PDA

View Full Version : PM45 Thoughts

varoadking
12-02-2009, 05:28 PM
I own a P9, PM9 and MK9 '98 Elite. Each has been 100% for me since purchasing them...and all are accurate as hell...

I'm set to buy a used DLC PM45 this weekend - price is $575.00 - but have read some reports of unsatisfactory performance on the PM45.

Thought you past and present owners could help me out with this.

TIA

Pender1
12-02-2009, 05:36 PM
The first PM45's did have some issues, but most of them have made it back to Kahr and been fixed and the new ones are up to par with the rest of Kahr's pistols. Mine was sent back for a new barrel and springs before I got it used. I've only had 3 instances of a malfunction through about 200 rounds since I bought it, 2 were a friend of mine limp wristing it and one was an underpowered handload. I've not regretted buying mine at all.

jocko
12-03-2009, 12:24 PM
If it is used, ask or pay to test fire it 50 rounds and if it does what it should then the test price paid comes off the price of the gun also. I would think the seller would think that was more than fair.

Some have bought new PM45 for $550 not the dlc finish which to me is an awesome finish to, so ur not getting a total steal of a price either but I think it is a fair price if the gun checks out OK.

Bulldog Custom Gun Leathe
12-04-2009, 09:23 PM
I was able to purchase my PM45 for the $550.00 price. I had a couple of FTF during the first 50 or so rounds. Since then, function has been flawless. It's my favorite CCW piistol. I think your making a wise choice.

Randy

varoadking
12-05-2009, 06:08 AM
Thanks for the feedback fellas...off to the gunshow I go to fetch my PM45...

varoadking
12-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Well, my new-to-me SV21XX PM45 manages to drop the magazine before firing the last round in a magazine about 75% of the time.

Seems to shoot at bit high and left as well...

I can deal with and adjust the latter, but the magazine issue? Is there a newer catch design?

TIA...

jocko
12-05-2009, 04:32 PM
Well, my new-to-me SV21XX PM45 manages to drop the magazine before firing the last round in a magazine about 75% of the time.

Seems to shoot at bit high and left as well...

I can deal with and adjust the latter, but the magazine issue? Is there a newer catch design?

TIA...

u have a few hundred rounds through it and it is still doing that, then call kahr and have them send u a new catch. You have a metal catch in there but it could be out of spec enough to not doing what it should. u should have two magazine with that PM45, does it do it with both of them???try to eliminate the magazines as a possable source, by trying both. If they both do it, then you know it is more than likely not in the magazines. Eliminate the possability of you accidently hitting the release button to. try shooting it left hand and see if it does the same thing. If both of them prove out ok, then I think you have a bad magazine catch.

I have read before of this happening on other kahrs and after some rounds down range and alot of mag insertions,it cured itself. Be paitent with it before jumping off the deep end. Last resort is to always send it back kbut I feel you can solve this issue yourself..

varoadking
12-05-2009, 05:06 PM
Yup...happens with both magazines...and I put more than 200 rounds downrange today...

I tried several different mothods of gripping the piece to rule out hitting the magazine catch myself...

I'm a pretty patient guy when it comes to these matters...it's work out one way or another...

Thanks for the post...

jocko
12-06-2009, 09:38 AM
Yup...happens with both magazines...and I put more than 200 rounds downrange today...

I tried several different mothods of gripping the piece to rule out hitting the magazine catch myself...

I'm a pretty patient guy when it comes to these matters...it's work out one way or another...

Thanks for the post...

to be an out of spec magazine release....

varoadking
12-06-2009, 11:01 AM
I cleaned and lubed it last night, and took it to the range this morning. Of 150 rounds, only had one premature magazine release and one stovepipe...both with the same magazine.

Gonna cleaan it up tonight and see if the worst is behind me next weekend...

I don't seem to shoot it as well as I'd like...it'll take some getting used to, I guess...