PDA

View Full Version : Reliabilty of the Kahr

sturose
11-28-2009, 09:33 AM
Hi

I'm new here and very intersted in the P9 series.

I've been reading a lot about the Kahr and they seem to have more than average reliabilty issues.

Is this the case or is it that a few people with issues are making a lot a noise???:confused:

Thanks

Ol'coot
11-28-2009, 09:44 AM
I can't speak for everyone here but my experience with my PM9 has been nothing but stellar. I just returned for another outing to the range this morning, So far I have put just over 1100 rounds through this gun with out a single issue of any kind since purchasing it in September of this year. This little guy just eats anything I put in it, even mixed rounds without any issues. With the current ammo shortage I have been shooting anything I can get my hands on and I am very happy with the results.

sturose
11-28-2009, 11:26 AM
I can't speak for everyone here but my experience with my PM9 has been nothing but stellar. I just returned for another outing to the range this morning, So far I have put just over 1100 rounds through this gun with out a single issue of any kind sice purchasing it in September of this year. This little guy just eats anything I put in it, even mixed rounds without any issues. With the current ammo shortage I have been shooting anything I can get my hands on and I am very happy with the results.

Thank You

I meant to say P9 not PM9 but your input was valuable.

jocko
11-28-2009, 01:17 PM
Thank You

I meant to say P9 not PM9 but your input was valuable.

long PM sent...... a few people can "make" alot of noise...

good luck. kahrs are super great guns..Just ask Jim K:yo:

Raoul
11-28-2009, 01:52 PM
EVERYBODY makes a bad gun. Every gun forum I've been on has posts with people who've had problems. That's what the forums are for.
Also, every gun has a breakin period. I carry a PM40 and with the exception of a couple of feed issues in the first 50 rounds it has always been reliable.

wagon
11-28-2009, 01:58 PM
... and on the other side of the coin, you will ALWAYS have fan-boy on every forums ... :rolleyes:

Way I see it, forums are for exchanging of info - good or bad - and knowledge base. Intensional bashing or undermining a given brand is an unacceptable behavior -- nobody wins. However those who will only glorify a given brand dispite of existing valid issues/problems aren't helping the member community to identify and resolve potential problems with the product and/or the safety of the product... any products not exclusive to firearms.

I have a "September new" PM9 and it shoots true and better than I can. It now has ~390 rounds with zero functional issues.

BTW, welcome to the forum, Sturose. We have a lot of knowledgeable and helpful members to help fellow Kahr owners on questions and concerns. I am new to Kahr guns myself and I'm learning from this group everyday.

Is this the case or is it that a few people with issues are making a lot a noise???:confused:

Thanks

jocko
11-28-2009, 02:56 PM
were all learning, wagon. lots of intelligence on this forum, some bantering back and forth but also in good style and mostly constructive. I wll admit that I am kind of a kahr fanboi, as all of mine have been excellent but I have also told others that I am not married to any gun. I have to have total confidence in it or it is gone.

When anyone looses confidence in any gun, it should be gone, don't care who makes it. I sold guns for 40 years and made a good living from it and I also know that some people don't take the time to work a gun in right, or loose patience to fast. Not alibiing for the gun either, as I know from past experience that some guns have to go back to the mother ship to get right, as do new cars and other good name products. Nobody likes it when it happens to them either.

I once owned a Para Carry 9 (new bought) and I thought I had found my true love, this was to me a super gun, BUT it just never worked, 3 times backtothe mother ship to even get it right enough to trade it off in good faith. I read great reports all the time on Para's, so I chalked this ownership up as "sh-t happens... and moved on..

Jackleg
11-28-2009, 03:37 PM
Have 2 pm9's, not a single problem; 2 p380's with only minimal FTF issues within the first 200 rounds, depending on ammo brand. Best guns I've ever owned!!!!!

kpm9
11-28-2009, 04:10 PM
1 PM9 (1400+ rounds), 1 PM45 (450 rounds), a CW9 (gave my brother in-law) - all have been 100% reliable. I have had a P9 that I sold several years ago and I have another P9 that should be by end of week.

The one I sold went back to Kahr for a slide release issue that was prmptly fixed and I'm bery confident the new P9 will be as reliable as all my recent Kahr's.

ltxi
11-28-2009, 05:57 PM
My PM9 has been flawless. My K9 hiccuped a bit too much early on but settled down after some polishing and extended break-in. My MK9 required a trip back to Kahr, some light custom work, and close to 1000 rounds total before I felt I could completely trust it.

All were worth it to me. But if I were a poor, starving college student I'd just buy a J-frame revolver and few boxes of carry ammo....I still have that gun

Cappy
11-28-2009, 11:00 PM
There are two people in this world that make a lot of negative noise, those that are too lazy to do anything with their lives, and those that have nothing to do with their time but complain. The rest of us live our lives doing work (lots of it) and what we enjoy: family, hunting, fishing, camping, reading, etc.

My Kahrs have been some of my best guns.

jocko
11-29-2009, 01:34 AM
AMEN LIFE MEMBER. Have been a life member since 1962..

mx5fan
11-29-2009, 08:55 AM
Hi Sturose,

If you look around, you'll find that the vast majority of the people on this forum are very happy, if not thrilled with their Kahr's. I would think that would be enough of an endorsement for these great little guns. By the way, you'll find with any of the gun sites that there are always those who have nothing but negative things to say, actually they are the same ones who have nothing but negative things to say in life, as well.

With all guns, there are tolerances and sometimes they need to be tweaked to make them just right.

If you are interested in buying a Kahr............Just Do it!

jocko
11-29-2009, 09:52 AM
mx5fan. and how right your comments are. Alot of people call them "trolls".. for what ever it is worth we have some on this great forum also. nature of the beast, as they say..

sturose
11-29-2009, 03:53 PM
Hi Sturose,

If you look around, you'll find that the vast majority of the people on this forum are very happy, if not thrilled with their Kahr's. I would think that would be enough of an endorsement for these great little guns. By the way, you'll find with any of the gun sites that there are always those who have nothing but negative things to say, actually they are the same ones who have nothing but negative things to say in life, as well.

With all guns, there are tolerances and sometimes they need to be tweaked to make them just right.

If you are interested in buying a Kahr............Just Do it!

Thanks

zena
11-29-2009, 05:42 PM
Sturose, Welcome to the forum! :israel: I've carried my PM9 for a couple years, take it to the range regularly, and have been nothing but happy with it. I hope you become one more happy Kahr owner. Let us know what you buy and how she behaves.

Dietrich
11-29-2009, 06:59 PM
I own two Kahr handguns and love them both.Particularly the PM9.Don`t let the naysayers sway your opinion too badly.Kahr handguns, as a rule, are fine defensive weapons to own.Any product that is mass produced is going to pop out an imperfect item on occasion,but Kahr customer service is top rate from what I understand.I can`t speak to that directly as I have never had an issue with either of my Kahrs.If you decide to buy a Kahr,I think you`ll be glad you did.

Jim K
11-30-2009, 07:54 PM
Shill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill)

wagon
11-30-2009, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the free lesson, Jim :)

steve666
12-01-2009, 10:06 AM
:cool:I've not had any problems with my K40 and have enough confidence in it to make it my usual carry gun

adamsgeneral
12-08-2009, 08:10 PM
buy the kahr, you will love it. and if you do have trouble, kahr has customer support second to none.

Wayne's World
12-09-2009, 05:26 AM
My experience with Kahr (pm9) has been nothing but stellar.
1350 rounds and 0 (zero) malfunctions.
I love this site for the wisdom and knowledge these guys (and gals) contribute.
Thank you all.

Arizona T
12-09-2009, 10:04 AM
PM 9 1000 rounds no Problems at all, NO FTF , NO FTE pure excellence!!

My new PM 40 200 rounds during the break in no Problems at all !!

Not 1 issue what so ever theses pistols, They are excellent !! Keep them clean and lubed up and they function perfectly.

All rounds have been Winchester white box ( not 1 issue) I can't say anymore!!

Thanks Kahr !!!!!!!!!

jocko
12-09-2009, 10:43 AM
PM 9 1000 rounds no Problems at all, NO FTF , NO FTE pure excellence!!

My new PM 40 200 rounds during the break in no Problems at all !!

Not 1 issue what so ever theses pistols, They are excellent !! Keep them clean and lubed up and they function perfectly.

All rounds have been Winchester white box ( not 1 issue) I can't say anymore!!

Thanks Kahr !!!!!!!!!

I get out of my PM9 with 25,000 rounds and my K9 with around 4500+ and my P380 with alittle over 1300. they all just go bang like designed. Not saying one cannot give issues, all guns can and if that happens I will get it fixed and not think a thing about it.Shoot good factory ammo, keep the gun cleaned and properly lubed and most all makes of guns will do as designed..:third::third: