PDA

View Full Version : Possible frame problem, CW9?

safehaven
10-03-2009, 06:25 PM
I think that I may have a problem with the frame on my CW9. The potential problem is with the open to the magazine cavity. When I try to insert a mag, the front edge of the mag catches on the lip of the opening. This happens when I try to insert the mag at the "proper" angle. I have to slightly angle the mag a bit to get it to go in.

Also, when I remove the mag from the gun, the mag rubs on that same spot on the frame the entire length of the mag.

I don't mind the rubbing so much, I think this may be normal so that the mag doesn't go to the floor when you release it. But, the mag snagging on insertion is a problem, I feel.

Is any of this normal, or is it a problem that I need addressed?

lv2tinker
10-05-2009, 02:06 PM
I also have a CW9 but my mags insert quite easily, but I did trim the burs off the mag-well opening.
Your best bet is to call Kahr Customer Service 508-795-3919 and ask them what you should do.
However (if your comfortable doing this), take a narrow bladed pocket or hobby knife and "ever so gently" bevel (round off) the front edge of the mag well opening. The polymer is "very" soft and you can over do it if your not careful. Don't try to use sandpaper as the polymer is to soft for it to work.
Hope this helps....

500KV
10-05-2009, 02:27 PM
I think that I may have a problem with the frame on my CW9.

Can you see what it's "catching" on?
Is it metal or plastic?
Sounds like something might be out of place.
Has it always done this?
Is this a new gun?
Answers to these questions would determine whether it's something you could repair or whether the gun should be sent in.
At least, that's my assesment FWIW.

ltxi
10-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Unless I misunderstand the problem, simply cleaning up the mag well opening (knife blade/dremel/whatever) should easily fix this. The front of the frame should not drag on the mag when it's released. Possibly some mold residue?

ltxi
10-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Unless I misunderstand the problem, simply cleaning up the mag well opening (knife blade/dremel/whatever) should easily fix this. The front of the frame should not drag on the mag when it's released. Possibly some mold residue?

So there I was, at the range today with my PM9 and the leading edge of a magazine hung up on the front edge of the mag well during a speed change. Hasn't happened before in over a year and somewhere north of 2000 rounds. Appears I just happened to hit that sharp edge at just the right/wrong angle. Shaved it with a knife blade....won't happen again.

jocko
10-11-2009, 07:38 AM
this is an in house fix. see where it is catching and get a file or exacto knife and take off the excess. If the excess is all on the inside you not huring the looks at all. Your worrying about something that is not an issue that can't be taken care of you you. Certainly a waste of money to send it back, You won't get a new lower section for what you are talking about.