PDA

View Full Version : Soon to be PM9 owner

medezyner
12-11-2009, 01:42 PM
New member here (and forum newB). Getting rid of my Block G26 and picking up a PM9 very soon. I won’t trash the Block; it has redeeming qualities but one of them is NOT concealability. It spends too much time in the gun safe because of the girth. My Kel-tec .380 doesn’t leave my person, but let’s face it; you might just piss off Mongo if you shoot him with that caliber. Yes, shot placement will help, but if you’re going for center mass through a heavy winter jacket & multiple layers, you better have some horsepower behind it. My full size .45 get’s carried whenever I can in the winter, but that’s only about 10% of the time. I don’t want to add another caliber (.40) to my arsenal and I’ve secured enough 9 mm over the years for a small army. With the variety of carry rigs available, I plan on the PM9 being with me 99% of the time. With the right load, and plenty of practice, it will be an effective CCW.
I have a few questions:
1. Is the Elite trigger system currently installed in all Kahr pistols? 2. Has anyone done a fluff & buff, and is it worth the time on a Kahr? I did one on my Kel-tec P3AT and it is very smooth and completely reliable. 3. Anything I should be aware of regarding the PM9? Quirks, challenges & whatnot.
Thanks all and cant wait to a proud Kahr owner.

jocko
12-11-2009, 01:52 PM
New member here (and forum newB). Getting rid of my Block G26 and picking up a PM9 very soon. I won’t trash the Block; it has redeeming qualities but one of them is NOT concealability. It spends too much time in the gun safe because of the girth. My Kel-tec .380 doesn’t leave my person, but let’s face it; you might just piss off Mongo if you shoot him with that caliber. Yes, shot placement will help, but if you’re going for center mass through a heavy winter jacket & multiple layers, you better have some horsepower behind it. My full size .45 get’s carried whenever I can in the winter, but that’s only about 10% of the time. I don’t want to add another caliber (.40) to my arsenal and I’ve secured enough 9 mm over the years for a small army. With the variety of carry rigs available, I plan on the PM9 being with me 99% of the time. With the right load, and plenty of practice, it will be an effective CCW.
I have a few questions:
1. Is the Elite trigger system currently installed in all Kahr pistols? 2. Has anyone done a fluff & buff, and is it worth the time on a Kahr? I did one on my Kel-tec P3AT and it is very smooth and completely reliable. 3. Anything I should be aware of regarding the PM9? Quirks, challenges & whatnot.
Thanks all and cant wait to a proud Kahr owner.

fluff and buff needed on ur kahr, It ain't a kel tec. Elite trigger is on every kahr except the K9, so ur good to go. I think the word elite illicits some strange thoughts. the only difference between the elite trigger and the trigger system on the K9 is that the elite has 3/8 trigger travel where as the K9 has 12" trigger travel and this was done by kahr for the NYPD and nothing else. everything else is the same. I have the NYPD on my K9 and honestly can't tell any difference in trigger pull length of it and my pM9. You will love your PM9 but the trigger systemon the kahrs will feel a whole lot different than your G26 trigger. Kahrs IMO are much harded to shoot accurately then that G26 due to the loooooong by design trigger pull..Still IMO the best pocket 9mm on the market..:cheer2:

medezyner
12-11-2009, 02:03 PM
Thanks jocko, I intend on spending some quality time with this trigger. Weaned on a S&W model 60 & colt 1911 so with plenty of practice I’ll get accustomed to this trigger too.