PDA

View Full Version : American Swimmers robbed at gunpoint in Rio

CJB
08-14-2016, 01:38 PM
So, the four swimmers are at a party outside the Olympic Village, held by Club France - a nightclub with hotel - someplace in Rio.

The swimmers say they were on their way "home" after the party, and the taxi "pulled over" and they got robbed at gunpoint.

Robbers only took money and wallets (ID, credit cards, etc) but not personal items or Olympic credentials.

Cops say - no crime reported.

Olympic officials say the four are cooperating with the authorities.

American consulate says - no crime reported

And no mention of the taxi driver.

Why does this stink, to me, just like the huge cesspool that the Rio Olympic games are?

knkali
08-14-2016, 10:17 PM
agreed, it stinks. However, traveling at night w/o security seems foolish. But I am not 23 yo with a gold metal around my neck. If I was, I guess I would feel 10 ft tall and bullet proof.

dustnchips
08-15-2016, 07:33 AM
The Olympic site selection committee must have made millions in bribes for their decision to award the games to Rio. A troubled, deteriorating, crime ridden third world city has no business being chosen for a world showcase. Money talks.

CJB
08-15-2016, 09:31 AM
As of this AM.....police still say no report. Hmmm

Bawanna
08-15-2016, 10:02 AM
I love the concept of the Olympics, I think it's a great program.

But I also consider the Olympic committee very similar to the UN. Something I really don't care to be a part of.

knkali
08-15-2016, 11:20 AM
I love the concept of the Olympics, I think it's a great program.

But I also consider the Olympic committee very similar to the UN. Something I really don't care to be a part of.

haven't watched one minute of it for the above reason. In short, I agree

Bawanna
08-15-2016, 12:02 PM
I watched the girls beach volleyball. I love the US uniforms.

CJB
08-15-2016, 01:05 PM
oh hell yah! and the others had burquinis!

Longitude Zero
08-15-2016, 05:20 PM
Having been to Rio I can attest to the rampant street crime and taxi robberies are as common as there are taxis. The Rio authorities have downplayed ALL crime and other than Carnivale Rio is a monstrous cesspool.

berettabone
08-16-2016, 10:26 AM
I have some friends from Brazil. They were lucky to get out, legally I might add. The whole country is so dysfunctional, it borders pathetic. They agree wholeheartedly. That's why only a few golfers from the U.S. went over. They used the excuse of mosquito viruses, lack of quality hotels, which is true, but the real reason is the dysfunction and the crime. Another South America pithole. It isn't worth the risk to them. There's always the next Olympics????????????

CJB
08-17-2016, 04:22 PM
And....now the swimmers are wanted in Brazil court for false report of crime.

Saw that a mile away

DavidWJ
08-18-2016, 12:21 PM
Now a couple of swimmers were taken off a plane and not allowed to leave. It's just a shake-down... gotta love those third-world countries and their brand of "justice."

CJB
08-18-2016, 12:42 PM
And video of the real story emerges. A bunch of dufi

Longitude Zero
08-18-2016, 02:31 PM
And video of the real story emerges. A bunch of dufi

Agreed. The ringmaster managed to exit the country before the deception was noticed.

DanTana
08-18-2016, 02:45 PM
Agreed. The ringmaster managed to exit the country before the deception was noticed.

He should use the Hitlery defense, she can lie and get away with it, why can't I?

kenemoore
08-18-2016, 04:50 PM
At this point, what difference does it make?

CJB
08-18-2016, 05:51 PM
The boys might be stripped of all medals.... very well possible under US Swimming rules so sayeth the media

DavidWJ
08-18-2016, 05:53 PM
I don't believe the Brasilians. First, the "police" got a $30 shakedown (love the way they take payment right then and there), then our government caved to Brasil's demands that there was no crime and probably paid to get the swimmers released. Now a shopkeeper's saying the swimmer's defecated on a toilet! What???

dustnchips
08-19-2016, 08:27 AM
The $30 was paid to the gas station people and the swimmers left before police arrived. The swimmers were a bunch of drunken dumb shits. They bought their way out of trouble for $30 and then made up a big lie instead of just keeping their mouths shut. Their loss of endorsement money will be huge compared to $11K fines. Their 32 year old ring leader should have known better.

b4uqzme
08-19-2016, 11:08 AM
At this point, what difference does it make?

now THAT'S funny right there...

DavidWJ
08-19-2016, 03:38 PM
OK, so how's about $11,000 and we'll let ya go! Oh well...

JohnR
08-19-2016, 03:43 PM
Now that Locktite has apologized, it's time to ask why the media didn't scrutinize Hillary's lies as hard as they did his?

getsome
08-19-2016, 05:16 PM
Hillary has offered to hire all of them for high level cabinet positions when she's elected, she said they are her kind of fine upstanding young Democrats and will fit right in......

knkali
08-19-2016, 11:54 PM
Hillary has offered to hire all of them for high level cabinet positions when she's elected, she said they are her kind of fine upstanding young Democrats and will fit right in......

duuuude

downtownv
08-21-2016, 05:10 AM
Now that Locktite has apologized, it's time to ask why the media didn't scrutinize Hillary's lies as hard as they did his?

When it comes to H R Cliton, the Media has a different view:
http://www.kahrtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14065&stc=1