PDA

View Full Version : Night sights

packinaglock
10-17-2009, 07:05 AM
Im wanting to put night sights on my PM 9, it does'nt look like i'll be able to install TFO's on it like I have on my Glocks. It looks as though I may have to go with XS Big Dots. Anyone tried these on their Kahr's?

Norfdet
10-17-2009, 07:30 PM
Although the Big Dot's are highly recommended, I have never had them on my guns, instead always opting for Meprolight's. I currently have Meprolights on my PM9 and love them. I too could not install them like I can on Glock's but for about 40.00, I had a local gunsmith install them in about 30 minutes.

jocko
10-18-2009, 06:00 AM
I have the big dots on my PM9 and really do like them for quick acquistion to the target, mind you they are not target sights though, so don't look for 1 or 2" groups with them, as that dot covers alot of target, but that being said for a 7 to 10 yard gun these sights get you on target fast. they are great sights if you understand what they were meant to do. Four sure when you raise that gun up to eye level the first thi9ng you see is that massive front sight.

point, game, set, match!!

packinaglock
10-18-2009, 07:04 AM
I have the big dots on my PM9 and really do like them for quick acquistion to the target, mind you they are not target sights though, so don't look for 1 or 2" groups with them, as that dot covers alot of target, but that being said for a 7 to 10 yard gun these sights get you on target fast. they are great sights if you understand what they were meant to do. Four sure when you raise that gun up to eye level the first thi9ng you see is that massive front sight.

point, game, set, match!!

Which is what I was thinking, the PM 9 is designed for short range self defence. Quick spot on target, and hope the perp turns and runs.

adamsgeneral
12-08-2009, 08:21 PM
not a big fan of the big dot sights. what model kahr do you own? if you have anything but a 380, i would go with the meprolights. 380's have to wait... till they get released. :D

bugs
08-02-2016, 11:55 AM
Tru-Glo might be making TFOs as I had a dovetail milled/mounted in my CM9 by LGS; they are brite day or nite. 7/10 YD. gun?? w/ a little practice my CM9 holds center mass @20yd w/controlled double taps. TFOs only thing not stock.

NTA LIFER
IDPA BELEIVER

Bawanna
08-02-2016, 12:02 PM
I have Big Dots on my PM45 and it's a great combination.

I have the standard dots on one of my 1911's and it has the benefits of the Big Dot (good visibility) but gives slightly better accuracy.

I'd like to put that combo on all my handguns.

berettabone
08-02-2016, 01:39 PM
I have BIG DOTS on my HK................especially for older eyes, I don't think there is anything out there, that's better at present time. Great at night, and looks like a damn basketball on the end of the barrel during the day:p

Bawanna
08-02-2016, 02:13 PM
That's my issue with most night sights, you see them good in the dark or low light but can't seen them during the day.

The Big Dots or Standard Dots show up clearly day or night at least for my eyes.

kwh
08-02-2016, 06:32 PM
No complaints with Big Dots on my Shield. Note: Big Dot may hang up in some holsters designed for normal size front sights.

CharlieR
08-02-2016, 07:19 PM
I see that the original post was in 2009, but now Truglo DOES sell the TFO (Actually, the TFX) sights for the Kahr PM9. It's model TG13KA1A

berettabone
08-03-2016, 08:37 AM
Yes.............some may forget, and purchase them, only to find that the firearm doesn't fit in their holster any more. Must have a sight channel...................................

KCAutoBob
09-11-2016, 09:33 PM
Thumbs up to what Jocko And Bawanna said- I consider quick acquisition and daytime speed of orienting the pistol onto target of primary importance at, oh, say, inside of 10-15 yards. And that speed is there in broad daylight with the BIG WHITE dOt. (Note: this " O " is not really big enough and white enough for proper illustrative purposes. darn...) Seriously, for me, it's quick and easy at close range! I got old eyes too....