View Full Version : K9 with TI finish?

gunmut
12-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Saw a K9 today at the gun show; it was a AH**** serial number. Can anyone tell me what the TI finish is, and how old this gun may be.

I may go to the shop that had this gun at the show and buy it if you guys can tell something about it. The asking price was $395 and it looks to be in great shape.
:confused:

ripley16
12-05-2010, 08:23 PM
Probably refers to Birdsong's finish, used on some early K9s.
http://www.black-t.com/

Sounds like a good price to me.

Bawanna
12-05-2010, 08:49 PM
I concur. Sounds like Birdsong to me also. If it's decent at all I think thats a good price too.

jocko
12-06-2010, 05:00 AM
I would say around 1996 era and you have a carbon steel slide, no stainless, not sure if kahr did that type of finish back then but a phone call might get an answer. Price seems OK, just remember, NO WARRANTY on gun, non stainless ( if that means anything to you)

Older style dovetail in the slide which limits you to some sight systems.
Other than that, it should be a shooter. It will have the NYPD trigger in it also, which is still offered on the K9 today.
Probably could have walked out the dorr with it for $350.

gunmut
12-06-2010, 07:03 PM
Thanks All for the responses from everyone.

Sounds like it might make a good shooter for the price. I will see if $350 is a go!

This hunt for a new gun is about as much fun as having the the gun....almost!
:roll:

Bawanna
12-06-2010, 07:16 PM
The hunt can be awesome. Just don't let impatience cloud your powers of common sense. Sometimes buying a gun in person is like buying a car or a pickup, it's good to take someone along that doesn't care one iota to help do the deal. You say deal, lets do the paper, your pal says nope we're out of here, knock off another 50.
Hard to kick shins when your in love or lust or need or want.

gunmut
12-10-2010, 04:56 PM
$350 was not a go:(.
You are correct about always be ready to walk; I didn't have anyone with me to help but I have learned that a better deal is always just around the bend.
;)

jocko
12-10-2010, 05:24 PM
well now you just must decide if the gun is worht the extra 50 bucks . Personally for me knowing what I know about this gun already, I would walk away and wait for a later version, u will pay more, but you will get more. There will be all kinds of good deals after Jan 1, when bills have to be paid yadda yadda

JohnR
12-13-2010, 07:01 AM
Lots of used SS K-9s on Gunbroker these days for $450 to $489 (plus transfer fees and shipping).

gunmut
12-17-2010, 07:31 PM
Just plan to keep my powder dry and wait for a good deal; If one doesn't trun up soon I will just make one happen!

My granddaughter wants a X-box and she just about has me convinced it will make a great investment....

I did see a CW45 in great shape for $370, I got a few of those but can you every have too many?:o