PDA

View Full Version : Any knowledge of Kahrs used in self defense?

I_Like_Turtles
03-01-2020, 08:54 PM
I have used a firearm in self defense but it wasn't a Kahr.

Anyone used a Kahr or know of a Kahr being used? Brandishing included----if part of self defense.

BirdsThaWord
03-02-2020, 08:19 AM
I had two hood rats cut me off. I honked. They didn’t like that and gave chase, pulled next to me in median, tried to run me off the road...this went on a while. Then they rammed me (in a rental van, wife and son screaming from fear) from behind 2-3 times. Finally got pulled over at a very public area, they rammed once more and left. Got out to survey the damage, a bystander came over who had seen the ramming, we were talking...back came the hood rats, from the front....rammed the front. I grabbed my MK9 I was carrying at the time and drew down on the driver...both cowered down and burned rubber out if there. Cops said I was well within my rights to have shot them. I refrained, kept a cool head (despite a screaming, crying wife and son in my ear) and did not. I may have been within my rights, but did not want to unless absolutely necessary to kill, and do not want to be dragged through court unless absolutely necessary. I look at situations a whole lot differently now, training more, and realizing danger can happen at the drop of a dime. My adrenaline pumps up just reliving the moment!

BirdsThaWord
03-04-2020, 05:38 AM
Looks like I’m the only one?

DavidR
03-04-2020, 06:05 AM
Thankfully I’ve not been involved in an altercation since 9th grade.

ripley16
03-04-2020, 09:21 AM
I've only ever drawn my gun once, in 1975, but it wasn't a Kahr, (obviously). The appearance of a weapon also ended the event without further ado.

News accounts rarely, if ever, mention the type of weapon used by good guys. Hard to know of Kahrs, or any other gun for that matter, being used.

DavidR
03-04-2020, 10:14 AM
Hopefully Danny Reagan will chime in.

Bawanna
03-04-2020, 01:18 PM
Was gonna mention him. I believe he's a believer.