PDA

View Full Version : Tagua Holsters

PaiN
01-08-2011, 06:22 PM
When I was picking up the K9 the shop had a brand of holsters, hand made in Paraguay, called Tagua...it was only $24 so I grabbed one for the pistol.
The leather and craftsmanship seemed very good for the price, its made for the Kahr K/P/CW line and the fit was perfect.
I wore all day and was very comfortable, its already softening up and fitting better. But something had to give for $24..right? The clip was a POS and lost tension already :mad: I thought about retuning it but remembered I have an extra clip from a DeSantis Stealth I don't carry but use in the nightstand. Took some elbow grease to get though, but once in it was a nice fit. I have a few more weeks to wait on the Don Hume so we'll see how it goes between now and then with this one.
To anyone considering a Tagua (http://www.taguagunleather.com/new/home), know that the leather is good but the clips are total crap.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x298/Mikepain_pics/Kahr%20K9/DSC03155.jpg
with the DeSantis clip
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x298/Mikepain_pics/DSC03163.jpg

btw: I wrote a directly to the Tagua leather company tonight as I feel drawing your gun and having the holster come out with it can be a very dangerous situation. I'll post up any reply or action I get from them.

kahrseye
01-08-2011, 06:52 PM
They're pretty good holsters. I bought a Tagua paddle holster for my PM45 on Ebay. Works well and seems well made.

jfrey
01-08-2011, 08:38 PM
My Tagua quick slide has been great. It is just as good as any of the high dollar names. Having belt loops on the holster I don't have to contend with clip problems. They have a lifetime guarantee, so send it back. They will make it good.

PaiN
01-09-2011, 04:41 AM
True, the leather work is really nice and its a comfortable, great fitting, good looking holster. That's why I took the time to make it usable and write the company.
The LGS had a racks of Taguas.... I'm going back there to look for an all leather scabbard type for my P220.

O'Dell
01-09-2011, 10:42 AM
I have a belt model and it just about my favorite holster. It will fit several of my pistols and seems well made.

PaiN
01-19-2011, 04:57 AM
Too update this....The holster itself is doing well, the leather has broken-in nicely and it has a great draw/retention level. The Desantis clip works, but needed a little "bending" on the inside portion so as not too grip my pants when removing the holster but has other wise works without issue.
I've have not heard back form Tagua on the matter of the clip failure...which tells me their CS is crap and they have little concern for customer needs or their product beyond the sale. I won't be supporting Tagua in the future.

jfrey
01-19-2011, 09:31 AM
I don't understand the CS problems lately. The first holster I got had apparently been swapped in packaging in the store as it was for a 1911 instead of a Kahr. There is a little difference in the two. I sent the first one back to tagua and they offered to replace it. I got an email from them that they only had balck and it would be a while before they got any brown one. I found another brown one at the store I got it at in the first place and emailed Tagua. They contacted the store and worked it out with them to honor the warranty. Couldn't ask for much more than that.

PaiN
01-21-2011, 04:10 PM
The holster itself is damn good. Its quite excellent with the DiSantis holding it on my belt. I do practice drills everyday and I am happy with the setup, I've decided I'm going to cancel my order for the Don Hume 715BS, no sense in spending money when I have a setup that works.

PaiN
02-09-2011, 01:51 PM
I guess my order never got "fully" canceled...Gunner's Alley just called me and said my black Don Hume 715 w/ body shield is in. What the hell? I had them ship it to me.. I'll compare the two and keep the one I like best.

dorangolv
12-16-2013, 07:05 PM
All good info to know. I am looking at a Tagua 4-in-1 Holster for my P45 that can be worn
1) Cross draw
2) IWB
3) OWB
4) Small Of Back

What size belt does it require? 1 1/2", 1 3/4"?

ParanoidMedic
12-19-2013, 09:57 PM
All good info to know. I am looking at a Tagua 4-in-1 Holster for my P45 that can be worn
1) Cross draw
2) IWB
3) OWB
4) Small Of Back

What size belt does it require? 1 1/2", 1 3/4"?

Their website doesn't even show that type of holster unfortunately. That would be a really nice rig.

Yogi 117
12-20-2013, 09:03 AM
Their website doesn't even show that type of holster unfortunately. That would be a really nice rig.
Here ya go, Tagua's site does list the 4-in-1 holster. :D

http://www.taguagunleather.com/new/iph4-r-4in1-inside-the-pants-holster-w-snap-p103

I have the IWB Tagua for my CM9, Glock26 & Glock30. They do the job intended for a very reasonable price.

dorangolv
12-20-2013, 09:36 PM
You can get one with, or without the thumb break retaining strap.
http://www.taguagunleather.com/new/iph4-4in1-inside-the-pants-holster-p102

ParanoidMedic
12-20-2013, 09:57 PM
When I did my search for that 4 position holster, I only searched the OWB style.
I run a OWB Tagua w/thumb break for my CW45, nice holster. I definitely feel that I got more bang for my bucks.

dorangolv
12-29-2013, 06:45 PM
When I did my search for that 4 position holster, I only searched the OWB style.
I run a OWB Tagua w/thumb break for my CW45, nice holster. I definitely feel that I got more bang for my bucks.

You and I were talking to ronbo about his Tagua OWB thumb break holster he had for sale. I finally made up my mind to buy it and found someone else beat me to it.
snooze = lose.