View Full Version : CM40, any chance?

KelevGadohl
05-08-2011, 09:58 PM
I'm starting my funding drive for a CM9. Any talk of Kahr making a CM40 to compliment their PM40?

By the time I have the $$$$ maybe I could have a choice - CM9/CM40. I can dream can't I?

Bawanna
05-08-2011, 10:13 PM
I don't know for sure but I'd say theres a very good chance of a CM40 in the future and maybe even a CM 45. Being as it's really not recreating the wheel and just a little more basic PM series I don't see why they wouldn't.

I'm sure marketing comes into play at this point. Sell a bunch of nines, then offer the 40 so some step up again, ditto the 45.

O'Dell
05-08-2011, 11:23 PM
I don't know for sure but I'd say theres a very good chance of a CM40 in the future and maybe even a CM 45. Being as it's really not recreating the wheel and just a little more basic PM series I don't see why they wouldn't.

I'm sure marketing comes into play at this point. Sell a bunch of nines, then offer the 40 so some step up again, ditto the 45.

I'd jump on a CM45 in a heartbeat.

Joe L
05-09-2011, 02:11 AM
I'd jump on a CM45 in a heartbeat.

Me, too. I love my PM40. Shot it both Saturday and Sunday this weekend. I will wind up with the entire _M__ suite before the end of the year. Damn Kahr forum.

Joe

jocko
05-09-2011, 04:27 AM
Its gonna happen but not this year IMO, One gun at a time...They did the right thing coming out with the 9 frst.

Kahr has so many options to their guns to keep us buiying. I think they can offer different finishs to their guns and all models also, dlc, camo, desert camo, etc. Hell they don't do the finish work now, they vendor it out, so why not expand the options..

Bawanna
05-09-2011, 09:16 AM
Its gonna happen but not this year IMO, One gun at a time...They did the right thing coming out with the 9 frst.

Kahr has so many options to their guns to keep us buiying. I think they can offer different finishs to their guns and all models also, dlc, camo, desert camo, etc. Hell they don't do the finish work now, they vendor it out, so why not expand the options..

Reading between the lines I'm seeing a hidden desire for Pink. Should it read dlc, camo, pink, desert camo, etc?

jocko
05-09-2011, 11:52 AM
I think kahr is waiting on ur patent rights to run out on the tit-y pink so they can offer it on their guns and not have to pay u a royalty. Thats what they told me when I ask. Honest.

gpennycuff
06-15-2011, 03:25 PM
i'd jump on a cm45 in a heartbeat.

^^^this!

Bawanna
06-15-2011, 04:03 PM
I think kahr is waiting on ur patent rights to run out on the tit-y pink so they can offer it on their guns and not have to pay u a royalty. Thats what they told me when I ask. Honest.

Well I'll have to remove that projected income from my retirement portfolio forthwith.

TucsonMTB
06-15-2011, 05:31 PM
I'm starting my funding drive for a CM9. Any talk of Kahr making a CM40 to compliment their PM40?

By the time I have the $$$$ maybe I could have a choice - CM9/CM40. I can dream can't I?
That's a great dream that Kahr probably hopes is shared by other people entering the smaller dimensioned, personal protection market.

Recognizing that the CM and CW series seem to be aimed at the entry level market, who is probably looking at softer shooting pistols, Kahr may be in less of a hurry to add larger calibers than some of the other optimists here predict.

In other words, by the time a person has enough experience to want a larger caliber, they are probably willing to spend a little more money for a PM series.

Disclaimer: I am not a marketing expert and have no access to Kahr's sales numbers. My observations are based on what I see in the gun cases of the established dealers in our area.

CJB
06-15-2011, 07:10 PM
Its more a matter of marketing than "if they could". Certainly they could do a CM40 or CM45.

Is there market pressure for Kahr to offer a lower cost 40cal or 45acp sub-compact pistol? I dont think there is at the present time. Pistol's like the KelTec and Ruger were probably calculated as having eaten into some of the Kahr market share, or even more likely, Kahr saw the lower cost segment of the market as something to pursue in order to keep sales going in the current economy. Put those two thoughts together, grind 'em up... and the resultant cole-slaw of a thought train is probably the best guess on CM40 and CM45 possibilities.

A CM45 would be a very nice addition!

jlottmc
06-18-2011, 07:37 AM
I'd buy both, as well as K, MK, and T 45's still working on the K 40, and possibly an MK 40 though.