PDA

View Full Version : Appendix carry pic request

Willieboy
03-03-2011, 08:38 PM
Do any of you guys carry in the appendix position? If so, would you mind telling me about the holster you use? If you can, a picture would be great as well.

apheod
03-03-2011, 11:52 PM
i carry at about 1:30 position in a garrett silent thunder slim. its a kydex holster with a smooth side leather lining on the inside. its comfortable enough for me, but i have a flat stomach. its still not so comfortable as the way i carry my full sized HK at 4:30, but i feel more comfortED by it as i can get to it while seated or driving much easier and can draw faster standing up than i can from regular IWB carry.

PaiN
03-04-2011, 04:15 AM
I am a dedicated ItW appendix carrier. I carry a K9 in a straight drop Don Hume 715MWCS (http://www.gunnersalley.com/product/H715MWCS/Don-Hume-Clip-On-Inside-The-Waistband-Holster-with-Body-Shield-H715M-WCS.html) at ~1230-1oc dependent on the pants...This works great, like God designed that fold in my body to cradle a Kahr ....:)

Here's a write up I did here, on the two ItW holsters I used with the K9. Any of the DH 715s will work well and High Noon Holsters (http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/Belt_Holsters/Inside_The_Waistband/inside_the_waistband.html) also make some damn good products.
http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=5559

Internet Blohard
03-04-2011, 07:46 PM
I use this one:

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=89&osCsid=tvg0q0h2edvtp42t18638gern0

If you don't mind kydex, Comptac does a very nice job for a reasonable price. I carry around 2 o'clock and prefer the straight-up orientation of the piece. I like the ability to slide the clip from side to side to get the positioning Just Right with this holster. And with appendix carry, it is necessary to get it positioned Just Right.

It would be nice to have something that fits the gun as well in good leather, but that's just an expression of my taste. I also have the Don Hume shown above, but really don't like it as well as the Comptac.

The key to appendix carry is to have a relatively short barrel (say 3" or under)....longer barrels really don't work that well with this style of carry. So the PM/MK series works terrific for appendix as do the J frame 2" revolvers.

Jeremiah/Az
03-04-2011, 08:43 PM
Too close to the "package" for me. Remember, never point a gun at anything you don't want to destroy. LOL

Willieboy
03-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Thanks guys. I've been carrying my PM9 around today in the Remora. It seems to work out okay. I have a Mitch Rosen Clip and TT Gunleather reinforced AIWB holster on order.

I've also looked at Dale Fricke's Archangel, Ehud and Moab holsters. Everyone seems to like these holsters but, from what I've seen, the holsters are made for only the model with the longest barrel length. For example, you would have to carry your G26 in a holster made for a G17. Makes no sense to me to carry a short barreled gun in a holster made for a long barrel gun, especially in the appendix position.

apheod
03-04-2011, 09:53 PM
I use this one:

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=89&osCsid=tvg0q0h2edvtp42t18638gern0

If you don't mind kydex, Comptac does a very nice job for a reasonable price. I carry around 2 o'clock and prefer the straight-up orientation of the piece. I like the ability to slide the clip from side to side to get the positioning Just Right with this holster. And with appendix carry, it is necessary to get it positioned Just Right.

It would be nice to have something that fits the gun as well in good leather, but that's just an expression of my taste. I also have the Don Hume shown above, but really don't like it as well as the Comptac.

The key to appendix carry is to have a relatively short barrel (say 3" or under)....longer barrels really don't work that well with this style of carry. So the PM/MK series works terrific for appendix as do the J frame 2" revolvers.

check out the silent thunder slim, sounds like exactly what you're after. same basic design as that comp tac but with smooth side leather lining the inside of the kydex.

yqtszhj
03-05-2011, 08:09 PM
about 1:30 in a Don Hume IWB is where my CW9 rides. Most comfortable place for me. Except around Christmas if I ate too much turkey and ham that day.

JodyH
03-07-2011, 04:45 PM
I've also looked at Dale Fricke's Archangel, Ehud and Moab holsters. Everyone seems to like these holsters but, from what I've seen, the holsters are made for only the model with the longest barrel length. For example, you would have to carry your G26 in a holster made for a G17. Makes no sense to me to carry a short barreled gun in a holster made for a long barrel gun, especially in the appendix position.
Your information is incorrect on the Dale Fricke holsters.
I have Fricke Archangel's for my P2000, Glock 17 and Glock 19, all three are molded and cut for that specific pistol.

kahrking
03-07-2011, 06:24 PM
I have not found a better holster than the Jason Winnie holsters. I have a blk IWB thats made for appendix and I love it. I have never seen anything built like it. I like them so much I gave away my Galco, Mitch Rosen, and several others.

I will post pics once I figure out how! A pics worth a thousand words.

Its worth checking out for sure.

Willieboy
03-07-2011, 06:24 PM
I did not know that Jody. I hope you're right. The OneSourceTactical website says the opposite. It specifically states one will not receive a holster made specifically for the G26 but a holster made to fit all Glock 9mm pistols. Contradicting that statement is the dropdown box that does show specific Glock models. I'm left scratching my head.

For Kahr pistols, the drop down box just shows choices for Kahr 9s, 40s and 45s. No mention of specific pistol models.

Maybe the website is just screwed up. Well, maybe there's no maybe about it.

Willieboy
03-08-2011, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the pics Kahrking. That looks like a nice holster.

JodyH
03-08-2011, 04:04 PM
I did not know that Jody. I hope you're right. The OneSourceTactical website says the opposite. It specifically states one will not receive a holster made specifically for the G26 but a holster made to fit all Glock 9mm pistols. Contradicting that statement is the dropdown box that does show specific Glock models. I'm left scratching my head.

For Kahr pistols, the drop down box just shows choices for Kahr 9s, 40s and 45s. No mention of specific pistol models.

Maybe the website is just screwed up. Well, maybe there's no maybe about it.
OST just wants to limit the number of holsters they have to stock.
Email Dale directly and he'll make your holster anyway you want it.
http://www.dalefrickeholsters.com/

Sliebl
03-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Do any of you guys carry in the appendix position? If so, would you mind telling me about the holster you use?
My wife carries a S&W Bodyguard .380 at 11 o'clock for right-handed cross-draw. She uses a Remora, and likes that holster and position the best.

Willieboy
03-08-2011, 08:51 PM
Hey Jody. I spoke with Mr. Fricke today and he's going to make an Archangel especially for my PM9. I expect I'll be in Pig Heaven then.

Sliebl, I think it's great your wife carries. My wife would rather submit than fight back. I think that's because she grew up on Chicago's hoity-toity Northside rather than the Southside with me.

Sliebl
03-09-2011, 03:09 PM
Sliebl, I think it's great your wife carries. My wife would rather submit than fight back. I think that's because she grew up on Chicago's hoity-toity Northside rather than the Southside with me.
If you asked her a year ago if she would ever carry for self defense, she would have said, "No way!" She has always enjoyed shooting pistols, rifles, and 12ga (trap and skeet), and carrying just sort of "happened".

Sorry your wife would rather give up than fight back. Does she enjoy shooting at all? Get something that is easy to shoot, and maybe she'll take a liking to it? (Think Ruger Mark 2 or 3, with a red dot).

Good luck with that!

kahrking
03-10-2011, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the pics Kahrking. That looks like a nice holster.

No problem. The darn Kydex tends to make me sweat when its hot out. The leather just seems to do better, dont know why. Post pics when you get your new holster.

diver454
04-13-2011, 08:31 PM
www.highnoonholsters.com they have a number of appendix carry models. I use mr. Softy at 1:00

72guy
04-13-2011, 09:50 PM
Email Dale directly and he'll make your holster anyway you want it.
http://www.dalefrickeholsters.com/

Almost:

Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 8:11 AM
To: info@dalefrickeholsters.com (mhtml:{3494A829-6107-4178-9972-E5894CA99B70}mid://00000002/!x-usc:mailto:info@dalefrickeholsters.com)
Subject: Joab/Ehud for Kahr PM9 w/CTrace LG437

Dale,
Hello. I'm writing you to see if I can get a Joab or Ehud made for my PM9 with a Crimson Trace Laser?

---------------------
Hi,
I’m sorry I do not have the Kahr CT Laser in house. CT now wants me to buy operating leasers for all the gun models, I can’t do that...
Thank you,
Dale

Confusing? Albeit, Fricke lists the P9 and not the PM series.
One Source Tactical:

Inside the Waistband Holsters

Please note that all Dale Fricke Holsters can be custom-modified to fit any of the guns listed with a Crimson Trace Laser.
Please contact our office to customize your order at 928-776-4492.