer the question I always get, ....Shrekfingers?

My wife came to me one day and asked me to fasten a bracelet, after a few frustrating minutes, I said " I cant do this with these Shrek fingers" and it stuck.
I also noodle around with the guitar so I thought it would be a cool Blues name.

**I have Shrek fingers, Flintstone feet and a Homer Simpson belly so yes I am quiet the character**

Bawanna
02-25-2016, 03:49 PM
Ohio? You know that Columbus dude, was really into sailing and stuff?

Shrekfingers is a way cool Blues name.

SlowBurn
02-25-2016, 06:50 PM
Welcome. Congrats on a great little gun.

If you're used to larger semi autos, my suggestion is grip the sh#$% out of that little CW380 when you do get to take it out. Strangle it. After you get used to it you can refine the technique somewhat. Hopefully you won't go through what I did at first, with jams that turned out to be limp wristing.

kwh
02-25-2016, 07:05 PM
Will be interested how Shrek fingers and Kahr trigger interact. Will be different from S&W (unless talking revolver double action) & Glock.

muggsy
02-25-2016, 08:12 PM
Holy crap, my long lost twin brother just joined the forum! Described me to a tee. Welcome brother. Now don't tell me that you're from the Cleveland area. :)

shrekfingers
02-26-2016, 12:41 PM
Holy crap, my long lost twin brother just joined the forum! Described me to a tee. Welcome brother. Now don't tell me that you're from the Cleveland area. :)

Thanks for the welcome all and no I am not from Cleveland area, born , raised and still hang'n in a little berg North of Dayton BUT mom and pop was from Canton O

shrekfingers
02-26-2016, 12:56 PM
Welcome. Congrats on a great little gun.

If you're used to larger semi autos, my suggestion is grip the sh#$% out of that little CW380 when you do get to take it out. Strangle it. After you get used to it you can refine the technique somewhat. Hopefully you won't go through what I did at first, with jams that turned out to be limp wristing.

Thanks for the heads up.. use to own a PPKs and shot well with it. Before we went to Glocks we carried the S&W 645 and switched to Glocks so since I carried a Glock on duty I kinda floated to a 27 in retirement. Since then I have acquired a 9mm Shield, s&w 9mm Compact, so this Kahr will be a change for sure.

b4uqzme
02-26-2016, 01:26 PM
Pleased to meet cha. I got fond memories of touring Wright AF Museum.

shrekfingers
02-26-2016, 01:33 PM
Pleased to meet cha. I got fond memories of touring Wright AF Museum.

Thanks.. kinda sad, I live so close to that I haven't been there since I was a lil shaver 50 years ago...you just gave me an idea for a weekend!

OneWheelLess
03-01-2016, 06:39 PM
Welcome! I have had a few nice smiths, currently own a shield in 9mm. When I was looking for a tiny gun I almost went for the bodyguard380. It seems none of the tiny guns have decent ergonomics compared to the kahrs! The shield is an awesome gun, bg not so much. Tried most of them, settled on the kahr. Mine has run well since day 1, but it did loosen up a bit. Have fun!

ESAFO
03-02-2016, 06:49 AM
welcome aboard enjoy your stay from a fellow BUCKEYE.

muggsy
03-02-2016, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the welcome all and no I am not from Cleveland area, born , raised and still hang'n in a little berg North of Dayton BUT mom and pop was from Canton O

That's close enough. Welcome aboard.