PDA

View Full Version : New CT380

items
03-15-2016, 09:48 AM
I have a Bersa Thunder 380 that I've carried during the summer months when shorts and tee shirts are the norm here in Florida. After obtaining a Kahr CW45 and carrying it all winter I came to like the DAO trigger and no safety aspects. After coming across a CT380 in the LGS I pulled the trigger on it. I was very concerned at first on how difficult it is to rack the slide and to remove the slide lock during break down for cleaning. I was having problems getting ammo to feed by manually racking the slide. It kept jamming against the feed ramp - especially Hornaday hollow points - which concerned me since I'd want self-defense ammo for carry. I took it to the range and found that with close to 200 rounds fired I had zero issues with it. It's either a little easier now to rack and to remove the slide lock - or i got used to it, maybe a little of both? I sure do love the way it just disappears into my IWB holster and into my shorts and under a tee shirt. Oh and it was very accurate - about the same as my CW45 I guess. So far I'm happy and see no reason why that would change. Being able to get a full grip on it is great too. I had a Ruger LCP and really disliked firing it whereas the CT380 is a pleasure to shoot. The Bersa wasn't bad firing but the tang that pokes into my skin when I tried to carry it was a pain - literally!

Rednex
03-15-2016, 06:23 PM
I love everything about my CT380 except the FTF problems. I have about 600 rounds through it and still have issues although I have had much better luck with some brands of ammo. I still have not had the luxury of firing a 50 round box of any brand that I've tried without a feeding problem. I have had certain brands work better than others but not perfect, it's frustrating but I'm sure there's a flawless round out there compatible with the CT380. I have a CW9 that spits out anything I feed it and never have had any issues after a couple thousand rounds.

ctcw
03-24-2016, 05:29 AM
I got my CT380 last year and it has been great . Racking gets better over time . Mine eats everything I've fed it.

Armybrat
03-24-2016, 04:50 PM
Have been totin' mine since early last year. The only issue was its refusal to shoot any WWB in the first range session, but it has et up all the Federal, Remington, & Hornady Critical Defense it's been fed. I really like mine and it fits the hand perfectly, which makes it fun to shoot - as opposed to my snappy little LCP.

http://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/7b815e43d914bf08b9eddd54cbe19ce7597b32b.jpg

torr8966
03-29-2016, 06:16 PM
I picked one up just last week. I was a little turned off on Kahr after I had nothing but problems with my cm380. I love the Kahr trigger so I thought I'd give them another chance! Boy I'm I glad I did!! I love this little gun! It's feed everything I've feed it. WWB, Perfecta, UMC, Federal and many hollow points! It's a pleasure to shot and has much better sights then the cm. This little dude is super accurate too! http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160330/6f041ec0c3ae2e3f1293ee07141bb4f7.jpgI've got the Kahr bug bad now!! I want one of every flavor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kwh
03-29-2016, 06:46 PM
Have you tried Hornady? Also do the FTF happen before or after the first 20 rounds fired? Could be a type of grip fatigue in such a small pistol.
I love everything about my CT380 except the FTF problems. I have about 600 rounds through it and still have issues although I have had much better luck with some brands of ammo. I still have not had the luxury of firing a 50 round box of any brand that I've tried without a feeding problem. I have had certain brands work better than others but not perfect, it's frustrating but I'm sure there's a flawless round out there compatible with the CT380. I have a CW9 that spits out anything I feed it and never have had any issues after a couple thousand rounds.

kwh
03-29-2016, 06:48 PM
Impressive target.
I picked one up just last week. I was a little turned off on Kahr after I had nothing but problems with my cm380. I love the Kahr trigger so I thought I'd give them another chance! Boy I'm I glad I did!! I love this little gun! It's feed everything I've feed it. WWB, Perfecta, UMC, Federal and many hollow points! It's a pleasure to shot and has much better sights then the cm. This little dude is super accurate too! http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160330/6f041ec0c3ae2e3f1293ee07141bb4f7.jpgI've got the Kahr bug bad now!! I want one of every flavor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk