PDA

View Full Version : New PM9 Owner & New Member

PM9 Convert
10-16-2009, 06:52 AM
Hello. Here is my story:

Actually, I will be picking up my PM9 today. It was sitting in the gun store case for only a few weeks. I was going for the P380, but there were none in stock. I traded in my Kel Tec P3AT pistol for this gun. I don't have a problem with the .380 caliber, but after owning this Kel Tec for about 8 months, I can't get past the fact that it feels like I am carrying a toy. Plus, after putting 200 rounds through it, I had 2 FTF and 1 FTE (not bad), but the recoil springs were bent after that, and I had to replace them. I also had an issue with a wear issue on the frame that is caused by ejected cases hitting the frame. Kel Tec said this is normal and present on all their guns. What is normal for some is not acceptable to me. I wanted a more solidly built weapon - even if that means paying more money. You can't put a price on your life or the lives of loved ones. Mentally, I just don't feel safe and secure with the Kel Tec (to each their own), so it is better for me to part with it for something that is, hopefully, much much better. I read through many of these forums and posts, and was secretly hoping that the PM9 would be in stock and not the P380, and I am fortunate.

I needed to be reminded how small the PM9 is - it actually fits in the palm of my hand, and I don't have huge hands just average size.

I will be reading through these forums - again and welcome any tips and recommendations. I will post a range report once I get to one and can try this out. Getting very excited with anticipation.

Thank you.

Wayne's World
10-16-2009, 07:12 AM
I too am a new owner of a PM-9 (well i've had it for 38 days) and I am known for doing my homework on anything I purchase. You have invested wisely. I too was looking at the Kahr .380 considering the pac-ability. But once I held and felt the PM-9, I went home and did some reading on net and in mags, about the gun. Within a week, I owned the gun. I wear it, CONTINUOUSLY. Most of the time I forget it is there. For our 32 wedding anniversary, my wife gave me a month trip out west on my motorcycle. My Kahr has now been in 12 states. 450 rounds and 7460 miles and has operated flawlessly. You made a very good purchase.
p.s. I forgot to mention that the gun has gone from cold to hot, high humidity to extreme dry and like I did mention earlier, preformed FLAWLESSLY.

border bandit32
10-16-2009, 04:43 PM
The PM9 makes a great CCW...probably the best combo of size, weight, caliber and capacity available today IMHO....I love my PM9 and you will too

packinaglock
10-16-2009, 05:18 PM
The PM9 makes a great CCW...probably the best combo of size, weight, caliber and capacity available today IMHO....I love my PM9 and you will too

I'll second that! :cheer2:

Dietrich
10-16-2009, 05:35 PM
In this forum you`ll find some mighty happy PM9 owners. Wayne`s World,Border Bandit and Packinaglock ain`t telling you anything but the truth.
We`re all nuts about these handguns and I`m sure you will be as well. The cherry on top of your decision is that the PM9 packs a good bit more wallop than the 380 and the ammo is cheaper and much easier to find. Good thinking!!!Good choice.

wagon
10-16-2009, 05:57 PM
... and the fun has just begun ... which holster(s)? which OWB AND which IWB?:D

ltxi
10-16-2009, 06:30 PM

wagon....got your clipper yet...can I come out of hiding?

zena
10-16-2009, 06:39 PM

I'll 'third" that! I'm what my better friends refer to as "fun sized" (I ain't a big person!) and I carry mine everywhere pretty easily. An occasional skirt may push my abilities to hide it, but it is always with me. I love my PM9 and it loves me back. Enjoy!:cool:

PM9 Convert
10-16-2009, 07:24 PM
I picked up a IWB - Galco Tuckable holster for my PM9 with the gun.

Yes, picked it up today. Looks good, feels good, but a lot of folks are talking about some issues with disassembly/reassembly - mainly with the slide stop and lever spring.

I will be careful - watching Kahr's video again before I do it.

border bandit32
10-16-2009, 08:13 PM

This is what I use for my PM9:33::33::33:

FIST, INC. (http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/2.htm)

Cappy
10-16-2009, 09:32 PM

I also totally agree with border bandit32's comments. :yo:

Kahrdog
10-17-2009, 10:54 PM
You made the right choice PM9 Convert. In addition to all the valid points made above, the PM9 is flat out accurate. In addition, it's felt recoil is very easy to manage for such a small pistol. That due to firing from a locked breech and the low profile barrel / slide assy. You will soon be one more happy PM9 owner.

Kahrdog

jocko
10-18-2009, 05:54 AM
if there was a better gun out there than ther PM9, I would own it..

Cappy
10-18-2009, 07:41 AM
if there was a better gun out there than ther PM9, I would own it..

I have to say I totally believe that - LOL! :D

NavJAG06
10-18-2009, 07:50 AM
Watching the video carefully and looking at the manual will both help you with the tricky part of the disassembly/assembly - the slide stop pin. You have to be careful when reinserting the pin that you do not damage the small spring. Follow the video but also look at the manual for instructions on how to begin the insertion of the pin. I did not reinsert the pin correctly the first time but was fortunate that I did not damage the spring. Then, I took a more careful look at the instructions and had no problem since. Give your pistol a good 200 round breakin as noted in the instruction manual. You will enjoy this great little / powerful pistol. If you decide to pocket carry, take a look at the FIST Kydex pocket holster. I tried a couple of pocket holsters and think this is the best design, considering its thin and light kydex configuration and interesting thumb push. Enjoy your PM9