kyletx1911
12-30-2010, 05:07 AM
my tommy is only 4 mos old less than 1k in it and was costly so i call cs
and thet tell me that i have to pay for a round trip, for a broken extractor
got it brand new called and asked about a stick that came with it, that dosent
work and they wont replace it either:33: i am a little peeved:mad:

PaiN
12-30-2010, 07:13 AM
I'd get a CS manager involved....Sounds like you are not being unreasonable, so keep barking up the "chain of command" until you get where you want.
Taurus just tried to pull the same thing with me for a less then 1 year old PT709 that developed issues last month. The CS rep. tried to get me to pay for shipping, I asked to speak with a manager..she put me on hold a minute..came back on saying she was sending a FedEx shipping label or I could have it picked up.... ;)

Some other members here might even have some names for you to ask for when you call back.

Bawanna
12-30-2010, 12:29 PM
I don't know anyone at thompson yet! I wonder if you could replace that extractor yourself if they sent you one? I know a Tommy is heavy as heck so shipping would be a costly affair but maybe necessary. I know I took mine all apart quite some time back and I don't know if that extractor requires some fitting.
Above all I always say be nice in your contacts, try an email or move up the chain but always be nice. Angry gets you no where.
I think they should replace the stick also and I'd keep trying.
Maybe over the weekend I can rebond with my tommy and look things over. Been awhile since I even held it and showed it love. It's due.
Don't give up, we gotta get that Tommy back on the track.

JustinN
12-30-2010, 12:44 PM
Bawanna, if you're neglecting you're thompson feel free to send it my way and I'll show it all the TLC it could want....heck I might even trade you it for a P45 ;P

Bawanna
12-30-2010, 02:43 PM
I know I deserve to be horse whipped. If adoption proceedings begin I'll put you at the top of the list.
In my recent weakened condition I should probably pack it around and build me strength back up. I think it's under the 15# max, (barely). I have it where I can see it and I notice that it has a fine layer of dust, no doubt coco bolo so I should dust er off for sure.

kyletx1911
12-30-2010, 04:38 PM
I know I deserve to be horse whipped. If adoption proceedings begin I'll put you at the top of the list.
In my recent weakened condition I should probably pack it around and build me strength back up. I think it's under the 15# max, (barely). I have it where I can see it and I notice that it has a fine layer of dust, no doubt coco bolo so I should dust er off for sure.thanks sir but finding a good home
i get first dibbs since i already have one:D

WMD
12-31-2010, 01:54 PM
my tommy is only 4 mos old less than 1k in it and was costly so i call cs
and thet tell me that i have to pay for a round trip, for a broken extractor
got it brand new called and asked about a stick that came with it, that dosent
work and they wont replace it either:33: i am a little peeved:mad:

I find that hard to believe. Are you sure the CS folks understood the gun is only 4 months old? Kahr CS usually picks up shipping on new guns with issues. I would call again. something doesn't sound right.

jocko
12-31-2010, 03:04 PM
maybe u need to go one person higher, I would not settle for that answer at all PERIOD. I might agree to pay one way and they the other but again a 4 month old weaon shold be co0vered ROUND TRIP..

i am a little peeved No piss-d would be a better word..

kyletx1911
12-31-2010, 03:55 PM
ok just got the round trip ticket fedex is going to pick it up
this week so we will see off to a good start though

BuckeyeBlast
02-20-2011, 05:30 PM
How did things end up?

jocko
02-20-2011, 05:48 PM
question for u tommy owners. Are the kahrs any better than the company that basicallymade them before they were bought out??? Would u buy one again???? Is the drum magazine OK in these kahr tommys???. Are they ammo sensitive????

Bawanna
02-20-2011, 07:03 PM
question for u tommy owners. Are the kahrs any better than the company that basicallymade them before they were bought out??? Would u buy one again???? Is the drum magazine OK in these kahr tommys???. Are they ammo sensitive????

buckeyeblast, last report all was good. They fixed everything his sight, the mag and the ejector. They paid the tab. Happy camper.

Jocko,
I wouldn't say they are ammo sensitive but the modified stick magazines are or can be finicky. The stick that came with mine works well. The 3 or 4 I ordered later from elsewhere and modified are touch and go. I'm not spending any time with them since I want to follow Ghostsoldiers lead and modify my mag catch so I can use unmodified mags. Since they have to be getting shorter and shorter in supply, none made since WWII I don't want to deface anymore.
Once I do that (and I'm a little scared) I'll do what I have to to make them work. The way a Tommy feeds it almost has to go and the bolt is slamming home like a 24# sledge hammer.
I haven't even tried my drum yet. It looks cool and make a great way to display the gun on a table but it's a nuisance to remove with the third hand and everything. I'll try it someday.