View Full Version : Magazine feeding issue?

BobR
12-31-2010, 04:32 PM
Took the Kahrs out to the range today, and I ran into a problem that I think may have been operator error, but I thought I would run it by you all.

I spent the first half of the session breaking in my K9 elite 98, and my wife shot my MK9, and we swapped for the second half. I had no issues with the standard 7 round mags that came with it, although I had an initial feeding problem with an 8 round extended mag I had just bought. WHen my wife was loading and shooting her mags, she twice had a problem with the 7 round mags, in that the slide locked back on shot #6, the 7th round not feeding. This happened twice with both mags. I think it might have been the way the mag was loaded, as it did not happen to me, nor did it happen the last time she shot the mag, with me leading her through the loading process. The rounds were round nosed FMJ.

Has this happened to anyone else? What might be going on? Also, has anybody else had a problem with Kahr factory made 8 rnd mags? I had mentioned on the K9 forum the issue I had initially with seating the mag - although it seated decently after the first time I seated it at the range today.

cam1
12-31-2010, 10:58 PM
Bobr,

I own a pm9 and have had problems with the 7 round mags. It comes with a 6 round mag and a 7 round mag. There must be something up with the extended mags. I find that i push on the bottom of the 7 round mag and it pushes the bullet into the feed ramp. I am sticking with my 6 round mags as i haven't had a problem with FTF.

jocko
01-01-2011, 05:38 AM
I have a 7 rounder that came with my PM9 and I think I hav eused it about once or twice. it worked but I hate that magazine. The 7 rounders in the smaller frame kahrs seemto give issues and for me, I would just buy another 6 rounder and forget about it. Not a magazine I would wantto be carrying anyway, it is butt ugly and if you bought a PM89 u bought it for concealability, so stick with the flush fits 6 rounder..

BobR
01-01-2011, 08:01 AM
Hi Guys, Thanks for the advice. I may not have clearly described the problem, however.

THe problem my wife encountered was with the standard 7 round magazines for use in the K9 series, in a K9 - I haven't had the issue with the same mags in the same pistol. The 8 round extended mag for the K9, however, is problematic.

I cannot use a 6 rnd flush plate mag in a K9, as they are too short.

The funny thing is that the 7 round extended mags that come with the MK 9 have given no issue in the MK 9. You can't use them in a K9, however