PDA

View Full Version : Decal Grip

P-Denny
10-21-2009, 08:58 AM
I recently bought a set of rubber decal grips from kahrshop.com for my PM9, and after putting them on, was unimpressed. The edges felt sharp, the texture was abrasive, and they didn't feel like they were going to stay put. Since they cost me eleven bucks though, I decided to try them for awhile. Now, a week later, they're staying put, and I "think" I like them! The sharpness & abrasiveness has pretty much disappeared, and they do give me a better grip on the gun. Does anybody else have a comment about them?

For anyone who buys a set, I have a couple thoughts. First, when cutting the bottom of the grips along the perforation to fit the PM9, I'd recommend also rounding the corners. I think I also had to cut mine almost 1/8" shorter in order for them to fit properly. You can just make sure they fit well, before tearing off the backing to apply them. Also, I have no use for the piece for the trigger guard. I applied it as shown in the instructions, but found it dug into the side of my top finger. Then I moved it forward and up the front of the trigger guard, but a few days later decided I like the gun better without it.

If you buy anything from kahrshop.com, I'd highly recommend buying the Kahr cap for $6 (that's what I was actually shopping for when I bought the grips). I expected something fairly cheap for $6, but it's an excellent quality cap that is holding its shape well.

(No, I don't have any affiliation with kahrshop.com!)

Denny

Dietrich
10-21-2009, 02:23 PM
Thanks P-Denny.I`ve been thinking about some rubber grips but I wanted to hear what someone else thought of them first. I bought a set for my Bersa Thunder .380 and loved them but for some reason I was hesitant about the Kahr.

border bandit32
10-21-2009, 04:53 PM
Yeah, I ordered the kahr cap too and was impressed, I have paid alot more for caps that weren't near the quality or looks of the Kahr cap, ordered a t-shirt to but have never got it...on backorder:cool:

Raoul
10-21-2009, 06:14 PM
FWIW, i bought the Kahr cap last year. It has held up very well. It's definitely a good buy.

Bigcube
10-24-2009, 06:24 AM
Nice report. I've been thinking about getting some. I wasn't sure if I wanted sand or rubber? I'm betting the rubber would hold up better?

earle8888
10-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Have had "Decals" on my P-45 for a few years and love um

copterdrvr
10-10-2010, 01:46 PM
I use these grips on a few of my pistols-they make 'em for a bunch of guns as well as sheets to cut your own.

I use the rubber ones and they are AWESOME!

Tractiongrips: fit Kahr CW9 and CW40 (http://www.tractiongrips.com/catalog/i10.html)

garyb
10-14-2010, 02:52 PM
I've got a Kahr cap too and it is excellent quailty and an especially good buy at $5. I ordered Agrips for my PM40 from www.ccwsupply.biz (http://www.ccwsupply.biz) but they have not arrived and I can't get anyone from this company to respond to my inquiry. Anyone done business with these folks? They won't reply to phone voice messages or emails to give me an update. Tx.

garyb
10-21-2010, 08:36 AM
I just put Agrips on my PM40, purchased from www.cpwsa.com (http://www.cpwsa.com) which is run by Chris Patty out of Georgia (1-800-691-9085). He was very prompt at getting them delivered to me and his prices are good. They only require a few minutes of prep and total of about 10 minutes to install. They stick and conform very well, look good and feel great. They are custom cut, so minimal razor blade trimming at the bottom of the grip is all that is required...a quick and simple project.

I have read where some guys don't like the "spongy" feel, but I don't feel that at all. It is a personal preference whether you want sharp edges or a smooth, warm, soft leathery feel. The material is ultra thin (leather smell) on a ultra thin black rubbery bonding material that adheres tremendously and conforms nicely to take out any sharp edges. I understand the grip can be taken off with no residue and is good even with sweaty hands, but I will need to wait until next summer to see if this is true.

I am considering purchasing more of the Agrip sheet material to install on the bottom of the mags to get rid of the stainless look and make them match the Agrip on the PM. They may provide a little more grip on the 6 round extension.
Good product!