PDA

View Full Version : Doomsday?

getsome
03-16-2011, 06:05 PM
Just saw this while over at another forum... Take the World Trade Center disaster date 9/11/2001 and add the Japan earthquake date 3/10/2011 and you get 12/21/2012....:eek::eek::eek::eek:...Maybe there's something to this Mayan calender end of time thing after all.....

REACT
03-16-2011, 06:09 PM
Actually, I get 12/21/4013. We're good.

Bawanna
03-16-2011, 07:34 PM
Yeah heck I'll be as old as Jocko and headed for a nursing home by then. No worries. Your good with them numbers, I had to use a calculator. Well thats a little white lie, its actually one of them chinese boards with all the little balls on it, just move the beads till you get em all and count em. Took a long time. Didn't bother to double check my work.

wyntrout
03-16-2011, 07:56 PM
I'm still wondering how React got 4013?? 2001+2011=4012... right? My degree was in Math, but I might have missed something??

Wynn:D

slowpoke
03-16-2011, 08:03 PM
Ah yer all wrong, Obama's guna wipe us all out.

BuckeyeBlast
03-16-2011, 08:27 PM
The prediction is that 2012 is going to be a year of great change. People have interpreted that to mean the end of the Earth.

Me, I'm looking forward to the great change in 2012.

http://steynian.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/oneterm.jpg?w=288&h=175

O'Dell
03-16-2011, 09:08 PM
I don't expect you'll see anything different on 12/21/2012 except maybe some confused Mayans.

REACT
03-16-2011, 09:28 PM
I'm still wondering how React got 4013?? 2001+2011=4012... right? My degree was in Math, but I might have missed something??

Wynn:D

So much for trying to be quick witted. You're right, it's 4012.

slowpoke
03-16-2011, 09:42 PM
So much for trying to be quick witted. You're right, it's 4012.
Well so much fer my edgeication, it went right by me too. :D

wyntrout
03-16-2011, 11:00 PM
Like it matters that much. That's still a long way off and I don't think we'll get too close to 2100. This planet might have imploded by then with all of the seismic activity.

Wynn:rolleyes:

OldLincoln
03-16-2011, 11:48 PM
Maybe so but take 9/11/01 and add the Japan earthquake date 3/10/11 and you get 12/21/12 !!!!!! Gasp, the dreaded millennium 2 digit year disaster strikes again - zonkers Batman!

slowpoke
03-17-2011, 07:04 AM
Maybe so but take 9/11/01 and add the Japan earthquake date 3/10/11 and you get 12/21/12 !!!!!! Gasp, the dreaded millennium 2 digit year disaster strikes again - zonkers Batman!
OH NO! Now you've done it. .:eek::eek::eek::eek:

MW surveyor
03-17-2011, 08:43 AM
All of us extra terrestrials where trying to keep this quiet!

O'Dell
03-17-2011, 12:05 PM
All of us extra terrestrials where trying to keep this quiet!

That explains a lot! Well, "Live long and Prosper" or "May the force be with you" or whatever.

deadhead1971
03-17-2011, 01:17 PM
I remember when Y2K hit. It was complete and total chaos with computer crashes, blackouts..etc..riots...zombies..

I guess I better stockpile again..

Bawanna
03-17-2011, 01:33 PM
Y2K was hysterical. Our entire dept less a skeleton crew to work the following day shift was required to be on duty and in the building.

We were here all night, I talked them into letting me go with an officer (on foot and chair) doing perimeter and campus patrols.
Fire dept next door fully manned and patrolled by us every half hour or so.

Not a single measly thing happened.

Kind of a let down. I think my tin foil hat is what saved us.

O'Dell
03-17-2011, 02:13 PM
Y2K was hysterical. Our entire dept less a skeleton crew to work the following day shift was required to be on duty and in the building.

We were here all night, I talked them into letting me go with an officer (on foot and chair) doing perimeter and campus patrols.
Fire dept next door fully manned and patrolled by us every half hour or so.

Not a single measly thing happened.

Kind of a let down. I think my tin foil hat is what saved us.

Your hat probably saved the whole world!

Seriously, I knew it was going to be a non-event. The media, particularly the cable networks have to have something to fill those 24 hours, and they have learned that if they try to scare us to death, more people will watch. Remember the massive wave that was going to destroy the west coast a few days ago. Now they've latched onto the radiation from the Japanese power plant that will devastate the globe. If the containment vessel holds, and it will, it will be a blip not much worst than Three Mile Island in 1979. They've been trying to find an effect of TMI for thirty years and so far, nothing.

I guess when this is all over, they'll go back to that old staple, "Climate Change".

Dietrich
03-17-2011, 02:32 PM
I move that we elect Bawanna to give Rosie O`Donnel an enema.Now that has the earmarks of a possible ecological doomsday event.

Bawanna
03-17-2011, 02:41 PM
I move that we elect Bawanna to give Rosie O`Donnel an enema.Now that has the earmarks of a possible ecological doomsday event.

Especially for Bawanna!:eek: Ban me if you have to but please don't make me have any part of Rosie or her twin Oprah.

I'll beg if I have to.

jocko
03-17-2011, 02:45 PM

that: I just wanna be there when that happens:D and have Rosie O'donnell there as a stand by in case Bawanna has some spare time and any left over GO LIGHTLY.

Bawanna
03-17-2011, 02:53 PM
that: I just wanna be there when that happens:D and have Rosie O'donnell there as a stand by in case Bawanna has some spare time and any left over GO LIGHTLY.

Aw you guys, I'm kind of booked, I'm headed for Siberia for the annual Musk Ox show and shine. When the permafrost melts (soon according to Gore) I'll be back. Probably too late, I HOPE.

Have I ever shared my feelings about Rosie? Probably not, I'd be banned.

Dietrich
03-17-2011, 03:14 PM
If you add the dates of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor and the 9-11 attack you get 21-18-42.That is unless you use the 4 digit year and then you get 21-18-3942.Don`t say you haven`t been warned.

REACT
03-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Just saw this while over at another forum... Take the World Trade Center disaster date 9/11/2001 and add the Japan earthquake date 3/10/2011 and you get 12/21/2012....:eek::eek::eek::eek:...Maybe there's something to this Mayan calender end of time thing after all.....

getsome,

I noticed you haven't chimed back in since starting this thread. We're not trying to railroad you for your discussion topic. I guess that most of us just don't put a whole lot of credence into adding only parts of two dates together to equal another mysterious date to be of any significance. Neat coincidence, sure, but that's all it is for me.

I bet the Mayan guy that was in charge of writing out the calendar was actually a trouble maker (think Bart Simpson) and his punishment was to write out the calendar to the next 5000 years. He only stopped at 2012 because his supervisor forgot about him until it was too late, but then made him finish out the year to end on a good note.

getsome
03-17-2011, 06:05 PM
Oh I'm still here LMAO at the thought of Bawanna with his arm stuck up Rosie's hind end...Can you imagine what would come flying out of that thing...:eek:...I bet it would be like a 60mm Twinkie mortor!!!!..."INCOMING".... Seriously I don't believe for a minute all the hype about 2012 nor did I about Y2K I just thought it was a strange coincidence about the numbers adding up but it means about as much as saying that since it rained last Tuesday that must mean it will rain every Tuesday from now on.... Some people just have too much time on their hands to figure out stupid things like that.... As for the Mayan calander stopping at 2012, I think they just ran out of rock to carve on or broke the chisel or something...Now about the Japan nuclear problem, I find it interesting to watch the different news coverage between Fox and CNN...I really think CNN's Anderson Cooper gets a woody and a wet spot every time the least thing happens over there...Last night I'm pretty sure he had a little nose candy during the broadcast because he kept sniffing and wiping his nose with his hand and all the while not being able to compose a complete sentence that made any sense at all.... Fox News just gives out what little is known but does it in a professional way...

wyntrout
03-17-2011, 06:14 PM
It's started!! Maybe... http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110317/ap_on_re_us/us_highway_slide

Is this the beginning... the Left Coast falling into the ocean??

That's the best part of Kalifornia... great drive... car or bike.

Wynn:)

Recycooler
03-17-2011, 07:52 PM
Ad your age this year to the last 2 digits of the year you were born.bet you get 111.:)

and stay away from Rosies butt for Petes sake.Or I will have to post hairy armpit girl again.

Bawanna
03-17-2011, 10:03 PM
Ad your age this year to the last 2 digits of the year you were born.bet you get 111.:)

and stay away from Rosies butt for Petes sake.Or I will have to post hairy armpit girl again.

You can count me in on that deal. I ain't going no where near that complete waste of flesh. 60mm twinkies. Not this kid, no way uh uh.........

jlottmc
03-19-2011, 02:45 PM
Could be worse. You could have been nominated to throw Micheal More into that mix as well. Or maybe douche all of them. Ok that was too much even for me, I'm going to club myself for that.

Bawanna
03-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Could be worse. You could have been nominated to throw Micheal More into that mix as well. Or maybe douche all of them. Ok that was too much even for me, I'm going to club myself for that.

Good plan, I quite eating M&M's just cause of the initials. Don't say that name no more please.

jocko
03-19-2011, 03:02 PM
they are not M & M they are W & W. Willie Wonka