PDA

View Full Version : Creating an iPhone app for reloading - need input

JustinN
01-03-2011, 09:02 PM
I am in the process of writing an iphone app (and possibly droid) as a way to make some extra money to help buy more guns or my own reloading equipment...

Anyway, I'm wondering what all important information would you guys look for in a reloading app for a phone - I am thinking a way to track all your reloads (bullet weight, amount of powder, etc) for future reference, ballistics data for certain loads, cost tracking (what you paid for primers, bullets, powder - showing cost per round, etc)...

What do you guys think? Would something like that be useful, or would anyone want to be able to have that kin of thing with them all the time? I was thinking having it at the range you could make notes, etc about your loads as you used them...

Bawanna
01-04-2011, 10:19 AM
I think it would be a great idea. It would be right handy to have all that info with you when your wandering thru a shop to so you'd remember what you might need or what you paid at another place to compare.

I dont have an Iphone so I have to stick with a little spiral binder that I usually forget to write stuff in.

Winchester has a app I believe but its more aimes at velocities and bullet drop and range estimation, that kind of stuff.

You could be onto something really good here.

I'm gonna transfer my reloading data over to a new little mini laptop santa brought me. I gotta get office installed in the thing so I can play with excell which is about a computer technical and this ole clay farmer gets.

recoilguy
01-04-2011, 01:38 PM
I like the idea....i like being able to make note right on the phone. I would need it for Droid however.

RCG

JustinN
01-04-2011, 02:15 PM
I'd prolly try to roll it out for iphone and droid shortly after, though the language is different so adapting the code will be a bit of a trick I think....

Bawanna
01-04-2011, 02:59 PM
I'd love to help you but I don't even know what a droid is. Does that make me totally worthless? I know what a Iphone is, probably not how to work it but I know what it is, I wasn't born yesterday.

JustinN
01-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Definitely not worthless....just imagine:

If you had an electronic device to help you with your reloading, what would you want it to keep track of, figure out, etc?

100percent
01-08-2011, 09:44 PM
I always look up any of my loads in my loading books.

I figure that even one typo is too many. Someone blows up their gun in their face and you might be at fault.

jlottmc
01-09-2011, 03:36 PM
I would go for it on the android OS and a shot timer too. Then again, I need to re-acquire the stuff to reload (I'm still digging that hand press) and remember how to do it; it's been a few years since I have.