PDA

View Full Version : Glockman in a Kahr world

triggerman357
10-27-2009, 09:09 PM
This weekend I traded one of my Glocks for a PM9. I've read good and bad, now its time for me to see for myself. I haven't had a chance to hit the range, but I will before the week is out. So far I'm very impressed with its size and ease of carry. I hope it's accuracy impresses me too.

Dietrich
10-28-2009, 04:54 AM
I hope that things work out to your satisfaction.What model Glock did you trade? I also have a PM9 and a Glock 19.I like them both for different reasons but I think you`ll be impressed with the Kahr`s accuracy.Good luck.

zena
10-28-2009, 05:52 AM
I owned a Glock 17 before my Kahr and I much prefer the Kahr. All the mechanics of the gun just work better for me. My Glock is in a lonely dark corner of the safe. Hardly sees the light of day.

jocko
10-28-2009, 06:10 AM
u adjust yourself to the kahr looooong but totally smooth trigger, I think you will love that little gun. Kahr trigger system and glock trigger systems are totally different as you will find out.

I still today shoot my G19 better than my PM9 but I understand why to. both for me are extremely accurate and IMO the little PM9 is a close up personal gun so 20yards groups to me mean nothing.

Nice thing I think you wilf ind is that you don't have to dress to carry your PM9, It can ride in your front pocket with ease.

READ THE MANUAL. use the slide lock release lever to load the first round until you get very good at racking the slide, or other wise it will ftf on u alot in the beginning. Kahr states 200 rounds for good proper break in and I do think that holds true to. Your PM9 will work perfect out of the box but for sure after 200 + rounds it will smooth out so much more, that you will think you got another gun even...

Bigcube
10-28-2009, 03:18 PM
I think you will like it, make sure you put a bunch of rounds though it as stated above. I had a G-19 and sold it once I got the PM9. The G-19 was nice, not much smaller than my Taurus pt99 and I hated the glock trigger. The only thing you will miss about the glock is the number of rounds in the mag :ohmy: Welcome to the club.

jocko
10-28-2009, 03:46 PM
I think you will like it, make sure you put a bunch of rounds though it as stated above. I had a G-19 and sold it once I got the PM9. The G-19 was nice, not much smaller than my Taurus pt99 and I hated the glock trigger. The only thing you will miss about the glock is the number of rounds in the mag :ohmy: Welcome to the club.

I got a great action job on my G19, it is my best shooter by far over any gun I have ever owned. I never was a great shooter or even a good shooter but my G19 makes me smile alot. The worst out of the box trggier I ever encountered wasmy Smith and Wesson M & P 9, but after Dave bowie did his magic to it, it was an entirely different gun, but I still went back to my g19...

triggerman357
10-28-2009, 09:17 PM
I hope that things work out to your satisfaction.What model Glock did you trade? I also have a PM9 and a Glock 19.I like them both for different reasons but I think you`ll be impressed with the Kahr`s accuracy.Good luck.

I Traded a G36 plus accessories. We both were fairly happy with our trade. He has an MK9 so the PM9 had to go. I recently scored a G30SF so the G36 needed to go.