View Full Version : Newbie with CT380

steelbird
07-20-2017, 06:11 AM
Greetings from NE Florida -

I have just ordered a CT380 for myself. I am well aware of the break in period, the recommended procedure to take before first time shooting, and so on. The question I have - is it better to break it in with a variety of ammo types, or should I get one of the large 200 - 250 round boxes of ammo that's been recommended by the users on this forum? I know to stay away from Fiocchi, for starters. I've seen the large boxes of CCI Blazer, PMC, Remington, etc. My eventual intention is to use my own reloads ( and yes, I have experience in that department), most likely using the XTP bullet - perhaps using the brass left over from the break in. Any advice?
Thanks!

Armybrat
07-20-2017, 08:35 AM
Welcome to the forum! Where did you order your CT380 from?

I used 4 different kinds of ammo. My CT380 would not run WWB at all - no primer strikes whatsoever. It has eaten up all the Federal, Remington, Monarch, and Hornady Critical Defense like champ without a hitch.

steelbird
07-20-2017, 11:21 AM
Ordered it from Sportsmans Guide. This is the first time I've ordered a gun online. The selling point from them was that I could see their list of FFL's they do business with, and one of them just happens to be within walking distance of my home ( nearby pawn shop ). Makes it even simpler. I also have their buyer's club deal, so that took $10 off with a coupon they sent me.