PDA

View Full Version : Plug

luka
10-20-2009, 07:07 PM
At the bottom of the PM9 Grip there appears to be a place for a Plug Just like the Glock has, Is there sometype of Plug that go's in there? I know you can buy a plug to fill in that area for the Glock.:confused:

Kahrdog
10-20-2009, 07:29 PM
I've often wondered the same thing. It looks a little unfinished doesn't it? I've never a plug sold for it.

Kahrdog

border bandit32
10-20-2009, 09:56 PM
Me too looks like a somebody would make a plug like Jentra does for the glocks??

Dietrich
10-21-2009, 01:47 AM
Did they leave it hollow like that just to cut down further on weight?It`s kind of odd indeed,isn`t it?

Mold Guy
10-26-2009, 08:19 AM
At the bottom of the PM9 Grip there appears to be a place for a Plug Just like the Glock has, Is there sometype of Plug that go's in there? I know you can buy a plug to fill in that area for the Glock.:confused:

Luka;
As a life-long plastics engineer, I can tell you exactly what that (little) hole is: It is known as a "core-out", which is used to keep uniform wall thickness in the polymer grip/stock. Plastics do not perform well or very long when there is an uneven wall thickness or when wall thickness goes above a certain range, usually .125". Just imagine the wall thickness that would be required to fill that opening, let alone the extra weight.

My PM-40 has the very same hole, and I even thought of filling it and going a bit further, making it a sort of grip extension when using the 6rd mags. I plan to "noodle" that idea out a bit more, and will keep you posted. :D

luka
10-26-2009, 09:14 AM
Mold Guy

You could have a Gold Mine waiting for you if you come up with something?

Good Luck

runner3264
12-11-2009, 08:54 PM
I've got a Molding shop with plenty of open space if anyone wants to take it on.

Grabbrass
12-12-2009, 02:49 PM
It's a little easier to make a plug that stays put on the Glock b/c of the lanyard hole at the bottom of the backstrap. A plug for the Kahr would have to be held in by friction only, unless the frame is modded (drill a hole).

arizona98tj
12-12-2009, 07:04 PM
JB Weld :D

luka
12-12-2009, 07:44 PM
Anyone own the P380 and if so does it also have the opening at the bottom of the Grip? I wonder why Kahr did not come out with something (Plug) seems they could have made a couple of bucks from it.

Oh Well I hope someone from the sight comes up with something.:typing:

G-9
12-13-2009, 07:03 AM
Yet another reason this site is GREAT. You guys are Awesome.

500KV
12-13-2009, 07:24 AM
JB Weld :D
Absolutely--Positively..:):)

Wayne's World
12-14-2009, 05:40 AM
I agree with "G-9". Another great thread. I have wondered why and what I could do with this little hole, at the bottom of my gun. I'll be watching this threads progress. JB-weld is winning, so-far.

jocko
12-14-2009, 12:15 PM
It's a little easier to make a plug that stays put on the Glock b/c of the lanyard hole at the bottom of the backstrap. A plug for the Kahr would have to be held in by friction only, unless the frame is modded (drill a hole).

IMO to just leave it alone..

mx5fan
12-14-2009, 01:22 PM
You guys have to much time on your hands.....:behindsofa:

Wayne's World
12-14-2009, 04:09 PM
mx5fan - Yes, this is true. Retirement will do that to a person. But, please don't tell my wife. She'll find something for me to do.

jocko
12-14-2009, 04:36 PM
and before putting the JB WELD in place, just fill that opening with #6 shot and it will add some weight, reduce recoil, improve accuracy ........

JUST KIDDIN GUYS........

I like wayne's world am also retired and I have to to much time on my hands!!!!

mx5fan
12-14-2009, 04:42 PM
mx5fan - Yes, this is true. Retirement will do that to a person. But, please don't tell my wife. She'll find something for me to do.

Your secret's safe with me....:2rolleyes:

alnitak
12-15-2009, 07:44 AM
I really have no desire to "plug" the hole -- don't need the extra weight and the hole doesn't bother me. But I would like to see an extended mag with a molded bottom (to match the grip), much like the ones for the XDsc, that would hold another round or two. The factory 7-round mag is just dorkey looking and the step down in the grip size annoying. maybe the extended molded mag could use the hole as part of the slip-fit for better stability?

jocko
12-15-2009, 10:15 AM
I really have no desire to "plug" the hole -- don't need the extra weight and the hole doesn't bother me. But I would like to see an extended mag with a molded bottom (to match the grip), much like the ones for the XDsc, that would hold another round or two. The factory 7-round mag is just dorkey looking and the step down in the grip size annoying. maybe the extended molded mag could use the hole as part of the slip-fit for better stability?

my PM9 extended mag IMO sucks for looks. I never use it other than at the range and then very little at that. I would have rather had a regular flush fit magazine than the extended one anyhow. If I wanted a bigger gun, I would have bought a bigger gun..:boink:

alnitak
12-15-2009, 12:35 PM
my PM9 extended mag IMO sucks for looks. I never use it other than at the range and then very little at that. I would have rather had a regular flush fit magazine than the extended one anyhow. If I wanted a bigger gun, I would have bought a bigger gun..:boink:
True...especially for pocket carry. However, those times where I use an IWB or OWB holster, it would be nice to have the option of a larger capacity mag (again, like the 16-round XDsc vs. the 10-rnd). Right now, in those instances, I use the 6-round mag with the Pearce extension on it. For pocket, just the flat-based 6-rd. The 7-rd mag goes in my mag holder for backup.

Although I bought the small PM9 because I wanted a "small" gun for CC options (like pockets), it would be nice to "dress it up" if my carry situation can accomodate a longer grip.