View Full Version : Another new PM9 owner

Muffins
05-25-2011, 02:13 PM
Picked up a bi-tone PM9 last week and finally got to the range today to run through the break in process. Before going I followed the stickies in the tech section for lube and pre-break in

I'm happy to report I shot 225 flawless rounds through the gun, including a box of Speer Gold Dots. I love this gun, you just can't compare it to a PF9 or LC9, feels much more solid (and it should for the cost difference).

It was very comfortable to shoot, I'm looking forward to going to the range with it again soon, but for now it'll be in pocket after a good cleaning of course.:D

myname
05-25-2011, 02:23 PM
Congrats on your new PM9........

DriveMyKahr
05-25-2011, 02:34 PM
Welcome to KahrTalk

Sounds like you have a keeper there. Congrats on a successful break-in.

Fill us in when you have pocket carried it for a period of time. Interested to know what your preferences are. My PM9 spends its time in the right front pocket of my Wranglers... most of the time I forget its there. Has anyone ever sent their pistol through the wash?

Bill K
05-25-2011, 04:02 PM
Sounds good!

RonM
05-25-2011, 07:53 PM
I just picked up PM9 last week. So far I have only ran 50 rounds through it out back of my house. I have had a three failure to feed, but my biggest problem is the slide is not locking back (only once out of ten mags). Any suggestions?

TucsonMTB
05-25-2011, 08:39 PM
I just picked up PM9 last week. So far I have only ran 50 rounds through it out back of my house. I have had a three failure to feed, but my biggest problem is the slide is not locking back (only once out of ten mags). Any suggestions?
If it were mine, I would nudge the back end of the slide stop spring upward gently after each magazine fired until you finally it locks back on the next mag. Be careful not to bend it too far or you will get premature lock backs.

However, you might want to call Kahr to see what they suggest. Or, wait a little while for some of old hands here to weigh in.

If you bend it a tiny bit at a time, you can always bend it back if you start experiencing premature slide locks, before the magazine is empty.

Denny M
05-26-2011, 05:48 AM
Welcome to KahrTalk. I had very similar results with my PM9. I am now at 275 rounds and 1 FTF. Enjoy!