PDA

View Full Version : Another ammo question - Corbon Pwrball - Like It?

PM9 Convert
11-09-2009, 08:01 AM
20rds - 9mm Corbon Pow'RBall 100gr. +P Ammo

Anyone use this round and like it? I just asked a question about Speer Gold Dots, but I have a penetration concern. I live right behind an elementary school for one. Next, I want the rounds to stay in the bad guy and not overpenetrate, etc.

Speer Gold Dots may be the premier ammo for law enforecement, but they have different issues to deal with such as having to shoot at a car or windshield, so they may need that extra few inches of penetration. I don't have those concerns, at least not right now.

I am not trying to start a discussion about which ammo is the best, and I know everyone will have their own opinion.

So do you like it?

jocko
11-09-2009, 11:07 AM
I like um both, If a gun won't shoot power ball, it won;'t shoot anything. Gold dots are an awesome round IMO. I shoot um both along with the dpx round also. Partial though to gold dots.

but I just ordered from corbon 2 boxes of 9mm powerball, so go figure.

steve666
11-10-2009, 07:44 AM
My HK4 is a finickey eater. It wouldn't feed a hollow point round, but PowrBall works fine.

Dietrich
11-10-2009, 02:58 PM
I`ve used Powerball in my Glock 19 and my PM9 and I have no complaints about it at all. I also like Corbon`s DPX round as well.All are suitable for self defense rounds in the cc community.If you are worried about over penetration,you might want to take a look at Hornady`s Critical Defense ammunition.It is very good ammo that is similar to the Powerball round.

zena
11-10-2009, 06:27 PM
I use the Speer Gold Dot for carry and lots of reloads for practice. I'm too cheap to try other ammo once I've found one I like and the gun likes. :madgrin: