PDA

View Full Version : T9 trigger not showing is it an issue?

stashu
11-15-2009, 05:49 AM
Hi everyone,new here

Currently I am in the market for a nice 9mm. I am looking at a CZ 75B, BUT it has been many months and it seems they are not available in SS as of yet.
Since this waiting time I have been looking at the Karh T9. I love the stainless steel finish on guns. One question puzzles me. I like to see the trigger pulled back and be sure or it's cocked and locked. It's hard to see if the hammer is back on the T9. It it a issue with you?----I like to look at a gun like a revolver, or other gun and to actually see if the trigger is pulled back to not, is this not done with the T9?

Also is the finish a satin one or matt?-----I like the finish like the ruger GP100,a nice stain finish,although shiny is ok,but matt is not preferred.

Thanks!!

stashu

ripley16
11-15-2009, 06:22 AM
The Kahr T9 is a double action ONLY, striker fired pistol. That means the trigger is in the same position whether cocked or uncocked. The T9 does not have a hammer and the firing mechanism, the striker, is not visible.

The finish is Matte Stainless.

The T9 may not be the pistol you are seeking.

The CZ75b does come in stainless. It sounds like the pistol you are after.
Here's one for sale on Gunbroker.
CZ 75B Stainless Frame/Slide 9mm (NEW IN THE BOX) : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com (http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=146099953)

stashu
11-15-2009, 06:26 AM
Thanks for informing me on the T9 trigger issues. Never had a striker/type gun and I needed some input.

Stashu

flinch
11-17-2009, 08:22 PM
It is however, one of the sweeeetest trigger pulls known to man.

jocko
11-18-2009, 06:05 AM
Thanks for informing me on the T9 trigger issues. Never had a striker/type gun and I needed some input.

Stashu

hammer guns are double action on he first shot and then single action on the remaining shots. Your kahr are always double action, no saftey's other than their loooong but smooth trigger. Aim, pull shoot, one of the simplies made guns I have ever owned. Nothing wrong with the CZ but I would take a kahr any day of the week..:der:t

Probably IMO u would shoot the CZ more accurate (after the first shoot) due to it being then single action.

ripley16
11-22-2009, 05:59 PM
The Kahr T9 is a double action ONLY, striker fired pistol.

I think I made a mistake in calling the Kahr a DAO trigger. It performs no double action... most striker fired gun's triggers don't. A DAO trigger should have the capability of shooting without any other action taking place. The Kahr trigger does one thing and one thing only...release the striker...making it a single action.

There are single action hammer fired, DA/SA hammer fired, and DAO hammer fired.
There are SA striker fired, DA/SA striker fired, but I'm not sure there is a DAO striker pistol out there. At least I can't think of one.

johnh
11-28-2009, 12:46 PM
I have always thought that the DAO term was thrown around too much. To me it does suggest a full double-action stroke is all that is possible (hence the "only"). In many cases this is not what is happening, even with some DAO pistols that are hammer fired.

John

jocko
11-28-2009, 03:08 PM
I have always thought that the DAO term was thrown around too much. To me it does suggest a full double-action stroke is all that is possible (hence the "only"). In many cases this is not what is happening, even with some DAO pistols that are hammer fired.

John

to that ,,, that double action revolvers, are actually going to the next cylinder and not staying there pounding the primer time and time again...

INDYFAN
01-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Interesting - I thought the Kahr was like the glock - when the gun is in battery the striker is partially cocked, then the dao trigger finishes the cocking of the striker and releases it. Is the Kahr different?
I haven't yet bought a Kahr, but I am getting real close to pulling the trigger on that decision. Reeeeaaal close!

wyntrout
01-28-2010, 07:43 PM
Until the Kahrs, I've always tried to stick with the SS DA/SA action pistols like my S&W 645 and Walther TPH. First shot can be DA (usually not the greatest pull) or SA by cocking the hammer. Subsequent shots are SA like the 1911. It CAN come in handy if another trigger pull fires the round that didn't go off the first pull... like I did with my .22 TPH the other day.
I love the Kahr as a defense weapon and I'm trying to get better at "target shooting" with tighter groups. I do have a problem with jerking and I can really see that dry-firing with a snap cap. I can pull the trigger correctly, but I have to concentrate on doing so. The discharge and recoil mask what I'm doing and the target groups tell the truth with groups at the 7 to 8 o'clock position... about 4 to 5 inches from my aiming point. I can adjust my aiming point, but I really want to aim at and hit the same point.:o
Wynn

I did have one 1911-type pistol for a few years -- a Para Ordnance P12 with night sights -- great for late-night walking my dog... until he died... and later I wanted a new stereo receiver, so I sold that gun. It was nice, but it wasn't stainless... and it was too large for everyday CCW. I already have my S&W 645 and K9 for home defense. And I was carrying my totally inadequate .22 TPH... until I heard about the P380. I still don't have one and IF I can switch to a black-slide one, I won't mind waiting a bit longer than the already 10 months for the N/S version! Since I got my PM9... that is.:)

jfrey
01-28-2010, 08:34 PM
wyntrout, it sounds to me from your description, you are pushing the trigger from having too much finger on it. That is why your groups are to the left and low. Most 1911 shooters find this out too. The trigger on the Kahr is fairly wide and comfortable. Try putting the center of the pad on your index finger (not the joint) in the middle of the trigger and pull it straight back. This should improve your point of impact and group size. You also need to be sure your finger is up high on the trigger and not down on the tip. Too far down on the tip of the trigger will get your finger pinched too.

Try it out and see if it makes any difference.

wyntrout
01-28-2010, 09:00 PM
Yeah, I realize that after working a bit with the snapcap. I think that I squeeze with my whole hand.. in a jerking sort of way.:o I can't wait to try out that Double Tap and see how my polishing the ramps helped, if any. Shooting would be a lot less expensive if I could settle on one type of defense ammo. FMJ doesn't give me any problems... except maybe more "sooty" grime on the guns.
This two-handed, offhand DAO action is quite different from sitting at a concrete shooting station with a good rest and an accurate revolver, shooting single-action and blowing the bottoms out of cans at 50 yards. And I still have to try single and weak-hand shooting!
Wynn:D

jwr
01-28-2010, 09:18 PM
I think I made a mistake in calling the Kahr a DAO trigger. It performs no double action...
Kahr's manual, at least for the CW9, refers to the action as DAO:

Trigger cocking DAO; lock breech; "Browning - type" recoil lug; passive striker block; no magazine disconnect

My (limited) understanding is that the trigger is performing two actions--fully cocking and then releasing the striker. The "O" in DAO simply means that it cannot be cocked manually and then fired SA. Is this not correct?

ripley16
01-28-2010, 10:12 PM
Kahr's manual, at least for the CW9, refers to the action as DAO:

This is true, however the problem I have with calling the Kahr trigger DAO is that I associate that with restrike capability...the two actions being cocking and firing...a pull of the trigger accomplished those two actions. The Kahr trigger cannot recock the gun on it's own, that must be done by the user.

I know this is splitting hairs and matters to no one, but I can't help but think of the Kahr as a SAS, a single action striker, as opposed to some of the DA strikers available that can be decocked yet still fire by simply pulling the trigger.

Prior to owning a Kahr, every DAO pistol I've owned meant pulling the trigger made the gun fire. These are all hammer fired, revolver like in feel and operation. It doesn't make sense to describe my Kahr trigger the same way I describe my Seecamp trigger...it is apples and oranges... that's just how I look at it.

wyntrout
01-28-2010, 11:51 PM
Without looking it up, the way I understand the Kahr action, is that the slide moving to the rear only partially cocks the striker. Pulling the trigger completes cocking the striker and fires the pistol. Not having to do all of the cocking, the trigger pull is smoother. It's not like a revolver having to index the cylinder and **** the hammer. (I wonder if these uses of c*ck are being "censored"?) Anyhow, it makes for a nice easier trigger pull... if a bit long compared to single-action releasing the hammer
Wynn:).

jwr
01-29-2010, 11:18 AM
I know this is splitting hairs and matters to no one, but I can't help but think of the Kahr as a SAS, a single action striker, as opposed to some of the DA strikers available that can be decocked yet still fire by simply pulling the trigger.
I know it doesn't really matter to most folks but I think it's a very interesting conversation and enjoy learning the details.

I have a Springfield XD which is a true SAS. The slide fully cocks the gun and then the trigger simply releases the striker. What's interesting to me is that the XD does not really file like my hammer-fired SA's (to me) but it has a MUCH shorter pull than the CW9.

Because of the this the CW9, with it's very long pull and reset, certainly feels like a true DA. But at the same time I understand your point about the Kahr's requiring some slide action *before* they can be fully cocked by the trigger pull--something I hadn't thought much about.

These are just my own thoughts on the matter and I realize they may not be shared by others.

jocko
01-29-2010, 12:55 PM
if u get a no fire and move your kahr slide back no more than a 1/4" you can now refire it again.