View Full Version : My PM9 Got Jilted

Bill K
05-23-2011, 03:37 PM
I tried. I really did. This past Friday morning I tried my PM9, using 3 different pocket holsters, in the suit pants pocket of the suit I'd be wearing to a family wedding. In this particular pants the PM9 just printed to much for me to feel comfortable. Wound up taking my P3AT to PA (I'm legal in PA) for the wedding and a 3 day family visit. Would have really liked to have had my PM9 with me but it was not meant to be. Got home a few hours ago and it is in my pocket now. So what do you guys thinks, will my PM9 ever forgive me? :)

Bill K.

jocko
05-23-2011, 03:41 PM
sleep with it tonight and see if that helps.. U did a bad thing though.

Bawanna
05-23-2011, 03:55 PM
A very bad thing. Man up and buy a holster. Wear it on your hip. Thats what jackets, vest and cummerbunds are for. (can't think of no other use for a scarf round your waist, who invented the cummerbund anyhow?

OWB, IWB whatever, save your pocket for a bananna or zippo, or any loose change you find on the street, thats what I do.

OldLincoln
05-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Bill, that's why you need a good IWB in addition to the pocket. I carry in the pocket doing yard work but it sits in the Silent Thunder the rest of the time.

Bawanna
05-23-2011, 04:13 PM
We can add one more to our Silent Thunder order for Bill K.

This will work out just swell.

Bill K
05-23-2011, 04:23 PM
With hindsight I could/should have brought both the PM9 and .380 with me. Was only in my suit for half of Saturday for the wedding and reception.

As much as I like my .380 (pocket) and my Glock (AIWB) there is something really comforting about carrying the PM9 pocket rocket.

Bill K.

Bawanna
05-23-2011, 04:32 PM
With hindsight I could/should have brought both the PM9 and .380 with me. Was only in my suit for half of Saturday for the wedding and reception.

As much as I like my .380 (pocket) and my Glock (AIWB) there is something really comforting about carrying the PM9 pocket rocket.

Bill K.

I've been crunching the numbers on my daughters wedding and I figure with before game pictures, the do ya or don't ya, and a afterward toast I'll be out of the tux in 27 minutes tops. Course the best laid plans ya know.

I think that PM9 would work really well AIWB, certainly as good as your glock.

Chief Joseph
05-23-2011, 04:32 PM
I carry it pocket and you can tell there is something there with the shorts I wear. But honestly, most people don't look at you that closely. I've become comfortable with it.

Bawanna
05-23-2011, 04:53 PM
I carry it pocket and you can tell there is something there with the shorts I wear. But honestly, most people don't look at you that closely. I've become comfortable with it.

Obviously not been around Deitrich much.

But I agree, you'll notice far more than anyone you encounter, cept Dietrich of course.

Bill K
05-23-2011, 05:02 PM

You are right about what most folks will look closely at. I'm far from inexperienced with pocket carry (have even on a few occasions pocket carried my Glock 26), in this particular pair of pants the printing was just more than I was comfortable to show.

Bill K.

jocko
05-23-2011, 05:04 PM
I will admit that wearing dress pants a PM9 just flops around to much compared to jeans, so I never wear dress pants, but if I did more than likely my P380 would take its palce for that small amout of time

Bawanna
05-23-2011, 05:21 PM
Well I have to agree with sir Jocko once again. I'm all for going back to loin clothes and clubs myself. I miss the old days.

Imagine what I could of done at Gettysburg with a PM45 and a M14!

Dress pants, stretch pants get yourself a prius.

Dietrich
05-23-2011, 05:27 PM
I've been crunching the numbers on my daughters wedding and I figure with before game pictures, the do ya or don't ya, and a afterward toast I'll be out of the tux in 27 minutes tops. Course the best laid plans ya know.

I think that PM9 would work really well AIWB, certainly as good as your glock.

Ahh,weddings.I loved to go to them when I was single.Rule of thumb was the uglier the bridesmaids dresses were,the easier it was to get the bridesmaids out of them.I`ve been to weddings where the dresses were so ugly they hit the deck before the rice did.Good times.

jocko
05-23-2011, 06:12 PM
Well I have to agree with sir Jocko once again. I'm all for going back to loin clothes and clubs myself. I miss the old days.

Imagine what I could of done at Gettysburg with a PM45 and a M14!

Dress pants, stretch pants get yourself a prius.

the alamo with a BMG 50:behindsofa: