PDA

View Full Version : Mk9

berettabone
04-27-2016, 01:45 PM
I had my MK locked up for a spell, being able to carry OWB through out the cold months(and still cold) using a few other firearms with a bit more capacity/caliber, but still compact versions. I can't really get away with that here in the burbs, when the warm weather comes. Up nort, no problem, down here, not so much. Someone like me is so glad that Kahr came up with the MK9. It was so nice to throw on the suspenders, and front pocket carry again. I like steel firearms, and put up with the weight versus feel and recoil. I have handled pretty much all of the pocket guns, and wouldn't trade the Kahr for any of them. I know there are pocket haters(it's ok) and they have that line, " Your supposed to feel comforted, not comfortable.", when carrying.............baloney..............and if I had my druthers, I would just OWB all of the time, but I really don't know what I would do, if Kahr didn't have the lineup of firearms that they have. I would get a PM, but I like steel. I do own poly(went to the dark side) but the balance in the MK is hard to overlook, and I have enough poly. I purchased my version new (2001) in 2010, awaiting the passage of conceal carry in my state. Since then, and many firearms, it is STILL the most comfortable carry firearm I have. I have never had the pleasure of shooting a K9...........I could imagine it being similar.