PDA

View Full Version : magazine question

dusty10
09-20-2010, 05:03 AM
I noticed in both my 7 & 8 round K9 mags all the bullets don't aline on the same angle with the feed lips and follower. The top bullet in the mag does, but everything under it lies in there horizontally rather than on the same angle as the feed lips and follower. All my other semi-auto pistols the bullets all sit on the same angle in the mag. The mag spring seems PLENTY strong, as loading by hand is an excersize in hand strength. At the range the other day, both mags ran fine. It just looks weird to me. Anyone else notice this? Is this just the way the kahr mags are?

Bawanna
09-20-2010, 11:50 AM
Mine sit like that in the mag also. They seem to run fine as well. Never gave it much thought before. I'll have to take a closer look and at some others to compare. Long as it runs it's not on my worry list, but sometimes we just gotta know why.

jocko
09-20-2010, 02:50 PM
IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT In as much as kahrs feed ramp is actually off set, quite possable the magazine is that way by design. I don't compare my kahrs to other gun makers or vice versa. As long as all go boom when desired, then all is OK..

Bawanna
09-20-2010, 03:03 PM
Kind of what I was thinking but it sure sounds a whole lot better when you say it.

dusty10
09-20-2010, 06:21 PM
Yeah, I ain't fixin' it cuz that gun just plain runs. :D But man does it look weird the way the bullets sit in those mags. :cool:

OldLincoln
09-20-2010, 10:54 PM
Just don't put your eye down there to watch it rack while shooting. Hey, maybe we should sue to force a warning sticker!!