View Full Version : Actively Looking

Sonicx
04-05-2016, 07:36 AM
Greetings, joining this forum to learn more about the kahr series. Active member on several other forums. Looking at purchasing a kahr but wants to join a forum where I could learn from others here prior to making a decision. This looks like the place to start.

Scarywoody
04-05-2016, 08:23 AM
Hi Sonicx, welcome aboard. I joined here when I bought my first Kahr CW9 and then bought a CM9. Lots of good information here with lots of knowledgeable folks. The Kahr-Tech forum is a good place to browse. My lower end (CW, CM) Kahr's were about 98% out of the box. With the guidance in the tech section, they are 99.9%. Where you from and what do you currently shoot?

RolandD
04-05-2016, 08:28 AM
Welcome, I did the same thing about two months ago. Lurked around for a couple of weeks before joining, though. I am now the proud owner of a CW9 and a CT380. I joined about five manufacturer specific forums in my quest for carry guns for my wife and I. This forum is definitely the best of them. Good luck.

Alfonse
04-05-2016, 08:31 AM
Welcome to the forum! Pretty much everything about Kahr pistols is covered in some posting, somewhere, on this forum. Have fun with your research and if you have questions, it is a helpful bunch.

muggsy
04-05-2016, 08:48 AM
Don't assume that your Kahr pistol will be less than perfect right out of the box. Remember that it's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease. Very few people complain when their guns run perfectly. Remember that every gun needs a break in period and that if you experience a bobble or two during the break-in that's normal. Clean the gun when you receive it and read the owners manual. Most of your questions will be answered there.Use only quality ball ammunition during the break in. Avoid flat nose and most foreign made ammo. Remember that Kahr stands behind their products and that they will repair or replace your gun if it's problematic. Finally, enjoy shooting one of the best concealed carry pistols available.

RolandD
04-05-2016, 09:11 AM
^^^^What muggsy said^^^^

If you decide to go with Kahr, do follow the New Kahr Prep (http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?1521-Proper-prep-of-a-new-kahr) instructions.

yqtszhj
04-05-2016, 09:27 AM
Greetings, joining this forum to learn more about the kahr series. Active member on several other forums. Looking at purchasing a kahr but wants to join a forum where I could learn from others here prior to making a decision. This looks like the place to start.

Welcome, what caliber are you looking at?

Sonicx
04-05-2016, 09:38 AM
Thanks everyone. Happy to be here. I'm looking at a different pocket carry but also 45. I have a array of manufactures that I collect. Started as a Walther fanboy. I like the older guns such as browning and sig too. I must admit I know the least about kahr but looking forward to read through the forum. I'm up the the Midwest frontier near the Canadian boarder.

Bills1873
04-05-2016, 10:55 AM
+1 on what Muggsy stated. CM45 and PM9 both ran fine out of the box. Most of them do.

yqtszhj
04-05-2016, 11:54 AM
Kahr 9mm's are top notch. I have a cm9 and ct9. I like my kahr .45's too. They did take the required breakin but are good now. The 9mm's were flawless from day one.

jayo84
04-05-2016, 12:02 PM
SO far my new CM9 has been 100% out of the box. Keep it clean and lubed and it should run great!

Bobshouse
04-05-2016, 01:10 PM
Welcome, and as you read remember the ol' saying: If your happy with a product you will tell 2 or 3, if your unhappy you will tell 10 to 20. So expect more negative posts than positive. Still, if you look at it with all the firearms Kahr has sold over the years, there's not that many complaints. I own two right now and looking at a third.

b4uqzme
04-05-2016, 01:14 PM
Welcome. I got a few. They all run great. They all carry great too which is what they are best at. I can carry my CM45 OWB under an un-tucked t-shirt...never been outed.

CJB
04-05-2016, 02:17 PM
Greetings, joining this forum to learn more about the kahr series.

At least you're not like that guy who came here trying to hawk some used business cards. Welcome!

Second Try
04-05-2016, 05:10 PM
I bought my ct9 last fall, followed the detailed cleaning instructions, and took it to the range. So far about 350 rounds fmj and hp and not a single issue.

landman
05-17-2016, 06:52 PM
welcome from Wyoming.