View Full Version : New K9 owner with pics!

zombie
02-23-2011, 08:26 PM
Hello all, I recently held a Kahr K9 in my local shop and loved the small size and DAO trigger, I ordered one on the spot and it finally arrived:

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4crfm/k9-2.jpg

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4crfm/k9-1.jpg

I couldn't wait to dress her up and had to install some wood grips and a stainless guide rod to complete the look. I shot about 100 rounds so far of 115gr CCI Al cased ammo, slide locked back prematurely a few times during the first 20 or so rounds but shot flawlessly through the remaining rounds. Being a revolver guy I love the loooong but smooth DAO trigger too! Love everything about the gun so far and it's great to be here :D

Bawanna
02-23-2011, 08:36 PM
Very nice. You dressed it up pretty. Glad you found us.

eastenn
02-23-2011, 08:49 PM
looking good..now get on the kahr web site and order the stainless mag baseplate for the pm9 and that will just set it off

Willieboy
02-23-2011, 10:17 PM
Now that's a beautiful thing. Congratulations.

apheod
02-23-2011, 11:10 PM
man those things look sick with wood grips. humbles my pm9.

Decado
02-24-2011, 05:00 AM
Is that stainless or DLC?

jocko
02-24-2011, 05:31 AM
keep an eye on that slide locking back thing, about the only two things that will cause that on a K9 or K40 is #1 YOUR THUMB IS BUMPING IT. #2 Certain rounds might be hitting the inside of the slide stop lever and causing premature engaging of the slide. go the kahr tech section and hit on the Propper prepping of your new kahr thread. there are some tips there that might help you also. Also the kahr lube chart in the kahr tech section is a must. Nice gun. probably one of the nicest guns on the market also. I would also bet that your new kahr comes with the elite trigger in it now to as all K's are being shipped with the elite trigger unless special ordered with the NYPD trigger, which a few months back was completely the opposite.

ripley16
02-24-2011, 05:49 AM
Outstanding first post, bought a new gun and provided pictures! Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your new Kahr.

MrToad
02-24-2011, 07:20 AM
Very nice!

I should be a member of the K series today or tomorrow, and I'll post some pics too when the K40 arrives. It won't (yet) have the nice wood grips.

zombie
02-24-2011, 06:23 PM
Thanks for all the comments, I will definitely check out the stainless mag baseplates as well!

It does say stainless on the slide, not sure what dlc is, how do I tell the difference :confused:

I believe my model came with the NYPD trigger according to the label on the case. My revolvers have a similiar long pull though so I feel quite at home with it.

I also polished up the barrel hood, crown, trigger, slide stop lever and guide rod.

And from what I've read from other posts, the edge on the ejection port opening is indeed very sharp, so I took a diamond point bit on my dremel and carefully ran it along the edge a few times, it feels a bit smoother there now.

Also I recall a pic of another Kahr with a jeweled barrel hood, I think I could really go for that look! Would any decent gunsmith be able to do that job on my barrel, what would be a reasonable cost?

eastenn
02-24-2011, 07:18 PM
dlc is kahr's diamond like coating, the black kahr slides (new models anyway) are the dlc coated slides. yours is simply stainless, which looks great imo.

to jewel it requires a special jig. if your gunsmith has the jig I wouldn't think he would charge much to just do the barrel hood. the jeweling would definitely give it a unique look

eagle12
02-24-2011, 08:22 PM
custom jewel shop did my k9 barrel they do great work!!

eastenn
02-24-2011, 08:26 PM
custom jewel shop did my k9 barrel they do great work!!

come on eagle you can't be tossing around statements like that without showing us some pics

eagle12
02-24-2011, 08:32 PM
I will tomorrow its late here and I am not to computer savey

Fishjager
03-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Congrats on a fine new pistol. After shoot Glocks for years I took the plunge sold my Glocks. Put a few more dollars in the Kitty and bought Kahrs to replace the Glocks. No regrets!:)

jocko
03-02-2011, 12:56 PM
I hope the jeweling stays on. Mine didn't on my PM9 and cylinder and slide did the work.