PDA

View Full Version : K-40 is a winner!

Goldstar225
03-28-2011, 05:58 AM
I've previously posted on this forum of my experience with my CW-40 (reliability issues). The positives with the CW-40 led me to take a chance and try the K-40.

I'm glad I did. My K-40 is a great pistol!! The first rounds out of it were to qualify with it as an off-duty weapon. I easily shot a perfect score. Yesterday I hit the range to shoot the break-in rounds. Using a 50/50 mix of Remington 165 grain FMJ/Golden Sabers I had no malfunctions and the accuracy was superb. It was easy to nail the 10 ring on the B-27 at 15 yards. I had a very nice run on the 8" plates at 15 and slowing down the 4" plates at 15 were hit with each shot.

The gun fits my hand better than any semi-auto I've tried and I wish my revolvers had a trigger this good.

To say I'm pleased is a gross understatement.

Now for holster advice. I've been using a Crossbreed Supertuck for my Glock and have been very happy with it. Would you recommend the Supertuck or Minituck for the K-40?

jlottmc
03-28-2011, 06:15 AM
The supertuck would probably be the best choice for the K40. The weight distribution and the fact that you are already familiar with the supertuck would weigh heavily in that for me. I know that some day I will own a K40, so congrats there, sounds like you have a keeper.

eastenn
03-28-2011, 06:08 PM
i have the mini-tuck for my k40 and believe it is ideally sized for the gun. i recently posted pics of it over in a thread asking for pics of the mini-tuck

MrToad
03-29-2011, 01:04 PM
I've got the supertuck for my K40, and have a photo of it holstered (with some frivolous ammo-candy about) here (http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=6149).